Why do you think you are single?

Replies

• Waheed_H
    Waheed_H Posts: 384 Member
    Too busy 😬
  • FaabLife4
    FaabLife4 Posts: 90 Member
    And I'm picky and stubborn....and independent....i work too much.... I'm a pain in the butt. I could go on. Lmao 🤣
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Cause I'm annoying 🤷‍♂️
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    We really need a “why i think you’re single” thread

Totally agree, LOL. Having said that, I might have gone long enough to try and dip my toe into online dating... *sigh* I guess that will be my version of the above.

@Nerdswrkout2_1978 I echo the others' disbelief....

• kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    mscheftg wrote: »
    1, 2, 4-7 ... I don't try to go after the same type, but that's what I seem to attract. All different, but the same. Maybe I need to find new places to look.
    BECAUSE I'M PICKY! I forget that I'm not the 110lb cutey I used to be (but I'm on my way to getting there again!!) and I tend to aim REAL High I guess! lol.

But 1 & 8 if I had to pick. But..... I finally have a crush which feels soooo good! I haven't found anyone attractive in like 5 years and I'm in the prime of my life!!!

I'm not even picky, but I definitely aim higher than I can achieve. I've never been the cutie... I'm sure that has something to do with it, too.

I also wonder if I lost my chance because I had dated two guys who were both very into me after college. I think they would have married me... but I wasn't quite there yet and ended things. Can't help but wonder if they were my two chances and now I'm just going to be alone forever.

If you are unsure what type of person you want to attract, maybe find out your love style. I read this article and took the survey and I was really surprised at first that it could be so accurate, but it totally was. I always fall for the same couple of things. Every time. Which is useful to know when it happens. At least you know what to look for. :wink:

Link didn't work for me and I was curious, got another handy? Or the title to find elsewhere?
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I can't help it, I'm just very picky.
    You'd think a woman would appreciate a guy with clean feet though.
  • wheatbaby84
    wheatbaby84 Posts: 46 Member
    I cant deal with wasting years again.... just waiting on the Lord to come thru....
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    At the age of 60, I've started internet dating. Is it common to have great chemistry online, again over the phone and then nothing in person? It's such a disappointment and has happens 3 out of 3 dates now. How do I break this trend?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    At the age of 60, I've started internet dating. Is it common to have great chemistry online, again over the phone and then nothing in person? It's such a disappointment and has happens 3 out of 3 dates now. How do I break this trend?

Its just a symptom of online dating. Its easy to have chemistry with someone when your imagination is filling in all the gaps. Plus its such a different medium to get to know people in a text based way first.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member

Its just a symptom of online dating. Its easy to have chemistry with someone when your imagination is filling in all the gaps. Plus its such a different medium to get to know people in a text based way first.

That makes sense, but it really sucks.
    And what's with Ghosting? I'd think men in my age group would be mature enough to say "It was nice meeting you, but I don't feel we are a good match"
    Chances are that I feel the same and if I don't, I'll get over it and move on fast enough.
    Ok, rant over. Thanks for listening.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member

That makes sense, but it really sucks.
    And what's with Ghosting? I'd think men in my age group would be mature enough to say "It was nice meeting you, but I don't feel we are a good match"
    Chances are that I feel the same and if I don't, I'll get over it and move on fast enough.
    Ok, rant over. Thanks for listening.

It's common between men and women of all ages. It's just much easier to ghost. Apps have made dating the absolute worst because it places us in this disposable society. Sadly just something to get use to, the landscape of dating has changed a lot.

Good luck in your search though.

Every now and then i see a flash of brilliance in your posts

Course they’re really really few and far between
  • dansamy2
    dansamy2 Posts: 22 Member
    My husband died
  • dansamy2
    dansamy2 wrote: »
    My husband died

That sucks
    Yup
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    4 and 5

For me. I'll keep waiting
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,127 Member
    5, 7, a little of 8.
    When I lose a bunch of weight stuff always happens, new jobs, promotions, GFs. I've been mostly not at a healthy weight for the last 15 years.

On OKC I have had 0% luck!!! New pics, edit the profile, lots of messages, lots of like....nothing but crickets....weird the different experiences isn't it? I understand women get dozens of unappreciated responses, which is bad, I get zero responses, which is bad.
  • dansamy2
    My husband died

That sucks
    Yup

How long ago?

About 4.5 years
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,127 Member

Oklahoma City thunder?
    Russell get a triple double tonight? 😀
  • dansamy2
    My husband died

That sucks
    Yup

How long ago?

About 4.5 years

Dang was he in the military or?

Died in his sleep of pneumonia at age 40.