New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    @samiam4114 @kelly_c_77

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll definitely report back. I pre-log a week in advance and just did so yesterday (and I'm too lazy to redo it), so its going to be a week+ before I get to it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited April 2019
    Some new things from IHOP, that chicken fajita burrito looks amazing... if only it wasn’t so many calories! Would be good to cut in half though for two meals!
    tv5bc4zd1w2t.jpeg
    iv0gsys2nryu.jpeg

Also, for those who live near a Wawa, today is “Wawa Day” so be sure to stop by for your free coffee! I found out AFTER I bought myself a latte from Dunkin’ of course, but knowing me I’ll need another in an hour or two so I’ll be going back!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Some new things from IHOP, that chicken fajita burrito looks amazing... if only it wasn’t so many calories! Would be good to cut in half though for two meals!
    tv5bc4zd1w2t.jpeg
    iv0gsys2nryu.jpeg

Also, for those who live near a Wawa, today is “Wawa Day” so be sure to stop by for your free coffee! I found out AFTER I bought myself a latte from Dunkin’ of course, but knowing me I’ll need another in an hour or two so I’ll be going back!

One Breakfast Sampler Bowl please!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    kayfaei wrote: »
    My goodness.. I just got all caught up and FINALLY cool whip birthday cake icing. Makes me think I can order the smark cakes now if my grocery store will have the cool whip.

How on earth do you guys squeeze all of these yummy things into your calorie goals :D

I do a lot of walking. But I also have no life. :)

Same here! My total time in school will be 10-12 years, and I channel a lot of my anxiety through walking while I study. Also, if I ever want a bigger serving of "these yummy things," I know how to hit macros in as little calories as possible.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    My goodness.. I just got all caught up and FINALLY cool whip birthday cake icing. Makes me think I can order the smark cakes now if my grocery store will have the cool whip.

How on earth do you guys squeeze all of these yummy things into your calorie goals :D

neldabg wrote: »

Same here! My total time in school will be 10-12 years, and I channel a lot of my anxiety through walking while I study. Also, if I ever want a bigger serving of "these yummy things," I know how to hit macros in as little calories as possible.

Same here. I do a LOT of my work and studying while biking or on the elliptical. When I have to read a huge paper, I'll just do it on the bike or if I have to watch a 4 hour lecture or conference session, I'll do it on the treadmill/etc.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    🤔a5d3nrufcmib.jpg

What in god's name....???

OMG, I thought this was a joke when I saw it. I imagine it would just taste like really sweet mayo? Might actually be good now that I think of it, lol. Although I usually hate mayo.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    josette06 wrote: »
    🤔a5d3nrufcmib.jpg

What in god's name....???

Google its real its literally mayo mixed with the cadbury filling

Darn, I actually thought it was a new product being released that was just pure straight up cadbury creme filling xD It would've been a terrible thing for me considering I went a little overboard a couple nights ago on icing when my friend brought back sweet bread from Hershey, but at the same time... everyone needs a cheat day every now and again. I would buy it. :')

Where did your friend get sweet bread? 🤤

From Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn, wherever that is! The Apple Bread was already very sweet with a gooey icing on it, but then me being the glutton for sweets that I am topped it off with heaping smearfuls of that creamy icing for raisin bread that came in a tub on the side! It was more whipped than dense like regular icing, but it had the flavor of Chef Shamy’s Vanilla honey butter so I was very much in love with it! No nutritional facts for the bread or icing so I have no clue to what extent the damage was, and I’m hoping I never get more I can’t be trusted!
    u8isqmkzxexz.jpeg

Also, this popped up on my Facebook news feed!!! One of my friends shared it!
    I thought cotton candy grapes were the best thing that could happen to fruit... I might’ve been wrong.
    https://realfarmacy.com/blue-java-bananas-vanilla-ice-cream/?fbclid=IwAR2pJ259fGicE6p1C5w3c-wtcliP-fVEK_i6zESn3SMsy8bnRgRvddI-Gw0
    zi2e2siaxv2b.jpeg

I need those bananas! I bet they would be awesome to use to make banana soft serve!
  • india1311
    india1311 Posts: 4 Member
    So halo top have released new popsicles in which there are a variety of flavours from 80-120 calories! Plus they taste so good!
  • hgycta
    edited April 2019
    So I sort of got the Muscle Up Maple Nut flavored Lil Buff Protein cake primarily because I’ve tried every flavor and didn’t want this to break that streak. I wasn’t expecting it to be THAT good. Most maple flavored things (that I’ve tried) have been pretty subtle.
    Not this. Not at all! MY GOODNESS. It’s perfect! It tastes like someone took buttermilk pancakes and let them soak in a puddle of syrup! I grew up with my brother basically teaching me a normal way to eat pancakes is as a soup with the syrup filling the entire plate, and this took me right back to that. VERY sweet and VERY strong maple flavor that you usually don’t find too often! No weird aftertaste, either! Surprised me big time! Pancake fans will rejoice no doubt!
    10/10 and one of my new favorites
    dyo8u382jidg.jpeg
    NOTE: I also stopped using liquid egg whites out of a carton to make these and started using a regular egg white I separate myself. I’ve noticed it seems to give them a much better texture this way, a lot closer to actual cake for whatever reason!

How many calories are in the entire pancake prepared? They look huge! I want to try these. My daughter loves pancakes and I would like to just make one at a time for her and myself.

Using Silk’s Very Vanilla Soymilk and making it in the microwave (used a bowl then flipped it onto a plate) it came to 319 calories, which is actually more than their cakes usually are when I log them but it was so worth it! VERY filling and awesome macros!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 2019
    So I sort of got the Muscle Up Maple Nut flavored Lil Buff Protein cake primarily because I’ve tried every flavor and didn’t want this to break that streak. I wasn’t expecting it to be THAT good. Most maple flavored things (that I’ve tried) have been pretty subtle.
    Not this. Not at all! MY GOODNESS. It’s perfect! It tastes like someone took buttermilk pancakes and let them soak in a puddle of syrup! I grew up with my brother basically teaching me a normal way to eat pancakes is as a soup with the syrup filling the entire plate, and this took me right back to that. VERY sweet and VERY strong maple flavor that you usually don’t find too often! No weird aftertaste, either! Surprised me big time! Pancake fans will rejoice no doubt!
    dyo8u382jidg.jpeg
    NOTE: I also stopped using liquid egg whites out of a carton to make these and started using a regular egg white I separate myself. I’ve noticed it seems to give them a much better texture this way, a lot closer to actual cake for whatever reason!

I may need to place another order! I used the chocolate flavor and topped it with peanut butter once. That was good!

ETA: Welp, just placed an order. Got the bulk bags of lemon (hope I like it, as I couldn't get it in single serve), one single of maple, and a s'mores frosting *drool*
  • hgycta
    dyo8u382jidg.jpeg

I may need to place another order! I used the chocolate flavor and topped it with peanut butter once. That was good!

ETA: Welp, just placed an order. Got the bulk bags of lemon (hope I like it, as I couldn't get it in single serve), one single of maple, and a s'mores frosting *drool*

I’ve never tried their frosting before, let us know what you think!!! The serving size and calories deterred me, I feel like for being roughly equivalent to nut butter would just mean it would end up going mostly uneaten since I’m a volume eater and have yet to be satisfied with such small portions :pensive:

But I found non-freezer burnt Slim Twin pints finally! I got the chocolate this time; it’s the new & improved pint, but I’ve never tried the regular non-improved pint to compare it to. Compared to Halo Top and Enlightened, however, it has a much richer chocolate flavor and a closer texture to frozen yogurt. Flavor wise, it really just reminds me of those sugar free Fudgsicle fudge pops (which isn’t a bad thing because I love them, but for the price I’d choose them over Slim Twin). Honestly, for 320 calories a pint, I’m pretty bummed there aren’t chocolate brownie chunks or anything to make it more interesting. Good, but I wouldn’t get again. Definitely not when I could get their lemon cookie flavor instead, which DOES have really good mix ins!
    5vqj3hd2shsz.jpeg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2019
    dyo8u382jidg.jpeg

I’ve never tried their frosting before, let us know what you think!!! The serving size and calories deterred me, I feel like for being roughly equivalent to nut butter would just mean it would end up going mostly uneaten since I’m a volume eater and have yet to be satisfied with such small portions :pensive:

But I found non-freezer burnt Slim Twin pints finally! I got the chocolate this time; it’s the new & improved pint, but I’ve never tried the regular non-improved pint to compare it to. Compared to Halo Top and Enlightened, however, it has a much richer chocolate flavor and a closer texture to frozen yogurt. Flavor wise, it really just reminds me of those sugar free Fudgsicle fudge pops (which isn’t a bad thing because I love them, but for the price I’d choose them over Slim Twin). Honestly, for 320 calories a pint, I’m pretty bummed there aren’t chocolate brownie chunks or anything to make it more interesting. Good, but I wouldn’t get again. Definitely not when I could get their lemon cookie flavor instead, which DOES have really good mix ins!
    5vqj3hd2shsz.jpeg

Giant has this & it might be a bit cheaper per pint (forget how close Giant is to you).
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    dyo8u382jidg.jpeg

5vqj3hd2shsz.jpeg

I'll definitely report back :) I was turned off by the serving size/calorie ratio too, but I need something to slather on there XD I may just use a tablespoon or something.