JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Okay so last night i posted i was in the green, that was at 1200 cals, but i did have a few choc biscuits in bed which were about 100-200 cals. But thats not so bad.
    If i had the chance to exercise then that wouldve fitted in. So im not beating myself up about it!

So JFT Friday
    I will..
    - Log accurately
    - Be in the green
    - Drink 6-8 waters
    - Exercise
    - Get house tidy
    - Be cool, calm and collected!

I will NOT...
    - Binge
    - Feed my feelings
    - Give up
    - Make excuses!
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Spin class
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Meditate
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    4/11/19 thursday
    Weight: 150.6 lbs. Yay! Haven't seen that 150 number in about 2 years. Next goal is to be in the 140s. Have now lost about 9 lbs since 1st week of March.
    Water 4 8oz. glasses - :)
    Stay in green :)
    Work in exercise :(
    Bed by midnight :(

jft 4/12/19 fri.
    Weight:
    Water-at least 4 8oz. glasses
    Stay in green
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight

@Elbee1
    Good morning! I love you. Have a superiffic day and an even grander weekend.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    j9lufqy54hup.jpg
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    JFT ~Thursday (4/11)
    Morning Affirmations
    Plan for the day-events/meals: Dinner at home, start thinking about Saturday's meals for travel to/fro 3hr trip w/ mom
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Track
    9:00am Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    9:15am Breakfast (Eggs/Oats)
    9:30am Shower
    10:15am Leave
    10:30am Appt at bank
    Park downtown & walk slowly for long period of time.
    SNOW! ICE! Appt got changed & did 20min glider!
    Work
    12:00pm Shake
    3:00pm Snack
    5:45pm Dinner w/hubby (planned & pre-plated)
    Make a batch of No Bake Fakes/Protein Bars. _ "licking bowl" = after dinner snack, count it!!
    Share recipe.
    Find & share 4 ingredient ice cream recipe
    Find & share "whipped" chocolate treat

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face 1/3
    Eat dinner at the table
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside - too snowy, icy.
    April challenge. Say something positive: A well planned day doesn't mean that it's smooth sailing. It means that I can be better prepared for the bumps in the road, the detours, and the adverse weather. All of which are out of my control. Knowing this was a HUGE factor in me staying the course today.

P.S. If you want the recipes I mentioned message me or just say, please share. I can't remember where I posted them last night. LOL
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    8s8vevwa2czi.jpg
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was such a great day! Super busy though and I am happy to have downtime today.
    Yesterday’s goals:
    30 minutes of swimming 😁
    30 minutes of yoga 😵 Did 20 minutes cycling instead tho
    Stay within calories at Quarterly work Luncheon 😂 Nope but I did stay within calories for the day so I call that a win
    Practice Mindful eating (no devices at table-no pressurized ordering at the lunch) 😁

JFT:
    30 minute interval run
    12 minute cool down run
    20 minute boot camp class
    Stretch before and after
    Stay within calories
    3 vegetable/2 fruit
    Mindful eating at all meals

I’m really enjoying seeing how you all interact. This feels like such a great community! As I get to know everyone I’ll respond to others more and thank you for the warm welcome!
    Richmond is a big foodie city, and I love to eat (hello, why else would I be here😂) but it’s also a really outdoorsy and active place so I am learning to balance. I’ve just done noom for the past few months and that helped me parse out my psychological reasons for eating/drinking to much. I do have a better handle on that now so I definitely recommend for those struggling against your own mind. Anyway-hope everyone has a great day!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Update JFT by 7:00.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Update first directions. Plug in devices. Put pushpins in bag.
    3. Class 1-2: Put poetry books back in work room. Return work. Summarization practice.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Log Friday food. Finish grading research. B - Cover class (head there by 12:05). Enter all research. C - Update unit plans. D - Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. Find Kahoots on rhetoric.
    5. Class 4: Read "Two Kinds" and write flipped POV story - NO DIALOGUE. Kahoot for logical fallacies / persuasive strategies.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. BodyPump 5:30. Update grocery list. Reply to emails.
    8. Draft essay. Blog post. Read 6 pages Capital and 10 Fallout. Lang8 post?
    9. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Update Goodreads Friday. Check weather to plan run. Take cord for phone to school. Take headphones.

JFT Friday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Update first directions.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Print presentation checklists. Print One-Pager directions. ASK R ABOUT BOOKS.
    3. Class 1-2: Present senator speeches; evaluate speeches and add question for senator to each evaluation.
    4. Planning: A - Duo. Log Saturday food. Grade homework. B - UPDATE PLANS AND PRINT. C - Grade and enter all research stuffs. D - Grade. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Read 10 pages of Cafeteria. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Class 4: Read stories to classmates. Practice grammar.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Walk to 10k at park. Run?. Check in with B - lunch? Read 6 pages of Capital, 10 of Fallout. Update Goodreads.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Weight is going down a little. I'm just not being diligent enough with food. :( I mean, I guess it's a good thing that in general, I'm happy with how I look? But it makes it really difficult to stick to what I'd planned to eat. I decide that I want something snacky and then I go eat it! hahaha

Positive thought: I don't have to go to the dentist until week AFTER next! Also, it's Friday, HUZZAH!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! Omg.. How did it get so late. Must hurry this morning.

Positive thought: it's Friday and tonight I can finally relax for a couple days!

Yesterday 4/11:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Work out after work😁
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😁
    7. Stay positive😁

JFT 4/12:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:30 if at all possible
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
    6. Stay positive

• GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It was really pretty outside yesterday and I reached all my goals. Although mine have been the same so far, it comes down to instilling good habits. I’ve already planned my meals for today and will be trying to focus on meal prep more often than not. Also, adding to those goals today as I work from home and it can make it difficult prioritizing workouts/meal prep etc. so JFT:
    1. Stick to today’s pre planned meals.
    2. Work at least 6 hours today (I slack on Fridays)
    3. Do a half hour on the stationary bike.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water.
    5. Don’t eat after 6pm.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    It was really pretty outside yesterday and I reached all my goals. Although mine have been the same so far, it comes down to instilling good habits. I’ve already planned my meals for today and will be trying to focus on meal prep more often than not. Also, adding to those goals today as I work from home and it can make it difficult prioritizing workouts/meal prep etc. so JFT:
    1. Stick to today’s pre planned meals.
    2. Work at least 6 hours today (I slack on Fridays)
    3. Do a half hour on the stationary bike.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water.
    5. Don’t eat after 6pm.

It definitely does not matter that your goals are the same! Its all about building the habit! And its much easier to write down what it is every day than just remembering! Well done achieving all your goals today!!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday

- Gym :(Nope didn't sleep well. 3 hours of sleep does not do well at the gym. I've tried it.
    - Shower & actually do hair and makeup :)People at work barely recognize me.

- Protein bar for breakfast :(Busy and stomach was rumbly
    - Work on molder, finish up LECO calcs, Issue an analytical report for a customer complaint, Review new/old ISO standard for impact on the lab. :)Molding issues are still there, but I worked on it. the rest is done.
    - Probably just have a protein bar for lunch as I need to leave work early today and have a lot to do. :)
    - Shrink appt. I despise these, but it's a necessary evil. :)Panic attack in the parking lot because I knew I'd have to talk about March and my history.
    - Not binge on the car ride to/from shrink. :)I had a bag of Cheetos, but made it last for over an hour.
    - Dinner with the family -1. Sierra has piano :)Late dinner so Sierra was there. Still not feeling 100%, very light diner.
    - Laundry :)4 LOADS -- YAY ME!!!
    - No alcohol :)
    - Bed by 10:30 :( more like 11:30 or 12:00

Positive thought: My family is close knit and for the most part happy.

JFT Friday
    Up early to go to the gym :)Wahoo!
    Work by 8:00 :) 7:15
    Stay in the Green
    Protein bar for breakfast :)
    1L water before soda :)
    Not binge because I'm tired
    Work on Molder, ugh
    Go for a walk at work. At least a mile.
    Lunch under 400 cal
    Get shipping labels to return chair to wayfair.
    Leave work by 2:45
    Take dinner to my youngest between shows, Subway Sandwich
    Pick up flowers for V after her evening show
    Take a nap (long shot)
    Finish laundry - 3 loads left
    Dinner with family -1. Youngest at sleepover
    One treat after dinner, if I have the calories
    No alcohol
    Bed by 10:30

Yesterday was pretty good, except for the doc appt. That kind of threw me out of whack for a bit. Made it to the gym this morning despite the late night. Alarm was for 3:45, but it was 4:10 before I rolled out of bed. I had decided I'd do 30 minutes of cardio and then do abs. I was feeling kind of wimpy, probably from the light dinner and the little sleep. I made it 20 minutes on the bike, which is ok, but I really struggled with abs. I was dizzy and nauseous for nearly the whole time. I got about 20 minutes in, but there were a lot of breaks. Then I laid in the locker room for a good 10 minutes. Nonetheless, I made it to the gym and did what I could. Downside is that now I'm really tired and feel like eating would make me feel better. I'm not really even hungry. My blood sugar is probably just low. That is pretty common with me. I don't think its so low that I need to worry.

Positive thought:
    I went to the gym for the first time in a month, and that is a positive step.

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Friday (4/12)
    Morning Affirmations
    Plan for the day-events/meals: Dinner at home- leftovers; start thinking/?packing for Saturday's meals for travel to/fro 3hr trip w/ mom. Feeling a little anxious -> Gonna exercise soon.
    Sat. Clothes planned/pressed.
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Track
    9:00 am- shoot for 32 min glider
    9:30 am- Eggs
    9:30 am- Plan or Plate meals/Snacks
    9:45 am- Clean something
    10:00 am Shower
    10:45 am Leave
    Morning visit w/mom (too icy to walk outside)
    Buy a wedding card.
    Work
    12:30pm- NOBF
    3:00pm- Pickled Eggs
    5:30ish- Dinner w/hubby (planned & pre-plated)

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face
    Eat dinner at the table
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner.

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive: To avoid getting overly stressed about Saturday's travel, the wedding reception dinner, a long day away from DH, and then weigh-in on Sunday; I wrote myself reminder notes for evening plans to avoid night binges and to de-stress.
    1. Change clothes ~ Change Attitude~ Home Sweet Home.
    2. Brush Hair ~ Wash Face~ Love yourself, TAKE CARE!
    3. Deep breathe in slowly; as suspend breath let it heal the mind and body. Exhaaaaaale. (Repeat.)

I'll see those often throughout the day and it will remind me to just take it one day, one hour, one moment at a time.
  • mirihawk
    mirihawk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to claim my seat, as someone who needs to keep it in the day. I've been struggling with a sweet tooth and self sabotage this week. I need to eat what I've planned and follow through on the commitments I've made. I also haven't been hydrating enough and I feel like I'm fighting off a cold.

Thanks!
  • katlinmariel
    katlinmariel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My goals for today:
    • leave work early enough to go to the gym before meeting my sister for dinner
    • don't go crazy getting sushi tonight. order simple rolls or sashimi without all the sauces and craziness

Yesterday did not really go as planned. We ended up not going to get sushi, but to a sports bar... where I had too many french fries and a grilled chicken sandwich that apparently came with ranch all over it... what a day.

I did make it to the gym though, where I finished week one of C25K!

My goals for today:
    • clean my apartment for guests tomorrow
    • go to the gym with my mom
    • make dinner at home tonight
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This morning I finally saw the scale go in the right direction - albeit only 1/4 of a pound. I know myself and I am a turtle in this weight-loss race so I was thrilled. Friday is my weigh in day - furthest from the weekend.

Yesterday I came to a new realization after reading some of the other threads on this site: I can't use all of my exercise calories. So I need to change my -250 (250 in the green) a day goal. Given my age (64) and my activity level (sedentary but I exercise everyday for about an hour) I need to set my goal for not going over 1700 and try to be around 1600 a day. Also I need to watch it on the weekends. I do a pretty good job during the week and then the weekends come and I undo the work of the week.

Yesterday I was in the green about 300 calories, went to the gym and did a session from my self hypnosis book. The topic was No Wine or Snacks after dinner! I have many good habits in my life and I want to add this to the list.

JFT 4/12/19
    Do not use any of my calories on pastries at a meeting I'm attending this morning (fruit and coffee is okay)
    Fitness class at 12:30
    Be under 1700 calories
    No snacking or wine after dinner

Thank you again for this thread as setting daily goals is incredibly helpful to me.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    Kept feeling worse and realized in addition to my sugar being low, I had forgotten to take my meds this morning. That really messes with my energy level. I also broke down and had a snack, ok 2 snacks. I had 3/4 of a banana, (luckily I was home getting meds, so a healthy option was available). An hour later I was still weak as a kitten, and had 2 peanut butter crackers (not the healthiest choice, but readily accessible in the vending machine). All in all not bad and definitely not a binge, but I do feel a smidgen guilty for it. On the upside, I can keep my eyes open and I'm no longer dizzy or nauseous.

Maybe someday I'll learn not to go to the gym after not really eating dinner and only getting a few hours of sleep. 100% preventable by proper planning. Still glad I went, hopefully it will help reestablish a habit.

Cheers y'all!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Apparently yesterday was 'emotional eating day' for some of us... me too ~ ack! Felt very frustrated at work in afternoon, had to scrape snow and ice off car before leaving, then on way home barely got my little car up a side road of our neighborhood in 5" slushy snow & sleet and couldn't get car up driveway, stuck on snow packed into ice. Watched the UPS truck struggle on our road, too. Later, a few minor things at home, and I was eating ALL the veggie crisps left in the bag. Oops. Logged (really, guesstimated) and moving on...

Recap R 4/11 ~ Rest day ~ We got 3-4" of wet, heavy snow over night, and in morning it changed to sleet with thunder and lightning. Drive to work was interesting & slow. Statewide tornado drill scheduled has been postponed due to weather ~ LOL. At least dog and I walked to mailbox to get the morning paper.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,923 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 47 floors :smiley:
    2) Pace at desk during noon webinar / at least 250+ steps = 1,113 steps :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / NO snack after supper / net calories zero / 14c water = Evening snack failure >:) . Net calories -431 :s , sodium -831, sugar -11, fiber & protein good, 12c water
    4) Evening: choir 6:30 canceled due to weather / boil eggs for snacks :smiley: / declutter 15 min. :smiley: finally packed up all snowman decorations (I know, I know), dusted, took all boxes down to basement & cleared some of newspapers pile / other? :smiley: made Italian veggie soup since no choir (changed prelogged supper) :smiley: washed towels :smiley: texted w/ sister <3 re Easter dinner and with hubby about car :#
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :mrgreen: / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:20 :s (x-train before work F)

JFT TGIF!!!! 4/12
    1) X-trained [weights/circuit] before work :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Keep calm during GA-B prep / send records requests / inquiry & observation worksheets / clear some of Inbox / all the weekly status updates... grrr
    5) Evening: laundry / continue clearing newspapers / meal plan? / other?
    6) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / no alarm, bed & tv off 11:00 (don't mess up routine on weekend)

Today's Positive Thought: Very early this morning, hubby moved my car when he got home from 2nd shift ~ he even backed car up in the driveway, but didn't try to park in garage b/c he thought car might slide into door frame. Such a sweetie (sometimes :wink: ) <3 And today I was able to get down street (not plowed) ok-ish to main road, which is plowed.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »
    Kept feeling worse and realized in addition to my sugar being low, I had forgotten to take my meds this morning. That really messes with my energy level. I also broke down and had a snack, ok 2 snacks. I had 3/4 of a banana, (luckily I was home getting meds, so a healthy option was available). An hour later I was still weak as a kitten, and had 2 peanut butter crackers (not the healthiest choice, but readily accessible in the vending machine). All in all not bad and definitely not a binge, but I do feel a smidgen guilty for it. On the upside, I can keep my eyes open and I'm no longer dizzy or nauseous.

Maybe someday I'll learn not to go to the gym after not really eating dinner and only getting a few hours of sleep. 100% preventable by proper planning. Still glad I went, hopefully it will help reestablish a habit.

Cheers y'all!

Youre doing good!
    Dont feel guilty, your body obviously needed it! Im glad its made you feel a bit better! I would much rather you eat the calories and feel well than feeling dizzy and nauseous!
    I would say that was more controlled snacking!

*hugs!*