Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I donโ€™t know what is wrong with me and this obsessive need to eat all the food every night. I feel like Iโ€™m searching for something and Iโ€™m just not finding what โ€œit โ€œ is to be satisfied. Last night I had my usual evening snack but a smaller portion because it would leave me in the green. I had it, but I still wanted something so I had Tostitos with cheese melted on them, again a smaller portion, still not it so had an orange and some cheese. Still wasnโ€™t it but I had made myself go into the red and refused to have anything else. I still felt like I wasnโ€™t satisfied though. Did I mention that was all within about an hour and a half! Itโ€™s insane and I donโ€™t know how to stop it. I read once a long time ago if you crave a certain thing itโ€™s a sign you are missing some certain nutrients, but I canโ€™t even decide what it is Iโ€™m craving.

Yesterday I spent the day with Kaitlyn, it started out meeting the photographer and she was so nice. She is going to hold our photos until after the wedding and I am back to work so that we have the opportunity to get the money together to buy the digital package. In the meantime I will buy the 5- 8X10โ€™s to fill my frames.

After the photographer left I visited with Kaitlyn and we talked all wedding. We are down to 87 days or so and there are lists that need to be done. I have a few projects to help her with so I will start those next week.

Today my plan is to clean and rearrange my craft room. I donโ€™t like the layout it is crowded and hard to find inspiration in. This will be a workout for me on this rainy dreary day.

I applied for 3 more jobs yesterday, I really hope I get called soon. Then Iโ€™ll need to figure out a car so I can actually get to a job!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,728 Member
    CdnPgnMom - Welcome this is a wonderful group for support, it offers praise when you do well, hugs when youโ€™re hurting and lots of encouragement when youโ€™re struggling. Most importantly, no judgement, even on the days you havenโ€™t met one goal. Keep returning. Does Cdn represent Canada by chance?

Garysgirl81 - I had a small list of goals last year when I started too. I have kept adding to mine each month when I adopt a new challenge as a goal. Itโ€™s honestly helped me a lot, Iโ€™m struggling right now but Iโ€™m working through it and still trying to keep it all a priority.

Maryrobinson40 - I just love you, no matter what you have going on in your life you come here and cheer us on and lift us up with your positive loving attitude. I want to be you when I grow up. Love the turtle!

Faebert - what insight you have shared with Mytime. This is why this is the best group. Sorry you had an emotional day yesterday. I hope today is much better for you.

Elbee1- I am so happy for you!!!!! I need to get my butt in gear and be able to announce a loss soon. I am failing miserably right now.

Littleblackskirt - happy for you that you had a nice visit with a friend. Thereโ€™s not a lot we can do with our adult children is there?

Johicks - I love your positive note. You had a busy day yesterday.

Korina75 - I have heard a lot of positives about Noom, but you are the first where I felt it wasnโ€™t a paid ad.

Clicketykeys - it is really good that you are happy with how you look. I donโ€™t like how I look, and still canโ€™t stop being snacky in the evenings. I need that to stop.

Nlmackey98- Hugs. It sounds like you handled yesterday well all in all. I hope you feel better, I thought of low blood sugar too, glad to see you ate a bit.

Mirihawk - welcome! I am just getting over a cold that has lasted a week. It kicked my butt. Hope you can kick it fast.

Katlinmariel - I find it hard when plans change for meals on me. My biggest issue is my husband is not worried about his weight or health, he should be but isnโ€™t. He likes the junk. Wednesday night I realized I had no meat except ground beef in the freezer so yesterday I went and stocked up on chicken and pork for me. Iโ€™ll have to start making two meals regularly.

Layfayetteanna - I had to keep a little more in the green last year to lose too. I think itโ€™s because I am not 100% consistent measuring and weighing.

Cschmitz110515 - happy you made it home safe sounds like winter just wanted one last hoorah before leaving. We usually get that and Iโ€™m surprised we havenโ€™t.
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    April 12th

We got hit with a big snow storm 2 days ago, my 6 year old had a snow day yesterday and the snow is not going to melt with these clouds!!!!! So I am stuck in the house today with my 2 month old. I would have liked to take a walk.

Today my goals are:
    -Track everything
    -Be mindful
    -Get busy when I am wanting to boredom snack
    -Get my home clean in my free time from baby girl

I will not boredom eat, I will not eat anything that is not tracked and I will make sure that I am making myself #1

The weekend is coming up so I need to meal plan and get things done before my 6 year old gets home from school for the weekend.

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FRIDAY
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT
    1. Log food >:)
    2. Lots of waters >:)
    3. Tea, NO coffee >:)
    4. Ease back into things >:)
    5. Empty dish washer >:)
    6. Cook dinner at home :)
    7. Reasonable lunch >:)
    8. Bed by 9:30 :)
    9. Clean out fridge >:)
    10. Update this list later >:)
    11. Start grocery list >:)

JFT Fri AM
    1. Fish Oil >:)
    2. Bring trash to dumpster >:)

Hahahaha tried to get back in the swing yesterday and I just...did not. I'm so incredibly tired still - so one more day of laziness rest and I'll get back to it. Set myself up for failure with that list yesterday so I'm being more realistic right now. Soooo much to do after vacation. Yard work needs to begin. Spring cleaning the floors and carpets needs to happen. Fridge needs to be cleaned out. And we need to do a huge grocery shop. Among many other things... One thing at a time though!

JFT Fri
    1. 2 Waters and a tea before leaving work
    2. Cook dinner at home
    3. Bed by 10
    4. Be kind to myself and others
    5. Leave work no sooner than 4
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 12 April

Log accurately :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) Walked before breakfast
    April challenge. :) My meal out was cancelled so the positive is that I was in the green today and have the calories I had banked during the week for the meal, to offset a future indulgence.

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    JFT
    1. Log food >:)
    2. Lots of waters >:)
    3. Tea, NO coffee >:)
    4. Ease back into things >:)
    5. Empty dish washer >:)
    6. Cook dinner at home :)
    7. Reasonable lunch >:)
    8. Bed by 9:30 :)
    9. Clean out fridge >:)
    10. Update this list later >:)
    11. Start grocery list >:)

JFT Fri AM
    1. Fish Oil >:)
    2. Bring trash to dumpster >:)

Hahahaha tried to get back in the swing yesterday and I just...did not. I'm so incredibly tired still - so one more day of laziness rest and I'll get back to it. Set myself up for failure with that list yesterday so I'm being more realistic right now. Soooo much to do after vacation. Yard work needs to begin. Spring cleaning the floors and carpets needs to happen. Fridge needs to be cleaned out. And we need to do a huge grocery shop. Among many other things... One thing at a time though!

JFT Fri
    1. 2 Waters and a tea before leaving work
    2. Cook dinner at home
    3. Bed by 10
    4. Be kind to myself and others
    5. Leave work no sooner than 4

@AJB1014 What can I do to help? I'm here, or inbox me... Let's find a way together to get those smiley
    faces back One Day At A Time. Let's think on it at least... K...sister?
    I love you and I want you to win this for no one other than yourself. What ya say gorgeous?!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ™
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Funeral for my brother is set for this coming Monday.
    After that... Refocus! Find New Sources of Energy!
    Come Back and Kick Butt!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,728 Member
    @AJB1014 - hope you feel more energized tomorrow.

@maryrobinson40 - you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Well I cleaned and cleaned and moved furniture from 1130 to 430 and then from 530 to 800 I was still moving items and craft supplies around. I had no more to give so stopped and took a bath. Iโ€™ll I finish it tomorrow morning or Sunday.

I have the Grands tomorrow, Iโ€™m not sure what time Lauryn is bringing them, she works from 1-5. While she is at work I am taking the Grands to my friends house. She has a 10 year old and an 8 year old.

I have lots of room for a snack tonight because I didnโ€™t eat at all while I was cleaning until supper time.

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,360 Member
    :D So happy have next week off, going to try tweaking food choices. Bad news yesterday (I have been fighting a credit card fraud & keep getting denied) which put me in a mood - kept thinking what is best for me. Woke up early, made it to the gym, stayed on the path food wise at work. Ate too much this pm but at least healthy stuff.
    Yes Mary "Refocus, New Sources of energy. I will kick butt!"
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Funeral for my brother is set for this coming Monday.
    After that... Refocus! Find New Sources of Energy!
    Come Back and Kick Butt!!!

Thanks for always cheering us on.
    I'm sending many hugs and lots of positive vibes to you.
  • Elbee1
    cory17 wrote: ยป
    :D So happy have next week off, going to try tweaking food choices. Bad news yesterday (I have been fighting a credit card fraud & keep getting denied) which put me in a mood - kept thinking what is best for me. Woke up early, made it to the gym, stayed on the path food wise at work. Ate too much this pm but at least healthy stuff.
    Yes Mary "Refocus, New Sources of energy. I will kick butt!"

Sorry to hear about the cr. card fraud. Great job going to the gym & food at work!
  • Elbee1
    4/12/19 Friday
    Weight: 150 lbs. Yay!
    Water 4 8oz. glasses - :)
    Stay in green :)
    Work in exercise :(
    Bed by midnight :(

jft 4/13/19 Sat.
    Weight:
    Water-at least 4 8oz. glasses
    Stay in green
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    Okay so last night i posted i was in the green, that was at 1200 cals, but i did have a few choc biscuits in bed which were about 100-200 cals. But thats not so bad.
    If i had the chance to exercise then that wouldve fitted in. So im not beating myself up about it!

So JFT Friday
    I will..
    - Log accurately ๐Ÿ‘
    - Be in the greenโŒ
    - Drink 6-8 waters๐Ÿ‘
    - ExerciseโŒ
    - Get house tidyโŒ
    - Be cool, calm and collected!โŒ

I will NOT...
    - BingeโŒ
    - Feed my feelingsโŒ
    - Give up๐Ÿ‘
    - Make excuses!โŒ

Mehhh.
    So yesterday Marley was better and i thought right last one down, finally its over.
    Until Ash woke up being sick.
    I felt defeated. This has been going on since last Friday!

I did really well all day, didnt have much of an appetite if im honest. Then had dinner. Then had 2 cookies and 2 chocolate bars..
    It was around after dinner that Ash started to perk up and started asking for drinks and more medicine. So i had to go shop three times. (First for medicine, then lucozade and more medicine, then some ice because we ran out)

What annoyed me most is that when the kids were poorly, especially Saskia they got lots of support, love and quiet in the house to recuperate but the couldnt do the same for him and spent the day shouting and screaming. Well, until i lost it at them, so there goes cool, calm and collected.

I just felt very lonely. So ate.
    It put me over by (im guessing) 200 cals?
    So not bad but id rather be in the green..
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    So JFT Saturday
    I will..
    - Log accurately
    - Be in the green
    - Drink 6-8 waters
    - Exercise
    - Get house tidy
    - Be cool, calm and collected!

I will NOT...
    - Binge
    - Feed my feelings
    - Give up
    - Make excuses!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 944 Member
    Sympathies to all of you who still have snow and ice! Here it's just a bit of frost at nights now.

@Bex953172 , 200 over isn't much at all, given what you're coping with this week.

@Snowflake1968, I so understand the evening search for the "treat" you crave. I thought it would be easier not having those foods in the house, but it just means I will try something else instead and it doesn't "do it" for me. Might as well not eat it at all! I now wonder if it's not a particular food I crave, but actually the sort of comfort I feel the food will give me. Ingrained ideas eh? I know fine that food can't do that!

JFT 12th April

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Visit parents yes
    Fill in doctor's forms yes
    Pay bill yes
    Back stretches yes
    Plan evening meal yes

Positive thought - nice to see my father in a chirpy mood. Also weather was warm enough for another potter in the garden.

JFT 13th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Don't go over just because it's the weekend
    Do something in the garden
    Laundry

Positive thought for today (already!) - I've really stuck to logging everything this week and made much more effort to stay in the green. The result is I'm down 1lb. It's slow, slow, slow but much better than going up :)

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday 13 April

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    JFT ~Friday (4/12) - RECAP
    Morning Affirmations โˆš
    Plan for the day-events/meals: Dinner at home- leftovers; start thinking/?packing for Saturday's meals for travel to/fro 3hr trip w/ mom. โˆš
    Sat. Clothes planned/pressed. โˆš
    Check~in w/MFP pals โˆš
    Track โˆš
    9:00am- shoot for 32 min glider; completed 17min. โˆš Darn knees!!
    I know the more I lose the easier it will be.
    9:30am- Eggs โˆš
    9:30am- Plan or Plate meals/Snacks โˆš
    9:45am- Clean something
    10:00am Showerโˆš
    10:45am Leaveโˆš
    Morning visit w/mom (too icy to walk outside) โˆš
    Buy wedding card.โˆš
    Work โˆš
    12:30pm- NOBF โˆš
    3:00pm- Pickled Eggs โˆš
    5:30ish- Dinner w/hubby (planned & pre-plated) โˆš

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Change clothes, brush hair, wash face โˆš
    Eat dinner at the table
    Drink hot teaโˆš
    Brush teeth, Go to bed & Say โ€œKitchen Closed!โ€ โˆš
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or in the morning), not after dinner. โˆš

Jan~ Drink 8+ water โˆš
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner โˆš
    Mar.~ 15 min. walk outside inside
    April challenge. Say something positive: โˆš To avoid getting overly stressed about Saturday's travel, the wedding reception dinner, a long day away from DH, and then weigh-in on Sunday; I wrote myself reminder notes for evening plans to avoid night binges and to destress.
    1. Change clothes ~ Change Attitude~ Home Sweet Home.
    2. Brush Hair ~ Wash Face~ Love yourself, TAKE CARE!
    3. Deep breathe in slowly; as suspend breath let it heal the mind and body. Exhaaaaaale. (Repeat.)

I'll see those often throughout the day and it will remind me to just take it one day, one hour, one moment at a time.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hi all. Had a good day yesterday. Got back on track after my emotional eating the night before. Really enjoyed my morning walk and made some good progress with my reports. Today I have done another long walk and am doing lots of chores before heading down to see the bf for the rest of the weekend. Wish you all a super weekend. X

Friday goals recap:
    - morning walk โœ…
    - Meet colleague for coffee โœ…
    - Eyebrows โœ…
    - Buy ingredients and make cake for (another!) baby shower โœ…
    - Meet up with yoga teacher friend for catch-up โœ…
    - Chase lawyer - is divorce finalised or not?? โœ… and it is not ๐Ÿ˜ก
    - 6x report statements โœ…
    - Water! โœ…
    - Eat sensibly - avoid binge/restrict cycle โœ… yes! Came in just under calorie goal
    - Start laundry โŽ
    - Bed by 9:30 โœ…

Saturday goals:
    - morning walk โœ…
    - pay G for baby shower gift โœ…
    - ice cake and write card โœ…
    - laundry โœ…
    - cleaning
    - tan
    - groceries โœ…
    - pack and head to bf
    - dinner out (enjoy but be mindful)
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    I have been learning/practicing mindful eating and it has really hit home with me. The hard part is trying to separate what your body/mind really needs/wants from emotional eating. It requires you to really sit with some hard feelings rather than eating or drinking to numb it or distract myself. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and it's finally hitting home and I'm just getting it. It's so much different than just giving into 'cravings'. Anyway, I highly recommend it (I learned it on noom but I'm sure there is tons of info out there on it). This week noom is having me focus on joyful (mindful) movement so it'll be interesting to see what my body really enjoys doing and wants to do.

Anyway-yesterday:

Friday April 12th-JFT:
    30 minute interval run :) Did it and hit a personal best on sprints!
    12 minute cool down run :/ Ran out of time
    20 minute boot camp class :/ Ran out of time
    Stretch before and after :) Stretched before and after the run!
    Stay within calories :) Did it! And even had wine which is my Friday night unwind time.
    3 vegetable/2 fruit - :/ Had 2 veg/2 fruit-really need to add more veggies!
    Mindful eating at all meals :)<3 Yes and this is really been game changing!

JFT April 13th

30-60 minutes of Mindful Exercise --No idea what that will look like!
    Mindful eating, all meals
    Cook a decadent dessert with my daughter
    Take my son to look at bikes
    Spend quality time with my husband
    3 veg/2 fruit
    Cook dinner at home
    NO BOREDOM EATING/DRINKING

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Morning all. Getting ready to head out to a 6:30 Warrior boot camp class. Kind of sore from running yesterday but determined to go and give it my best. Later today Iโ€™m having a hair straightening treatment that will mean I canโ€™t wear it up or wash it for 36 hours or so which means I will have to take a rest day or two. So Iโ€™d like to get some activity in today while I can. Kids heading off on a four day mini break with their dad. They arenโ€™t thrilled to be going as they donโ€™t like his girlfriend. So Iโ€™m feeling a bit anxious - need to try and stay positive. I really hope they have a good time. Itโ€™s so hard sometimes to know the right thing to do or say in this situation..

Wednesday goals recap:
    - morning run โœ… 10k ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ
    - lunch and painting cafe with friend and godchildren โœ…
    - water!โœ…
    - cash for piano teacher โœ…
    - fold and put away laundry โœ…
    - 3x report statements โœ…
    - bed by 9:30 โŽ nowhere near!

Thursday goals:
    - Warrior class at 6:30am
    - Check girls have packed everything, empty car
    - Walk to hair appt (3.5 miles) at 11:30 (take laptop)
    - 5x report statements
    - Eyebrows and tan after hair appointment
    - Groceries - buy cake ingredients for N party
    - Try not to stress about the girls. Their dad loves them and they will have a good time. Do not succumb to emotional eating
    - Bed by 10

Have a great day everyone! X

Sounds like you have plenty of activities and the right frame of mind to avoid emotional eating. Feel the feelings, don't feed them. You can do it. You're an inspiration!