April 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    First run of the month in the books! Originally planned on 6 but got out of work a little later than I hoped and I had to make it to a dinner reservation with my friend. Oh well!

Date ----Miles ----Notes
    4/1 ----5.5 ----Hoped to do 6 but needed to get to dinner plans w/my friend

5.5/50

2019 Race List
    Bill Fortune 5k - 4/6
    Run For the Wild 5k - 4/27
    Women's Distance Festival 5k - 7/13
    South Nyack 10 Miler - 9/8
    Marine Corps Marathon (1st full) - 10/27
    WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon - 11/3

Hey, I'm doing the Wine and Dine HM this year too! Looks like a fun event!

That's awesome! Have you done any Disney races before? They're such a good time! This will be my 3rd (I'm also a complete and utter WDW nerd in general, lol)

I have done 1 before and it was so much fun! This will be my first HM and I figured what better place to do it?!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @zdyb23456 ! And welcome back! Great photo btw!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    So, originally I was planning on getting in a really short run tonight, before my 7:30 zumba class. But then, I decided I was going to skip it bc I had a bit of a latish night last night (I actually had a date! :) ) and I was tired, and I figured I should also squeeze in some lifting before class, b/c I REALLY need to do it consistently again. But THEN, I got the email notification that my new running sneakers were delivered to my house, sooo now I'm thinking of squeezing the run in again, lol. I will report back later on the final outcome :D (p.s. - date went well, it was our 4th, and he has said he wants to get back into running and wants to be able to go for a run w/me - promising!)

Oh man! Careful dating those runners, they are a crazy bunch.😉

ETA. Can you make him come introduce himself here? See if we approve? Haha!

:D:D:D Let me give it a few more dates, I don't wanna scare him off too soon! Lmao
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Your "gaming" novel was excellent and looking forward to more in the series.(must remember to leave amazon review!)

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed it!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Question to everyone: do you still do scheduled speedwork if the weather is miserable?

Since the only speed work I do is on the dreadmill, the weather is not a limitation. In fact, bad weather makes it more likely I might do speed work.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Has anyone seen @orphia around or have I just been missing her posts?

I have not. Nor @RunsOnEspresso :(
  • PastorVincent
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Congratulations @zdyb23456 ! And welcome back! Great photo btw!

THIS! :smiley: