WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,
    Rita – you look great.

Barbara – if you decide to drive you can stay in my guest room on the way down. I’m 45 minutes off of Highway 5.

Karen - those memories of Norte Dame are so much more special now.

What a sad day!

Kim from N. California
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Rita, wow. Doesn't it just make you feel good???? You go girlfriend!!

I too cried reading the first news bulletins to my husband regarding Notre Dame. It breaks my heart.

Thank you all for your sweet comments on my granddaughter's picture.

Love you my friends <3
    Janetr OKC
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    📙Accountability post for Monday, April 15th
    ✔️1. Carbs 50g max with no more than 25g per meal. (33g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 25g. (27g)
    ✔️3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✔️4. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (36 Active minutes).
    ✖️5. No eating after 9pm.
    ✖️6. In bed by midnight.

• Overall Feeling: Frustrated. Overwhelmed. Distracted. Breathe...
    • Exercise: I only had 11 minutes at 11:25pm as i sat on the sofa. So I switched over to YouTube Leslie Sansone and got busy.
    • Eating deadline. I didn’t really look up until 9:30pm then realized i haven’t eaten supper. Haven’t eaten much today. Too distracted with other things.
    • Bedtime-Sleep Hygiene. Late tonight getting my bath and getting to bed. But I’m tired.
    • Bright Spot today: The scales moved down again instead of up. Haven’t been to this low since Dec. 6th. The yo-yo went “YO”.
    • Today I’m grateful for:
    1. A good night of sleep Sunday night.
    2. Dan was able to repair the leaking drain pipe under the kitchen sink quickly today.
    3. Choc Zero chocolate - sweetened with monk fruit and high in fiber- even if the fiber turned out to be soluable corn fiber and I’m not sure how i feel about corn fiber. But, I’ve limited my daily intake to one serving a day. And - they’re individually wrapped servings. I keep these in the kitchen safe for my own good. I get out one serving and spin the dial to lock it down for another 24 hours. Nice treat.
    4. Being able to file an extension for Dad’s Tax Return. He doesn’t owe any taxes but I decided to file it anyway - for official record of his income. Probably didn’t need to file an extension but after my morning - I felt relief just parking it officially.
    5. For the safety of the statues of the 12 Apostles and the relic “crown of thorns” from the fire of Notre Dame Cathedral. Though sad about so much more destroyed or damaged.

-- Ginger in Texas
    jos5e2pwk7hg.jpeg
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning friends, Rita you are an inspiration, you look so happy and healthy! <3

Embracing the day, and my second cup of coffee.

NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    So sad to see Notre Dame burning, I love beautiful buildings and history :(:(

DH finally had hearing check, of course he needs aids, after complaining about me mumbling for years. Now has to decide on which aids to have and wether to go with NHS or private. Suppose this will take an age to sort as he never rushes and nagging doesn't help LOL

Welcome any new ladies

Kate UK <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Karen thank you for sharing your pictures!

Katla so sorry about your neighbor.

Beadowl
    thank you for your feedback. Still finding the right lawyer. Trying to find out what is happening to son now is another nightmare. All we know is he did make it to the hospital for an evaluation. They may have sent him to another hospital but because of Hippa laws were are told nothing.

Allie [/b hope your complaint is handled well. I will say if you can get patients to write a complaint it will get more notice. I know this from years of teaching. The complaints from parents were handled much effectively than from a teacher on staff.

:heart: Margaret
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    What I worked on today at painting class.
    For you Notre Dame...
    rnjd9vfy6tof.jpg

The background is more of a sky blue than shown in the photo

This is beautiful, Margaret!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I need your help.

I have a large ceramic turtle that I'll be doing eventually. However, in the meantime, he has a large stomach. Everything I've seen is that people write the family name on his stomach or the word "welcome". I honestly don't want either. But what it says needs to be something short (like one or two words).

I've googled trying to come up with words, but all I can find are things that are many more words.

Does anyone have anything they can think of that I can write on his stomach. I need to get a template ready and that'll take a while.

Then again, it's not like I don't have a lot to work on. Right now I'm working on the Peanuts characters. I'm doing PigPen right now. I have Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Snoopy (natch), Sally. Plus I have 5 of the 7 dwarfs to work on. So I have enough to keep me busy for a while. But I'd still like to have an idea of something to write on his stomach.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    Very sad about Notre Dame.

I've never been inside, but have seen it from the outside a few times ...

8226424198_057c45a420_b.jpg

Machka in Oz

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,755 Member
    Options
    Good Morning again ladies~
    Michelle I have told him but dont think he understands.. will be going again at lunch to feed him, breakfast not so well..
    got a call from my boss at 7 am which is unusal he asked if I could work thursday and told him yes if he needed me.. I think Michael will be walked out tonight at closing time.. I think my complaint was nail in the coffin.. oh there is quite a long list of patients that have complained so Dr Pandey was just collecting evidence..
    I hope he has another Office Manager to step in..I just got back from taking Homer to vet for bloodwork... 175.00 later .. Tom will pay the bill ,he just doesn't want anything to go wrong while he is away... He might not have been a great husband but he is a wonderful pet parent ..
    going to finish my tea and start hoeing out my closet , I have stuff everywhere...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    So nice to come home to a clean house. :)

Our new housecleaning team did their thing today!!

Meanwhile my endeavour to reduce the number of emails in my Inbox at work is going well. (not) I've gone from 25 emails on Friday evening to 50 emails on Monday evening and 75 emails this evening when I left work. In fact I dealt with one or two as soon as I got to the university in a vague attempt to chip away at it.

Machka in Oz