Replies

• sam33a
    sam33a Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I only shop for myself, thank god.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Shopping is my jam. I love it. I love planning out my meals and snacks and then basing my list on those plans. I love organizing my list by store layout and sometimes I even record price trends on items I buy often.
    I dont have kids yet, but since I do the shopping my husband has no choice but to eat what I buy or go out and get it himself.

I sent my husband once with a list...... He came home with fruit juice, cake and sweets.
    I never asked again

I sent my husband to get a few things (maybe like 20 things such as noodles, or canned vegetables) and I gave him the name, description of what the packaging looks like, screenshots of pictures of it, and the isle it was in and it took him like 3 hours. Lmao and came home with much more than I wanted (such as powder protein that he never used) and bags and bags of chips and sweets. Lmao
  • MrsBradyBunch
    MrsBradyBunch Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Like the old song says, you *can't* please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

We're all on different schedules and different diets here. So we all pretty much shop and cook for ourselves. That works in a household that's all adults, but it's going to be a problem if you have children living there.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I order online and pickup at the store.

It saves a LOT of impulse purchases. I can also add to my order throughout the week, as I realize I need things.

See they have this at my store but I’ll iffy about it because I feel like they’d forget something. What happens if they forget to put something in there and you go home and unpack and realize. How does that work?
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I love grocery shopping probably because I only have to shop for myself. I know what I want to eat and plan accordingly. These stories I’m reading sound like a total pain in the butt!!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Lines. What the hell? I was supposed to be home an hour ago!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Shopping is my jam. I love it. I love planning out my meals and snacks and then basing my list on those plans. I love organizing my list by store layout and sometimes I even record price trends on items I buy often.
    I dont have kids yet, but since I do the shopping my husband has no choice but to eat what I buy or go out and get it himself.

I sent my husband once with a list...... He came home with fruit juice, cake and sweets.
    I never asked again

^ That was my ex. I didn't actually send him with a list - but when he went to get beer and hot dog buns for a cookout, he also came home with 3 types of chips, a whole birthday cake (not kidding), and much more. It wasn't anyone's birthday btw.

I don't hate my ex but he definitely fit that stereotype well. My current husband is completely the opposite and I am the one who occasionally throws in weird junk like Peeps. :p