Is this guy just super friendly or is he asking me out?

12345679»

Replies

• newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I knew this was unnatural from the beginning.
    That’s all you got? More please?

I want to say more but I'm waiting for a warning to expire.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    breefoshee wrote: »
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    so which guy is NEXT on your check list?

Tell us about him!

I have this guy.... he accidentally made eye contact with me once.... When I stared back into his eyes.... he acted like he woke from up from a trance. Then he said the most *possibly* romantic thing... "Oh sorry, I spaced out." Then he quickly walked away.

Does that mean he was so enamored with me that he was daydreaming of our future children... or was he actuallly spaced out? Did he run away quickly because he was so afraid of his love for me that he couldn't handle it? HALP guys!

Spaced out. I do that too, lol.

RIGHT?! "spaced out" pffft. He might as well put a ring on my finger with lines like that.

What's funny to me is that your obvious sarcasm here doesn't sound much different than your original sincere question. You're good at sarcasm!

The signals were actually unclear though. Even you thought he was 100% interested....but nope. He's just a friendly guy.

Oh yeah.. and who's being sarcastic? This second guy is definitely in love with me!

So was the first guy. You just pushed him away.

I talked to him on the phone the other night for TWO hours and he called at like 9:20 when I was ready for bed... how is that pushing him away? If he were interested, he would be like "Hey girl. I like you."

This is still sarcasm right?

I'm just saying... I'm not shutting him down. He wouldn't continue calling if I did. Just because I didn't go to certain events with him doesn't mean I squashed whatever was there. We still hung out other times.

And him calling doesn't automatically equate to him being interested in more than friendship. I talk to many of my friends on a weekly basis.

Well no of course not, shutting him down wouldn't keep him in the friend zone or still on the line.

Um. Why am I the one keeping him on the line? Is he not keeping me on the line by continuing to call and not asking me out? I friendzoned him for my own mind's sake. It doesn't look any different than what we were doing before to him. I don't call him "bro" or talk about farts with him.

I thought he asked you out all the time and that was the problem?
    Still, he invites me to thing after thing
    then he says "Well, let's hang out this weekend." But because I'm the most awkward person alive... I.... pause... because I don't want to say "yes" and it just be another big social event. And in the middle of my pause, he says " I mean.. you don't have to.. it's okay. "

He's not asking me out... He's just inviting me to social events with his other friends. He's never been like "Lets go get dinner just us." That time he wanted to do something during the weekend did turn out to be just another friend's hangout.

My problem was that I didn't know at the time if he was trying to have it mean more. Now that more time has passed, I see he is just a really outgoing, friendly guy.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member

Tell us about him!

I have this guy.... he accidentally made eye contact with me once.... When I stared back into his eyes.... he acted like he woke from up from a trance. Then he said the most *possibly* romantic thing... "Oh sorry, I spaced out." Then he quickly walked away.

Does that mean he was so enamored with me that he was daydreaming of our future children... or was he actuallly spaced out? Did he run away quickly because he was so afraid of his love for me that he couldn't handle it? HALP guys!

RIGHT?! "spaced out" pffft. He might as well put a ring on my finger with lines like that.

What's funny to me is that your obvious sarcasm here doesn't sound much different than your original sincere question. You're good at sarcasm!

The signals were actually unclear though. Even you thought he was 100% interested....but nope. He's just a friendly guy.

Oh yeah.. and who's being sarcastic? This second guy is definitely in love with me!

Well I love you too.
    Can we be "friends?"

Are you someone else's husband? Other people's husbands don't make good "friends."

If that is the deal breaker, then no.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

Tell us about him!

I talked to him on the phone the other night for TWO hours and he called at like 9:20 when I was ready for bed... how is that pushing him away? If he were interested, he would be like "Hey girl. I like you."

I'm just saying... I'm not shutting him down. He wouldn't continue calling if I did. Just because I didn't go to certain events with him doesn't mean I squashed whatever was there. We still hung out other times.

And him calling doesn't automatically equate to him being interested in more than friendship. I talk to many of my friends on a weekly basis.

Well no of course not, shutting him down wouldn't keep him in the friend zone or still on the line.

Um. Why am I the one keeping him on the line? Is he not keeping me on the line by continuing to call and not asking me out? I friendzoned him for my own mind's sake. It doesn't look any different than what we were doing before to him. I don't call him "bro" or talk about farts with him.

then he says "Well, let's hang out this weekend." But because I'm the most awkward person alive... I.... pause... because I don't want to say "yes" and it just be another big social event. And in the middle of my pause, he says " I mean.. you don't have to.. it's okay. "

He's not asking me out... He's just inviting me to social events with his other friends. He's never been like "Lets go get dinner just us." That time he wanted to do something during the weekend did turn out to be just another friend's hangout.

My problem was that I didn't know at the time if he was trying to have it mean more. Now that more time has passed, I see he is just a really outgoing, friendly guy.

I'd think that if he wanted more, he would have invited to go see a movie or something... but just the two of you. For sure.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member

Tell us about him!

I'd think that if he wanted more, he would have invited to go see a movie or something... but just the two of you. For sure.

Exactly. A cup of coffee.... something. He's clearly not afraid to call me up and chat all the time... grabbing a cup of coffee wouldn't be that huge of a leap.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Is he good?
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    March Update: Me and this guy are dating now.

I just stumbled upon this, and read quite a bit, but then definitely skipped some too... Please clarify, you are now dating "Pete"
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Idk... I think he might be interested but doesn't want to lose the friendship you guys have incase you don't feel the same way.. The part I have to question is why did you break up with the guy you were seeing? Are you sure it had nothing to do with this guy you are talking with?
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 247 Member
    So I have to ask, are you dating Pete or Mr. I Spaced Out? Someone had to ask, ROFL.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    WE NEED DETAILS. I'm happy for you though :D
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member

❤️ a good plot twist!