whitpauly wrote: »
    January-0 drinking days <3
    February-2 drinking days >:)
    March-0 drinking days <3

Awesome!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    35 days sober. Here's to a sober April! Good luck everybody.

NICE JOB!!
  • salleewins
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    January-0 drinking days <3
    February-2 drinking days >:)
    March-0 drinking days <3

AWESOME PROGRESS!!! Love it!!!!
  • salleewins
    Options
    walterm852 wrote: »
    Hey everyone ... joining the thread. I have been a steady MFP'r for years although I took a recent 2 month break. Fortunately I have never taken a break from deciding not to drink anymore since 7/30/94 - 24 years, grateful to all that have helped me on this journey

Welcome!! Great to have you!! Inspiring to hear of your 24 years!! We welcome your input!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Good morning friends!
    @Beka3695 Happy you worked through the struggle.

This morning, we had an unexpected snow storm. Several inches on the ground. I was thinking back to early fall, newly sober, I decided to start a Sunday morning ritual with my daughter. Taking her to Starbucks on Sunday mornings to do the puzzles in the newspaper. Now, she will be graduating high school. I’m so happy I did that during her senior year. But I would have never done that or thought of it, if I hadn’t become sober. I have never missed a Sunday morning with her all these months because I didn’t have a hangover or stay out too late on Saturday night drinking. Yet another blessing of sobriety.

I also met with my friend who is an addiction counselor. We talked about our struggles; he’s been sober 15 years but is addicted to sugar. I guess an addicted mind is susceptible to anything. I am going to go back to AA meetings once a week.

I broke sobriety last December after 4 months. And have been having a hard time getting it back. I just had a huge warning sign last week, I opened the fridge and saw an open bottle of wine... and took a swig!! Right then I knew I am another swig away from sliding.

Cheers to a peaceful Sunday! I’m off to Starbucks! <3

Ruby I heard that the disease is progressive and that it gets harder and harder if we go back. Either that or the stress we are under makes it harder and harder. You sure are giving it your best with those hard times you are going through!! Thank you for being honest. Also thank you for sharing about the time with your daughter. Those memories are way better than the drinking times. I am so glad you have been able to do that with her. I try and get together regularly with my girl, who will be 30 in May. Unbelievable how time does evaporate.

Really wise point that the disease is progressive. That makes sense to me. Appreciate your post! You’re right- spending time with a clear heart and mind totally tops a few hours of numbing drinking.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    35 days sober. Here's to a sober April! Good luck everybody.

Awesome! I can’t wait to reach day 35! :)
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @whitpauly You have had such wonderful success these past few months!! <3