The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @NormInv I’ll raise a glass (or bowl?) to that!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone a wonderful week! Happy Monday! Last night we had sauce/pasta and always open up a few bottles of wine. I thought about initially and started getting aggravated AND then the light 💡 came on and I thought to myself how great I have been feeling. Deciding not to drink and waiting for “cocktail hour” to have a drink feels great. My desire to have a glass of wine went away quickly and didn’t think about it the rest of dinner, BIG YEAH!

I am being mindful of not drinking and the positives OUTWEIGH the negatives SO much! I don’t stop at one glass of wine. I know I change my eating habits when I am drinking...or should say lack of eating. SO BAD FOR ME. I am taking care of myself, I LOVE HER, ACCEPT HER and will be HER BF. It is much easier, obviously, to have positive talk to myself when I am making the right decisions and not apologizing to myself what I did the night prior.

“Your own thoughts are able to make you down quicker than any enemy. Mindfulness can put a kind of spam filter on your mind.” - Ilene Gregorian

Beautiful post. This inspires me. Self care: I love her, accept her and will be her BF. That is something i will remember. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @JenT304 Wishing you a fun, carefree time in the sunshine!!!! xo
  • errydayimmusclin
    errydayimmusclin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I enjoy youtube videos about self helps. Stumbled upon The Untethered Soul author. What wonderful videos! Search for Oprahs Soul Sundays series. There are 5 min videos. One was about fear. And you need to watch fear pass you by instead of keeping pushing it away. Well, Michael Singer says it betters. This one is about change.... and why people resist it. I am going through a life change right now in my marriage. And I am staying sober despite it which amazes and delights me.

https://youtu.be/_slYICgPsQc

Thank you for this. I have some time to kill today and I was just looking for these type of videos to watch during that downtime. I'll check it out!
    I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but something tells me you've got this! Stay strong, and we're all here for you if you ever feel like caving in.
  • bigmanatee
    bigmanatee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427 keep going! You are doing so well. Very inspirational. Please keep posting!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    RubyRed,I hope everything is OK,is this an ongoing thing or something that started when you went AF? Or is it unrelated? Sorry I'm not trying to be nosy,just want to offer support and wish I could give you a huge hug <3 everyone sounds like they're doing great,I'm doing OK just get a little bored in the evening but that's my own fault cuz I just wanna watch TV,hopefully when the weather warms up I won't be such an evening couch potato :D
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Ycvh4tyvvxlay.png

Proud of everyone as we are closing up the month of Dry January!!! I will speak for myself that I feel like I am facing my issues with alcohol and rising above, by not drinking. I am facing the truth that I know I have an issue of not just enjoying one glass of wine, but rather have three, etc... I am not running anymore and accepting that type of behavior within myself!

All the best to everyone. 🤗 Hugs!!!

Like your article!! ;) thankyou for sharing
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @Fitness327wk I’m really proud of you for identifying how your relationship with alcohol is more of a hinderance and you want to make a change. One drink leads to three.... sounds familiar :D

It sounds like once you have admitted that to yourself, it is an awakening. There’s almost less pressure. A relief.
  • joha5603
    joha5603 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    And FYI to anyone with Federal student loans, or family members with them- income based repayment is an evil trap, don't ever do it!

If you're comfortable, please explain? I am in an IBR repayment plan.