JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member

JFT 13th April

Log everything yes, although had to guess a bit, using up leftovers from my little freezer
    Stay in the green no. ok until evening when I had a yoghurt and 2 pieces of lovely Scottish shortbread, oops
    Don't go over just because it's the weekend I did go over
    Do something in the garden got some good work done, with help of son. Making it easier to look after
    Laundry Nope, son got to the washing machine first!
    Back exercises yes

Positive thought - just realised that the pound I lost yesterday takes me from obese to overweight on the BMI chart.

JFT 14th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back stretches
    Do the dishes! Another one with a big pile, what happened to clearing up every night?
    Just enjoy Sunday with family, we may take dogs to a little bit of beach

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    wtcfydpbq7a5.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    bcvr9t3mc5so.jpg
  • maryrobinson40
    @Bex953172 Sis grab a pillow and scream into it 3 times
    I'm here Sister 😢 💪💪💝
    Father, my sister Bex needs Your comfort, strength, healing, and a
    restoration in joy. She is overwhelmed Father, lead her, embrace
    her, Help her Father, in JESUS name, Amen🙏
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    @Bex953172 Sis grab a pillow and scream into it 3 times
    I'm here Sister 😢 💪💪💝
    Father, my sister Bex needs Your comfort, strength, healing, and a
    restoration in joy. She is overwhelmed Father, lead her, embrace
    her, Help her Father, in JESUS name, Amen🙏

This made me tear up, thank you Mary x
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Goals for today, Sunday:
    Attend church
    Garden work:--
    plant spinach, pansies
    Start composter
    Practice for one hour
    Stay in the green
    Exercise for 20"
    Walk for 6000 steps.
    Call college roommate
  • AgentAmandaB41419
    AgentAmandaB41419 Posts: 2 Member
    Good morning! Today is day one on MFP (this time). I have never gotten involved in the communities, so giving it a shot this time. Total transparency, I started this journey when I hit 408.5 pounds. I ended up needing surgery for something else, but everybody was afraid to do surgery because of my weight. It was scary and eye-opening. It is definitely time to do something. So this is where I’m starting. Today I will to log everything. I gave up soda about 1 month ago.

Question, I keep seeing that people say they are going to stay in the green. What does that mean?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails; call B about getting together. Call mac store.
    3. Update JFT before leaving for Y by 8:30. BodyPump. Plan & log Sunday food.
    4. WRITE ESSAY. SUBMIT IT.
    5. Groceries. Take recycling. Wash car?
    6. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. WRITE THE DAMN ESSAY.
    3. Visit with in-laws.
    4. Park run: 6 miles.
    5. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:50 AM.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. SO MUCH FAIL. Not giving up. I feel like there's something wrong with me, though. I've had essay stuff on my to-do list but I've kept putting it off and now it's DUE TONIGHT and I'm finally puttering around on it. UGH.

Positive thought: I have people who support me even when I feel like I can't do anything right.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @maryrobinson40 did i miss something? Your niece is missing?! How long for! Is that who is on the tshirts of your family members?

Lovely family pics btw x

@Bex953172
    😢😢😢😢 A dark part of this families life. The young lady in the sunglasses is the
    MISSING PERSON on the T-Shirts. That is all I can share...the case isn't closed

I am so sorry! Hugs to you and your family 😞😞
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    Yesterday went great. I ended up getting a salad while we were out instead of something far worse. I also didnt sneak any food.

My goal just for today
    -track as best as I can (going out of town for a family Easter party)
    -Chew food slowly in order to enjoy my bites more
    -Socialize with at least 2 people and do not isolate myself
    -Make healthy choices if possible

I hope you all have a wonderful day! The birds are singing and the sun is half out today
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited April 2019
    Good morning! Yesterday I went a little over but it was controlled, I decided it's ok to go over on the weekend as long as I stay under maintenance (with the exception of special occasions, then I hope to just be under maintenance for my weekly average). I did not wash the dogs.. Ugh, I really really need to, at least Kya. She's the easy one anyway so I should just get it over with.

Positive thought: Even though I frequently haven't met all the goals I put on my list, I have consistently been working out 3x a week without skipping for over 8 weeks now!

@bookmeister86 You are so right! I need to try that, determine which things I absolutely must do and which things I'd just like to get done at some point. Thank you!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday, and sending extra love and hugs to you today @maryrobinson40

Yesterday 4/13:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😑 stayed within maintenance
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😁 got 8k
    4. Do workout😁
    5. Give Rukia her p.m. pill😞 I totally forgot!! Ugh!
    6. Brush Rukia (she's looking a bit raggedy lol)😞
    7. Bathe both dogs (Kya definitely rolled in something dead yesterday and stinks to all hell!)😞

JFT 4/14:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal (100 over limit for today)
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
    4. Give Rukia her p.m. pill
    5. Wash and put away two loads of laundry
    6. Bathe Kya the stinker
    7. Pay taxes (wahhhh)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hi all, having a bit of a mixed weekend. Was all excited to see the bf and go out for dinner yesterday, but he was in a bad mood and we ended up having a bit of a silly row. This morning I went for a run to try and clear my head but came back to find him feeling ill and so running hunger plus boredom plus eating alone has meant I’ve grazed quite a lot with not many cals left for the rest of the day (nearly 4pm here). Oh well, I won’t worry about it if I’m over today, probably still under for the week so no big deal. Just a bit fed up really! Posting for accountability but, as you see, today’s list is v short. Going to go and walk now and try and earn a few more cals and a bit more peace of mind! X

Saturday goals recap:
    - morning walk ✅
    - pay G for baby shower gift ✅
    - ice cake and write card ✅
    - laundry ✅
    - cleaning ✅
    - tan ✅ yes but a DIY job as ran out of time
    - groceries ✅
    - pack and head to bf ✅
    - dinner out (enjoy but be mindful) ✅ ate a very decent amount but had plenty of exercise cals and even with generous guesstimate was well under

Sunday goals
    - morning run ✅ longest ever run, lovely sunshine!
    - sort things one way or another with bf
    - Walk, hydrate
    - rest
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    @AgentAmandaB41419 Welcome to a great community. I am a newbie also. Staying in the Green is being under your expended calories for the day. Based on the profile you've set up in MFP (current weight, height, age, activity level) it will calculate how many calories you burn in a day, then you log all your food and at the end of the day the number of calories you used will be Green (for under) or Red (for over).
  • lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Had a nice Saturday gardening (this year I have been effected by SAD so being in the sunshine is wonderful). Love the feeling of filling up those garden waste containers! The bad news was I had a second lunch with our daughter and her children at a great Mexican place (one shrimp taco and some beans) and then had a fun date night with my hubby and broke both my rule and new mantra - No wine or snacks after dinner. I was about 400 in the red yesterday. :s
    We consider gardening as cross training and my body sure feels it today.We'll get back out there today.

JST 4/14/19
    Pre-track my day of eating
    Do some self hypnosis (seemed to help for 3 days)
    Read
    Garden and clean the outdoor furniture - almost finished with rain
    Be satisfied with 1600 calories
    No wine or snacks after dinner
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    JFT - Saturday April 13 Determined
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 😒 only over by 40 though!
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 🙂🙂🙂
    5 something at bathroom break - 😒 completely forgot
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 🙂

JFT - Sunday April 14 Determined
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had a great day yesterday. Spent the afternoon with my friend while the kids played at the park and we sat and watched them play for a while.

Had a nice easy supper and then cleaned some more in the craft room after the Grands left.

I avoided my constant snacking last night after Rodger went to bed, this is huge for me! I chewed gum and only had my 1 snack. When I felt like I was going to give in, I went to bed instead. I really need to do this every night.

I received a text from a friend that told me about a job that I am going to send a resume for. I’ll do that today as well as finish the craft room and maybe start a couple of projects for myself.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    Aubyshortcake - I firmly believe in a relaxing day once a week. I grew up knowing that Sunday was for family and relaxing. My Dad worked every other day and most evenings too, but Sunday was for us. I tried to install that in my daughters as well. I think it’s necessary just to be able to handle the next week and is an important part of our mental health which is also part of adulting.

Layfayetteanna- it sounds like your gym has lots to offer. That’s awesome! 400 in the red is at least still maintenance.

Maryrobinson40- what a great looking family. You look so close. I hope your niece is found. Thinking of you today and tomorrow.

Bex953172 - my eldest was talking the other day about her fear of round brushes still from one getting caught when she was young. Hope you got it out easily. Vet bills are one of the reasons I won’t have pets. My fear is I would get one, fall in love and then something happen that I couldn’t afford. Maybe you can get out for a walk by yourself for a bit.

Zizzybumble - sounds like a perfect day.

Hegoddard0928 - I love you you were able to get your new laptop. Good for you. In case I don’t check in later, good luck on your first day tomorrow.

Littleblackskirt - woohoo for overweight and not obese! That is a big!

Agentamandab41419 - welcome. I started participating in this group a year ago and truthfully think it has been instrumental in helping me lose 25lbs. I’ve struggled badly the last few months but still keep coming here. Stay in the green means to stay within your calorie goals for the day. When you log your meals and go over the number turns red. There is no caution yellow either. 😂

Clicketykeys - maybe you need to figure out how to get yourself a rest day from everything. You have been going, going, going for so long that maybe your body and mind are saying stop I can’t take anymore.

Faebert - I hope things settle with your bf. it seems you see each other so rarely and yet have a hard time not having little rows.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Running like a madwoman today (spring market) so making this quick:
    JFT goals for 4/13:

30-60 minutes of Mindful Exercise --No idea what that will look like! 😸
    Mindful eating, all meals😾
    Cook a decadent dessert with my daughter 😾
    Take my son to look at bikes😾
    Spend quality time with my husband😺
    3 veg/2 fruit😺
    Cook dinner at home😸
    NO BOREDOM EATING/DRINKING😾

Not the best day yesterday but today is better!
    3 veg/2 fruit
    30 minutes exercise
    1 hour quiet time for myself
    Cook dinner at home
    Plan week

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Wow! I missed two days and I was more than 100 posts behind! Lol. Guess what I'm typing this post on?!

That's right! My new laptop! Lol. I love this thing so much. I should have upgraded a long time ago. I've spent the last 2 days exploring it and adjusting settings and things. It's been so much fun!

I also got my hair done today! I look NOTHING like I used to and I love that too! Lol. I have a huge break out on my face at the moment so I'll take a picture when I actually have makeup on. Lol. Woman problems!

Matt is still not well. I called the doctor on Friday and asked what to do and he said to get Matt a probiotic, which I did but it doesn't seem to be working yet. Although he has only been taking it for 2 days. So we're still hoping it'll work. He called out from work yesterday and today and probably will tomorrow as well. It just sucks because I have no idea how to help him. Le sigh...

Thursday and Friday were terrible days food wise. Although I did got for my 4-mile walk that I hadn't done all winter so that was nice. But today was a much better day food wise. I didn't do much movement but tomorrow I am bound and determined to go to the gym! I must!

The group that I joined on Twitter has a couple of women who are also in the process of losing weight so we are all going to be each other accountable. We all started Instagrams to showcase our weight loss and things. So we're all really excited to start that.

JFT, 4-14-19

1. Log all food
    2. Go to the gym
    3. Take initial Instagram photo
    4. DISHES
    5. Do what I can for Matt
    6. Finish editing ARW
    7. Fold clothes

Okay, I think I'll leave it at that for tomorrow.

Whats actually wrong with Matt? Whats making him so poorly? X

We don't know. That's part of the problem. He hasn't been able to keep any food in his body for more than half an hour for about 2 weeks now. The doctor put him on antibiotics for Diverticulitis but either they aren't working or they're making him nauseous as well. So the doctor said to take a probiotic which he is doing but that doesn't seem to be working either. He needs to get some tests done so tomorrow morning I have to go to the doctor's office to pick up the test prescriptions and get them done. He hasn't gone in to work all weekend so we are out of a lot of money right now. It's really pretty scary.

Oh god that is qjite scary, the whole not knowing thing!
    I really hope they come back with some answers ASAP!

isnt that costing you ALOT of money? Your healthcare works differently to ours!