Do you drink diet soda?

Options

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Online I call it soda. IRL I use the term coke generally for all carbonated beverages. I use soda if I'm trying to be specific. Pop sounds weird.

It's a very neat regional indicator in the US.

2012-11-09-Screenshot20121109at3.05.00PM.png

I've seen that map before and still *kitten* my head every time. I've spent most of my life in Oregon, and I've never heard anyone call it "pop" it's always "soda".
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    Online I call it soda. IRL I use the term coke generally for all carbonated beverages. I use soda if I'm trying to be specific. Pop sounds weird.

I've seen that map before and still *kitten* my head every time. I've spent most of my life in Oregon, and I've never heard anyone call it "pop" it's always "soda".

Most of oregon is a lighter blue so that makes sense.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

Same for Idaho.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Not only do I enjoy diet Dr Pepper but it's best from a fountain machine with a cup full of crushed ice. Lots of carbonation.

Also weird to me the people who drink a fountain beverage with no ice.

I literally never drink it from a can or bottle.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Has anyone tried the new soda flavored sparkling waters?
    lwyvnxnq07jl.jpg
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm from Washington (state) and grew up calling it pop. When I moved to New Jersey, the woman at the supermarket register asked where I was from when I called it pop, because I always hear soda out here. After that, I call it soda when I'm in New Jersey and revert back to pop when I go home for visits. In my head it's almost always pop, though.

This is funny because I'm also from WA State and call it soda. Although i honestly can't recall what any of my friends or family members call it.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I used to drink tab, Fresca, diet Hansen’s but now I rarely drink them because I find they don’t quench my thirst like water. I do also drink crystal light.
  • optus1
    optus1 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Yep! All day every day! A&W Diet Root Beer is my go to. (J/K. Not really all day every day, but I'm not opposed to it) Since doing intermittent fasting and Keto, it's calms my sweet tooth cravings. Before someone says something negative about this, my doctor is aware and though not healthy, it is less of a danger in comparison to the weight I've lost.
  • irenesalor
    irenesalor Posts: 97 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I drink over 9 cups of water and I love it, but Diet Pepsi is also a part of my daily food intake: a bit for lunch, and a bit for dinner. I am fully aware it isn't good™ for me, but it feels like a very small indulgence as compared to other calorie-dense foods, and it keeps me sane after struggling with past eating disorders.

OP, if you are worried about diet pop hindering your weight loss, know that - just as some people have mentioned already - I have never had trouble losing weight while drinking it.
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I drink water or unsweetened ice tea generally, but I will happily indulge in a Coke Zero. I don't like the taste of most sodas, it just tastes "generically sweet", but there's something about Coke Zero I really do enjoy. I'll also mix kombucha with seltzer water for a nice alternative fizz. (I do like the sour zing.)