WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Just skimmin', only thru pg 65 but too pooped to go further.

Dana we used to have one of these green carts, but Joe got tired of the tires going flat.
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/groundwork-800-lb-capacity-steel-garden-cart
    Now we have one like this, much easier and lighter weight, just right for my strength, yet strong enough for when Joe wants to haul firewood.
    https://www.acehardware.com/departments/lawn-and-garden/gardening-tools/wheelbarrows-carts-and-hand-trucks/7218092?x429=true&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1Nn1k8Sm4QIV7x-tBh2bEAh5EAQYAiABEgKM1vD_BwE
    Machka love the pic of you and your gran, can see the love connection in how she holds your hand.
    Carol all 3 phones got robocalls within 10 minutes? :noway:
    Vicki I kind of agree about Stainless Steel, but it was on sale and the all black or all white was not. ;}\
    Kay, "Meagan Olsen" called me yesterday about my unsecured debt too :rage: Doesn't seem like there's much the govt can do. Like Machka, I don't answer if I don't recognize the number.
    https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/stop-unwanted-robocalls-and-texts
    Beth "a little bit at a time" sounds like the best way to tackle that acre... either that or hired help!
    Katla Glad you got good news from the dermatologist.
    Lanette what do you feed your tomato seedlings?
    Tracey an email seems a cold way to tell you someone else was hired. Sounds like you're better off not working for that company.
    Kylia glad you're back, thanks for sharing all the Aubrey updates, "say something nice about yourself today" amen, sister, AMEN!
    Viv I was able to limit myself to one... a day... ;)

Welcome BellaB, are you in Toronto?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 24/31, 60 g protein 21/31, rx/vits 22.5/31, meditate 12/31, knee exercises 12/31, SWSY 1/8, play with Tumble 14/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 13/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Just a quick one, I'm going to look after my dad whilst mum goes shopping.

The weather was lovely yesterday and it looks like it will be warm and sunny today too. I'm hoping to cut the grass when I get back, also need to get some plants in pots to put out at the front. Might take a trip to the local garden centre on Sunday.

Unfortunately we won't have grandson this week (his mum wants him to spend mothers day with her) so we are not sure what to do with ourselves :)

Well I'd best get my coat on.

Take care and love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka love the pic of you and your gran, can see the love connection in how she holds your hand.

That is one of many favourite photos of us.

And now our connection is just love, thought, and memories. I still think like I'm talking to her and showing her things here ... maybe she can actually see where I live from heaven. :)

M in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Scooter, our 14-year old rescue Skye, was found yesterday to have a slightly enlarged heart, possibly due his grain-free kibble.
    https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/NewsEvents/ucm630993.htm?fbclid=IwAR0Vc9UEOoFdGwUxnCGDeqM9518XAXZIe4xs4uo_yRgRdW0z1uC4P1xOUv0
    Something about the legumes may be blocking the body's ability to process taurine. Reversible if caught in time.

Thank you Carol Hanft for the alert!
    alnw9aqf4tsk.jpg
    fkdojt5qft5r.jpg
    tfry2m0jwrvn.jpg
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Allie, hugs. So sorry about your brother.

Rebecca if I were an owner looking for a renter, I would want you. You post pictures of making your house a warm place. The energy projected would make me so happy you lived and loved in my home. Good luck, a house on a hill with sky and space sounds wonderful.

Betsy in NW Washington, where spring is showing everywhere
  • Machka9
    Options
    Another very long day.

Three days this week, I had to get up about an hour earlier than usual for an early class, an early appointment, and to get to work early today. That really throws my sleep schedule right off. I can usually handle it one day a week, but 3 ....... I was chain drinking strong black coffee all day today!

I didn't get a lot of exercise today, but did manage to get in a brisk 14 flights of 20 stairs.

Machka in Oz

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! <3<3 NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Options
    tenor.gif?itemid=7924850
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Off in a minute to pick up Bea and then go and get the older ones from school. Beautiful sunny day.
    Going to swap my soda cylinder on the way and get a few bits at the pharmacy.
    Taking an extra cardigan for the evening as my son's house can be chilly.

Did some writing this morning, but I'm finding it sticky going. Like walking through treacle.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    zs5iqcwzus4q.png

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies!

For some reason with MFP is unstable on my laptop and kicks me out. Still haven't resolved the javascript problem. Just imagine a "like" or "hug" on all of your posts :)

Barbara - glad you discovered Scooter's heart problem and a way to fix it. Love the photo of him covered in snowflakes <3. Tomato fertilizer - I just use Miracle Grow for tomatoes. It's not organic, but is reliable. A container of it lasts for years if I seal it up well.

Rebecca - sounds like good news on the new home front!

Janetr
    - I like what I'm hearing about your new doctor. Mine dresses like she's going on a hike with cargo pants and knit tops. DH's doc in the same clinic generally wears a nice shirt and pants. I don't think they own white lab coats, lol. The nurses wear cute smocks tho.

Allie and Rori and others who have relatives with addiction problems (((HUGS))). Al-Anon was a big help for me.

Looks like a sunny morning! I'm taking the flowers out of the garage today and moving them to the greenhouse. They'll still spend their nights on heat mats in the potting shed until I'm confident they can make it on their own. Warmer nights in the mid-40's (instead of the mid 30's) will help.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Dana - sorry about your SIster in law.

Barbara - although I agree the email was cold, I was always taught to make a phone call. It seems that the norm now is to not call or email at all. I understand it from being on that side of the desk, but it doesn’t make it any less frustrating.
    Glad you found out about Scooter early enough to do something.

Janet - I think that is an awesome NSV, I have a few friends that had surgery and have gained it and more back. You are doing well.

Machka - hope you get some rest this weekend. Wouldn’t that be a lovely place to do it in!

Heather - have a fun evening with the Grands.

Today I will be painting the spots that I spackled yesterday. I have to dig out three paint cans to do it, but it will be done at least.

Yesterday I applied for a few more jobs and received a call from one of the agencies I had applied to a while ago. They just wanted me to send a resume to a particular person.

My daughter notified me that it was 100 days to her wedding as of yesterday. This makes me excited, nervous and panicked.
    Excited as I am so incredibly happy for her.
    Nervous as we have people coming in from out of town and I will need to take time off work for it. The closer that time comes the less likely an employer will do approve it.
    Panicked as there are lots of expenses coming up and we need the money to do it with.
    It will all work out the way it’s meant, but boy I’m struggling to not have a full blown anxiety attack.

I guess more cleaning is on my agenda today to keep my mind occupied. One thing about it, I’ll have a spotless house.

Tracey In Edmonton

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Rori: I hope you will like your new fitbit. :flowerforyou:

Allie: It sounds as though you are getting your new home setup the way you like it. YAY!!! :bigsmile:

Tracey in Edmonton: The photos are gorgeous!!! I like geese. They stop by our area on their way north in the spring and on their way south in the fall. Some are summer residents. There is a wildlife refuge across the river from us. :smiley:

Dana and Barbara: We’ve had a Gardenway Cart since the early 1970’s. It is still going strong and has never needed maintenance. We bought the size that fits through doorways. We use it to bring our live Christmas tree in every year. The company is still in business and the carts can be bought in wood or metal. Ours is wood with metal framing. :star:

Sharon near Seattle: Thanks for touching bases! :flowerforyou:

Barbara: Thanks for passing on information about dogfood. I double checked the ingredient list on our dogfood brand and it seems to pass muster. It is sold in our vet’s office, along with all the usual stores that sell dogfood. :smiley:

Haircut for me today and I need it. This would ordinarily be a yoga day, but the Friday class is cancelled while the teacher is travelling.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    Options
    I just discovred that the company that built our garden cart has gone out of business. :sad: Good luck finding just what you need.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla Do you have to replace tires on your Gardenway Cart?
  • Katla49
    Options
    Karen: We've never had to replace a tire/wheel. <3