The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    @lorrainequiche59 Yes, we are both moving; I’m excited to set up a new place; buy fresh furniture than old banged up things. The only problem is the day I pull out of my driveway, I know I am going to cry all the way to the new place. I sometimes feel like I’m abandoning my dreams and my family; but I also know that this is the healthiest thing for me long term.

I think let’s just continue looking forward and staying present. That’s all we have anyway.. the here and now. And I plan on having a wonderful sober summer with all of you. <3<3 Wishing you a wonderful move! Everything in life changes. Nothing is constant. I think’s better to not resist and accept what is...

Sorry for the “journal entry”. I think I’m doing some self-talk in this post. Hugs!

🤗 Hugs xoxo
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Seems interesting to me that a few of us are struggling lately with the longing for our drink of choice. For me it is connected to my move I think. I haven't had any serious urges, BUT these thoughts keep "popping" into my head and I keep thinking about someone's comment about the "alcoholic brain" and I truly think that is my issue. And I think it is connected to some added stress of making sure all my Ts are crossed, and I have a lot to do right now prepping for the end of the month.

A couple of friends are helping me to paint this weekend (it was my one friends idea to have a "painting party") and one of my first thoughts was of wine in the mix...it was a picture of us having a glass (es) together...r-r-r-r-r-r!! THERE is MY alcoholic brain trying to join the party.

Anyway, these girls are not drinkers...they can control it & have one, BUT I CANNOT, at least not forever; so there will be no wine at my painting party LOL I am taking the last remnants of empty beer bottles back to the beer store today and getting more for my movers and if the girls want one of those that's fine, but I am having my mocktails of choice on hand AND even though beer is not a temptation for me, it will be staying in the 'new' fridge just cause. When my movers leave they can split what's left & take it all home...

Oh BTW, just for some added incentive I checked my QuitDrinking app to see where I am and I have successfully been AF for 307 days & 5 hours....58 days to go until I hit my year mark!! I am SO excited!

awesome days and on the plan you have put together!!
  • salleewins
    Options
    Hugs and Love @RubyRed427 on the move.
  • salleewins
    Options
    tmpecus78 wrote: »
    Today is day 242 since I had a sip of alcohol. o:)

Awesome!!
  • salleewins
    Options
    I hit the 6 months sober last week. I have to admit being sober during the Winter isn't all that difficult for me, but we had some nice warm sunny days last week and that's when I usually sit outside with my husband or go over to the neighbors and have 1 or 4 glasses of wine. This time I just had some La Croix but I put it in a wine glass to make myself feel better about it. I still felt a little sad about not being able to join in on the wine, but I know that I can't give up this sobriety.
    tmpecus78, great job hitting the 242 day mark. I'm counting down to my 200 days which will happen 4/14.

Great Job and Congratulations!
  • lagoscarrie
    lagoscarrie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @shortchange1
    I still felt a little sad about not being able to join in on the wine
    Have you considered the FRE wines? I know some people don't want ANY alcohol -- no kombucha or anything -- but I am comfortable with alcohol removed products that have trace amounts and the FRE brut champagne is really quite tasty!