New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    So I sort of got the Muscle Up Maple Nut flavored Lil Buff Protein cake primarily because I’ve tried every flavor and didn’t want this to break that streak. I wasn’t expecting it to be THAT good. Most maple flavored things (that I’ve tried) have been pretty subtle.
    Not this. Not at all! MY GOODNESS. It’s perfect! It tastes like someone took buttermilk pancakes and let them soak in a puddle of syrup! I grew up with my brother basically teaching me a normal way to eat pancakes is as a soup with the syrup filling the entire plate, and this took me right back to that. VERY sweet and VERY strong maple flavor that you usually don’t find too often! No weird aftertaste, either! Surprised me big time! Pancake fans will rejoice no doubt!
    10/10 and one of my new favorites
    dyo8u382jidg.jpeg
    NOTE: I also stopped using liquid egg whites out of a carton to make these and started using a regular egg white I separate myself. I’ve noticed it seems to give them a much better texture this way, a lot closer to actual cake for whatever reason!

I may need to place another order! I used the chocolate flavor and topped it with peanut butter once. That was good!

ETA: Welp, just placed an order. Got the bulk bags of lemon (hope I like it, as I couldn't get it in single serve), one single of maple, and a s'mores frosting *drool*

I’ve never tried their frosting before, let us know what you think!!! The serving size and calories deterred me, I feel like for being roughly equivalent to nut butter would just mean it would end up going mostly uneaten since I’m a volume eater and have yet to be satisfied with such small portions :pensive:

But I found non-freezer burnt Slim Twin pints finally! I got the chocolate this time; it’s the new & improved pint, but I’ve never tried the regular non-improved pint to compare it to. Compared to Halo Top and Enlightened, however, it has a much richer chocolate flavor and a closer texture to frozen yogurt. Flavor wise, it really just reminds me of those sugar free Fudgsicle fudge pops (which isn’t a bad thing because I love them, but for the price I’d choose them over Slim Twin). Honestly, for 320 calories a pint, I’m pretty bummed there aren’t chocolate brownie chunks or anything to make it more interesting. Good, but I wouldn’t get again. Definitely not when I could get their lemon cookie flavor instead, which DOES have really good mix ins!
    5vqj3hd2shsz.jpeg

Giant has this & it might be a bit cheaper per pint (forget how close Giant is to you).

I actually live really close to a Giant, I just hardly go there because it's the opposite direction from all the other stores I normally go to! But I went earlier today to check and I didn't see any Slim Twin pints :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    So I sort of got the Muscle Up Maple Nut flavored Lil Buff Protein cake primarily because I’ve tried every flavor and didn’t want this to break that streak. I wasn’t expecting it to be THAT good. Most maple flavored things (that I’ve tried) have been pretty subtle.
    Not this. Not at all! MY GOODNESS. It’s perfect! It tastes like someone took buttermilk pancakes and let them soak in a puddle of syrup! I grew up with my brother basically teaching me a normal way to eat pancakes is as a soup with the syrup filling the entire plate, and this took me right back to that. VERY sweet and VERY strong maple flavor that you usually don’t find too often! No weird aftertaste, either! Surprised me big time! Pancake fans will rejoice no doubt!
    dyo8u382jidg.jpeg
    NOTE: I also stopped using liquid egg whites out of a carton to make these and started using a regular egg white I separate myself. I’ve noticed it seems to give them a much better texture this way, a lot closer to actual cake for whatever reason!

I may need to place another order! I used the chocolate flavor and topped it with peanut butter once. That was good!

ETA: Welp, just placed an order. Got the bulk bags of lemon (hope I like it, as I couldn't get it in single serve), one single of maple, and a s'mores frosting *drool*

I’ve never tried their frosting before, let us know what you think!!! The serving size and calories deterred me, I feel like for being roughly equivalent to nut butter would just mean it would end up going mostly uneaten since I’m a volume eater and have yet to be satisfied with such small portions :pensive:

But I found non-freezer burnt Slim Twin pints finally! I got the chocolate this time; it’s the new & improved pint, but I’ve never tried the regular non-improved pint to compare it to. Compared to Halo Top and Enlightened, however, it has a much richer chocolate flavor and a closer texture to frozen yogurt. Flavor wise, it really just reminds me of those sugar free Fudgsicle fudge pops (which isn’t a bad thing because I love them, but for the price I’d choose them over Slim Twin). Honestly, for 320 calories a pint, I’m pretty bummed there aren’t chocolate brownie chunks or anything to make it more interesting. Good, but I wouldn’t get again. Definitely not when I could get their lemon cookie flavor instead, which DOES have really good mix ins!
    5vqj3hd2shsz.jpeg

Giant has this & it might be a bit cheaper per pint (forget how close Giant is to you).

I actually live really close to a Giant, I just hardly go there because it's the opposite direction from all the other stores I normally go to! But I went earlier today to check and I didn't see any Slim Twin pints :(

That's weird. I thought usually Giants had the same products. Is it a regular Giant or a Giant Eagle? I had found the pints in the organic section.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Some new things from IHOP, that chicken fajita burrito looks amazing... if only it wasn’t so many calories! Would be good to cut in half though for two meals!
    tv5bc4zd1w2t.jpeg
    iv0gsys2nryu.jpeg

Also, for those who live near a Wawa, today is “Wawa Day” so be sure to stop by for your free coffee! I found out AFTER I bought myself a latte from Dunkin’ of course, but knowing me I’ll need another in an hour or two so I’ll be going back!

I cant eat ihop does anyone else get upset stomach and vomiting? Its not just me my sister has experienced the same thing at a different location. I also read some blogs where its happened to others. I sure wish i could eat some of their things.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    dyo8u382jidg.jpeg

5vqj3hd2shsz.jpeg

That's weird. I thought usually Giants had the same products. Is it a regular Giant or a Giant Eagle? I had found the pints in the organic section.

I honestly don’t know how to tell the difference! The sign just says “Giant,” and as far as I know they only have one ice cream section... I’ve never seen more than that and usually I’m pretty good at stalking each aisle o:
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Some new things from IHOP, that chicken fajita burrito looks amazing... if only it wasn’t so many calories! Would be good to cut in half though for two meals!
    tv5bc4zd1w2t.jpeg
    iv0gsys2nryu.jpeg

Also, for those who live near a Wawa, today is “Wawa Day” so be sure to stop by for your free coffee! I found out AFTER I bought myself a latte from Dunkin’ of course, but knowing me I’ll need another in an hour or two so I’ll be going back!

I cant eat ihop does anyone else get upset stomach and vomiting? Its not just me my sister has experienced the same thing at a different location. I also read some blogs where its happened to others. I sure wish i could eat some of their things.

I haven’t had an issue with that thankfully! But that being said, I also go to Taco Bell at least 3-4 times a week and never have issues with needing to run to the bathroom afterwards. My body probably has a super high tolerance to everything I put in it at this point. IHOP, Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A milkshakes, high fiber breakfast cereals, and even most artificial sweeteners like the ones in Halo Top don’t even phase me anymore. o:
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    nic_27_grassisgreener Posts: 193 Member
    Ever since someone posted about the hazelnut m&m's I've been looking everywhere I go. Today I found them at Menards! Only found them in the big sharing size, so it's possible other stores have them, I was looking for single serving.

I was expecting a Nutella type taste, but it tastes much more like Ferrero Rocher. I really like them, but I am sad how few are in a serving haha.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    dyo8u382jidg.jpeg

5vqj3hd2shsz.jpeg

I honestly don’t know how to tell the difference! The sign just says “Giant,” and as far as I know they only have one ice cream section... I’ve never seen more than that and usually I’m pretty good at stalking each aisle o:
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    tv5bc4zd1w2t.jpeg
    iv0gsys2nryu.jpeg

I haven’t had an issue with that thankfully! But that being said, I also go to Taco Bell at least 3-4 times a week and never have issues with needing to run to the bathroom afterwards. My body probably has a super high tolerance to everything I put in it at this point. IHOP, Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A milkshakes, high fiber breakfast cereals, and even most artificial sweeteners like the ones in Halo Top don’t even phase me anymore. o:

Ah then maybe that Giant doesn't have a large organic section or doesn't have ice cream in the organic section like the ones close to me.

Usually the ones here have some of the more expensive dairy free in the organic (lesser in the regular) & the rest in the usual ice cream aisles.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    These are not a new product, but I have never had them before. They are very good! I like the chocolate layer. b7ro9uka5eg6.png

These remind me of high school! ahha
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    6catl9577zgb.png
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    6catl9577zgb.png

Woah, that looks amazing! Imagine that on a hot summer day!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 2019
    I finally tried Archer Farms ice cream today. I dunno what's taken me so long. I think it's because Target is a twenty minute drive away, and I don't often shop there. I picked out the Mini Donut flavor. Initial impression: on first bite, I thought it was very tasty. Pleasant, bakery type cinnamon flavor with crispy bits of crust throughout--which I assume is supposed to simulate a donut? Not really getting that. It's more like plain pie crust, not graham flavored. I actually liked the crunchy bits, but the more I ate it, the more I thought it was kinda bland. Like, not bad by any means. I actually thought it tasted pretty good, and it's one of the most creamy low-calorie ice creams I've tried. I think it just needs an extra punch of cinnamon or something. Something to give it more flavor. And I think a more appropriate name for it would've been cinnamon churro instead (there's nothing donut about this lol). I'll still buy this brand again. Any flavor recommendations?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I finally tried Archer Farms ice cream today. I dunno what's taken me so long. I think it's because Target is a twenty minute drive away, and I don't often shop there. I picked out the Mini Donut flavor. Initial impression: on first bite, I thought it was very tasty. Pleasant, bakery type cinnamon flavor with crispy bits of crust throughout--which I assume is supposed to simulate a donut? Not really getting that. It's more like plain pie crust, not graham flavored. I actually liked the crunchy bits, but the more I ate it, the more I thought it was kinda bland. Like, not bad by any means. I actually thought it tasted pretty good, and it's one of the most creamy low-calorie ice creams I've tried. I think it just needs an extra punch of cinnamon or something. Something to give it more flavor. And I think a more appropriate name for it would've been cinnamon churro instead (there's nothing donut about this lol). I'll still buy this brand again. Any flavor recommendations?

I really, really liked the cookie dough one.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member

the one with bourbon something is my favorite. I can't recall the name right now.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    I just found Talenti layers pint. We had salted caramel truffle. OMG! I cannot be trusted with this ever again. I need to find all the others. I told hubby this was the best thing I've ever had in my life! So good!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    artaudul7kix.jpg
    glassyo wrote: »

I really, really liked the cookie dough one.

I didnt like any of the archer farms
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,812 Member

My favorites are the chocolate pecan pie, love the pie pieces and the mint cookies and cream