TURBO FIRE 8/22: The Holiday Countdown!!!!

Options
Hello everyone! I am new to MFP but so far am LOVING it! :)

I LOVE beachbody systems and have most of them. However, Turbo Jams and Turbo Fire are my absolute favs and tend to get my butt in gear quickly! While I enjoy biking, yoga and hiking I need a system right now to help me shed the extra "emotional" pounds I have put on and to get me where I want to be for the holiday season. I know it seems a longs ways off, but it's actually only 4 months and 10 days away from Christmas!!! It will go fast and I want to utilize the most of my time! :)

I would love to have any of you start with me. While I did start today, I could wait and make this forum for anybody starting this week or even start next if there are enough people interested. Maybe we could just meet here to support one another and have some fun mini challenges along the way?

My plan of attack is to follow the TFire Class Schedule for the next 5 weeks in the mornings after my green smoothie... That is 120 days! I have done 120 days of Bikram yoga in a row before (90 minute yoga class in 111 degree room with 40% humidity) and I made it through, yet I haven't made it through ANY BB workout system before. I am seriously dedicated! :) There is no driving to a studio, no cleaning of my yoga mat and no excuses! :)

On a side plan, I am doing a 30 day challenge of 30 day shred through MFP and with three of my friends. I will be doing this workout in the evenings with my husband.

SOOOOO CALLING ALL TURBO FIRER-ERS, JAMMERS, AND KICKERS! Let's push play together!

Jump in and get your workout on! :)

Feel free to share any whys or woes and let's get fit in time for the holidays and 2012 together! :)

Replies

• melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Holy crap, I can't believe it's only 4 months away from Xmas.

I've started Turbo Fire twice and had to stop because of business travel - the stupid hotel rooms are too small for me to do the workout in. However, if I have someone egging me on...I'll do my best to get back on schedule around work trips!

Count me in!

<gulp>
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I re-started the rotation yesterday! Count me in :)
  • aripak
    aripak Posts: 33
    Options
    Great idea. I am starting my second round of TurboFire on 8/29.

I finished one round about a year ago and tried to start again in May but I only lasted a month...sigh...

This time I'm going to finish...Count me in!!
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    OMG I am eating my salad and LOVING you all right now! You guys are quick! I LOVE IT! I just did day 1, Tfire 30 and Stretch 10. While I seriously dislike the extra stretching, I did it! LOL

I'm not sure what series you have, but I think new dvds were released? TFire 60 and HIIT 30. Well, as we get closer to the 3rd month or maybe around Thanksgiving, I will get out into the web! :) It will be a good motivation for us to "keep going." I only did them once because ummmm, 60 minutes of Charlene?!?!? :noway:

Glad to have you guys and more on deck with me!

MEL- I feel and hear that gulp. I gulped as soon as I hit "post." It's hard to workout and travel, but it can be done. Jusssst. need... motivation... LOL

MINDY- Woooohoooo! :) I see you put "re-started" how far did you get? I have made it 2 months before and of course was seeing results! What did I do? STOP! LOL soooo, I am making this my goal as to not start over. To just keep going. After all, over the course of 4-5 months what's 1 or 2 or even 3 missed days here and there? Not a biggie! We are in it for the long haul! :)

Ari- Yes! I hear that sigh too! LOL We will make it our goals to finish! Your second round! Wow, did you have great results when you did it? Isn't it amazing how we get on and get off the boat so many times? Hoping that this will help me stay on and start the new year right! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    THE SCHEDULE (In case you misplaced yours! If you are new, I recommend making photocopies so you can have a "master copy" for when you do it again! :)

Week 1:
    Monday: Fire 30 and Stretch 10
    Tuesday: HIIT 15 and Stretch 10
    Wednesday: REST
    Thursday: Fire 30 and Stretch 10
    Friday: Fire 55 EZ
    Saturday: Fire 30 and Stretch 10
    Sunday: Core 20 and Stretch 40

Week 2:
    Monday: Fire 45 and Stretch 10
    Tuesday: HIIT 20 and Stretch 10
    Thursday: HIIT 15 and Sculpt 30
    Saturday: Core 20 and Stretch 40
    Sunday: Fire 45 and Stretch 10

Week 3:
    Monday: Fire 45 EZ and Stretch 10
    Tuesday: HIIT 25 and Stretch 10
    Thursday: HIIT 15 and Tone 30
    Friday: Fire 45 EZ and Stretch 10
    Sunday: Fire 55 EZ

Week 4:
    Monday: Fire 45 and Stretch 10
    Tuesday: HIIT 20 and Stretch 10
    Thursday: HIIT 20 and Sculpt 30
    Sunday: Fire 45 and Stretch 10
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Well just finished HIIT (high intensity interval training) and did the 20 minutes instead of 15. I was feeling energized, why not?!??! I also did Tracy Anderson's Mat workout as more of a cool down/stretch, even though I know this is what will make me sore! LOL

So far with food, so good. I am feeling better already after even a day. Isn't it amazing?

Hope you are working out and if not doing Tjams/Fire- doing something! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Well today is day 3 of Turbo Fire and it says to rest. I am though, going to do a fun workout. i just feel like it! I know the body needs a rest, but I am going out of town this weekend and won't be able to do my workout on Sunday. or if I do, it will be really late. Sooooo, going to some dancing with Tracy Anderson for 20 minutes and then do her Post Pregnancy workout instead!

Hope you guys are pushing play! :) If not, do it when you can! :) Can't wait to have more of you join me! :)
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I started Monday as well!!! I had originally started my first round LAST week but only got in Day 1 and 2 before chaos occured for the rest of the week. So I'm hoping to jump on a board and have some motivation behind me (other than just in my head)!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    I started Monday as well!!! I had originally started my first round LAST week but only got in Day 1 and 2 before chaos occured for the rest of the week. So I'm hoping to jump on a board and have some motivation behind me (other than just in my head)!

Awesome to have you! I think that it's key to just KEEP going! Lets keep going together! All to often we start and then stop and start and stop. I think we need to just push through it. Doing Tfire 30 and HIIT 15 and say Fire55 but you miss core and fire 30 is still better than not doing anything! :)

Well welcome aboard and let's rock this! :)
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hello also... Even though I added the schedule, if you are like me, you like a physical checklist too! I have the pdf that I can email you if need be! :) It's the original, not a XLS or anything! :)
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I loveTurbo Fire and plan to start it up again next week once we are moved into our house... Thinking about combining it with CLX, not sure yet though... Have a great day everyone! :)
  • texastae1010
    Options
    On board of the Holiday Countdown I am doing a Turbo Fire / Tracy Anderson combo happy to see someone else kind of doing this :)

all I know is that Chalene always makes me full of pep etc lol....how is everyone doing and feeling this Thursday...I am so sore from my Tracy or TAM lol

So is everyone following the TF calendar? Meaning taking the rest days when she says?

Is anyone following the food guide?
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I see a couple of you have the Tracy Anderson Method. What do you think of it. I was contemplating on buying it but never really heard any reviews. I already have TF and LOVE it, but was looking for something new. Thanks for your input!:flowerforyou:

Tracy
  • texastae1010
    Options
    I like it ...I did her book the 30 day method Boot Camp a while back and then life go into the way lol...I don't enjoy her cardio though she says not to do anything but what she prescribes for you but I have a bad knee and a lot of weight to drop and all that jumping and jostling inside my house and not in a dance studio is not for me.... if you go to her fb page or what not they can get a little crazy with the Tracy Love lol....but let me tell you it does help to drop inches I don't have my exact information but I do remember off the top of my head (because I called my husband in tears lol) that after the first ten days of doing her workout I lost like 8lbs and 7.5 inches mind you I have more to shed ...and kind kicking myself in the tushy for not sticking with it....so I am doing her MS (muscle structure) I am doing the Meta plan she has right now and the TF (i am not measuring or getting on the scale) but started this combo on Monday and so far I have that feel good kind of sore. The only thing about Tracy Anderson is that for me she doesn't stretch enough I think someone could get hurt lol...but I like it its like yoga on crack or something lol
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Hello and good morning! How is everyone doing?!?!? I just had my shakeology (left at my house by a BB coach- no thanks, just wanted the shakelogy) and I am going to finish typing this, letting it settle and then doing TFIRE 30! I hit it pretty hard yesterday between TA PP workout, TA Cardio and JMichaels 30 day shred, so only doing a webisode of arms from TA today after Turbo fire. Then tonight before dinner, JM 30 Day.

I am looking forward to next week because it sounds like more of you are starting! Look, it doesn't matter if you didn't start the 22nd, or you start next week, or you started and are starting again! Come join us! We have about 4 months to get to know each other and lose some weight before the AVERAGE AMERICAN puts on 10 pounds from Thanksgiving until Christmas. WE can succeed and be the exception!

TRACYLEE- I like her workouts! I know that some people think she doesn't talk enough and that some people don't like her "pouty" face... but I gotta say, I like it! she's completely different than Charlene. And I totally agree with texastae that Charlene motivates me 100% and keeps me pushing... But with TA method, she's quiet and I LIKE THAT! You don't really need instruction for her non cardio workouts. They are a lot of reps, you will pick it up (just like any workout) and they are moves you have seen before somewhere! That is why I like them, I KNOW THEY WORK because I have done them before in other workouts... SO give it a go... I PERSONALLY think that it's a nice change of pace and when I have extra time or a short HIIT workout I will do a workout of hers. BUT she doesn't stretch enough AND I really think TA Method is like pilates in the sense that you will lose weight, but if you are already say your goal weight within 5-10 pounds you will SEE AMAZING results! So I am using it a couple times week and when I hit 130 OH i'm going to be doing it ALL THE TIME! LOL

TEXAS- can I just call you Texas? LOL I think it's awesome you did the bootcamp! I have wanted to, but don't have the money! I also want the metamorphisis omnicentric, but no money! LOL I was given the Mat workout and the Post Pregnancy workout. I usually do the mat workout (ooooouch, my supporting leg- lol) and yesterday did the PPworkout, OMG- enough abs already! LOL I am not that sore today though so GOOD FOR ME! Maybe my abs aren't woken up! LOL Hey, don't beat yourself up- you are here and working out, so you will get back there! I feel the same way about my weightloss/gain AKA yo yo-ing and you know, we'll get there again and thatn just have to motivate each other to stay on track! :) That is the hard part! I feel when I am "skinnier" I can eat that extra nacho plate, pizza, ice cream, soft pretzel (all my favorite junk foods) and then all of a sudden from once a month goes once a week to twice a week and BLAM weight gain! LOL
  • Thankilates
    Options
    On board of the Holiday Countdown I am doing a Turbo Fire / Tracy Anderson combo happy to see someone else kind of doing this :)

all I know is that Chalene always makes me full of pep etc lol....how is everyone doing and feeling this Thursday...I am so sore from my Tracy or TAM lol

So is everyone following the TF calendar? Meaning taking the rest days when she says?

Is anyone following the food guide?

OMG not sure what sore I am, just tight more than sore! I will say Tuesday I walked like a duck... SORE! LOL Chalene is super peppy and I like it! "GET MAD ABOUT IT!" :) LOL While it's not TFIre, I have TJams too and I love Punch Kick Jam, FatBlaster and Cardio Party 3! They are more like Tfire I think! Faster and more peppy!

AS FAR AS FOOD GOES:
    Not following any BB (beachbody) or TA (tracy anderson) plan. I am counting calories and trying to do raw until dinner again. I did it for three weeks in June and felt AMAZING, lost a lot of weight, my skin cleared up and all in all FELT great. i want that again! Plus, as a Vegetarian (healthy vegetarian, not a Frito Lays Fast Food Veggie), I pretty much do that anyway.

Green Smoothies (or regular smoothie- but usually green 95%) and all the fruit I want until about 1 pm. Then I have a big salad of some sort (spinach, mixed greens, romaine, onions, tomatoes, avocados, carrots, red cabbage, black beans or any beans, seeds of some sort (sesame for calcium), brocc, cauliflower, celery, corn, cucumber, red pepper and yellow pepper topped with a dressing (green goddess, oil/vinegar, balsmaic vinegar only, sesame something or other by Aunti Annies). Then I have a cooked meal for dinner. Like last night I had brown basmati rice topped with red and orange peppers, green beans, onions, peas, corn, tomato, celery and 2 T of sweet chili sauce (50 calories). So the entire dinner came to only 300 calories and was DELISH!!!

What about you guys? Food plans?
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback girls! I think I might give it a try! Maybe I can incorporate the Stretch 40 class or the Recharge from CX for extra stretching. Thanks, again! :bigsmile:

Tracy
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone... getting excited about getting out of work in 30 minutes. I'll head home and PUSH PLAY! TFire 30 today! I did take the rest day yesterday. I do have the schedule! Thank you! I just got my TF set two weeks ago... I'm so excited to be doing this. I am having surgery on the 21st of September so I need to do as much as I can before then!
  • Thankilates
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone... getting excited about getting out of work in 30 minutes. I'll head home and PUSH PLAY! TFire 30 today! I did take the rest day yesterday. I do have the schedule! Thank you! I just got my TF set two weeks ago... I'm so excited to be doing this. I am having surgery on the 21st of September so I need to do as much as I can before then!

Wow- surgery OH no! Well good luck to you! :) We are on the same schedule! Tfire 30 was much easier today than it was Monday! So that is good, right! LOL

We will all be looking FAB by the time the holidays roll around!

Oh and STRETCHING: sometimes I just set the timer for 10 minutes, throw on a funny cat video or something on youtube and stretch away. :)
  • texastae1010
    Options
    Today was my rest day I might have said that earlier...oh yeah with the stretching I normally watch the last few minutes of crap tv before I get going or do the TF stretch 10 but after awhile I tend to do my own stretching well lets be honest we know what we need to stretch etc.

For my food I am trying to eat clean in a sense I do eat meat but trying to eat leaner cuts etc. I had issues with my liver awhile back from some evil medication and so now I need to make sure I get my zinc etc.

Good for you AOF for getting your workouts in before surgery that shows some dedication I love it...I hope everything is ok and that it is a (not sure if there is such a thing as one) simple or easy surgery and that your recovery time is quick.

Are we all ready for tomorrow? I am I feel like such a bum from not working out today (guess thats a good thing??)

Hope everyone is having a great day/evening

Any big plans for the weekend??