The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    :s I drank...

Hope you can forgive yourself & don't beat yourself up <3 It happens.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I figured autocorrect “helped” you out.
  • kelagurl
    kelagurl Posts: 52 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @VeggieGirlforLife wow, sounds just like my situation... especially the racing heart... not fun :/ That’s good to hear it’s not happening anymore.

Oh my gosh @JenT304 ! I am so sorry that you’re going through so much. You’re so strong... Make sure to take some time for yourself... I hope everyone in your life starts to get better soon
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    kelagurl wrote: »
    @VeggieGirlforLife thanks for the warm welcome. I also did the same thing during the holidays... went straight back to drinking.

I’ll be honest, I say my story isn’t interesting, but I feel like I’d want to write a novel.

What made me realize something had to change and wine wasn’t making things better (work stress, I have a high pressure sales job with many events that involve drinking) was this strange development of hypochondria.... I mean, I was having full blown panic attacks thinking I was going to die. Hope I’m explaining this well enough to understand but it was starting to get a bit debilitating at times. Has anyone else experienced this while readily drinking?

Like for example: my heart would flutter the next day, presumably from a rather heavier than normal episode of wine drinking and then I’d think I was having a heart ache... like really believe it and freak out more. It was the strangest thing. Its since subsided... I still have thoughts but they don’t take over like they did before. Anyone else?

Welcome and yes to your question. My heart was not regular before. It would speed up and slow down. I noticed it on the treadmill. It is fine now. I had panic attacks as well. I think it is the anxiety in overdrive.
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    @RubyRed427 <3 No words....Suicide is devastating...my <3 goes out to your friend :'( AND her children especially!!!
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    @JenT304 OM goodness girl!! @kelagurl's advice is spot on...PLEASE do some self care stuff even a hot steaming bath or the like...glad you have a supportive hubby!!! You need some support!! :'(
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427 and @JenT304 hugs and much love.