WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,931 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Ladies, I need your help.

I have a large ceramic turtle that I'll be doing eventually. However, in the meantime, he has a large stomach. Everything I've seen is that people write the family name on his stomach or the word "welcome". I honestly don't want either. But what it says needs to be something short (like one or two words).

I've googled trying to come up with words, but all I can find are things that are many more words.

Does anyone have anything they can think of that I can write on his stomach. I need to get a template ready and that'll take a while.

Then again, it's not like I don't have a lot to work on. Right now I'm working on the Peanuts characters. I'm doing PigPen right now. I have Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Snoopy (natch), Sally. Plus I have 5 of the 7 dwarfs to work on. So I have enough to keep me busy for a while. But I'd still like to have an idea of something to write on his stomach.

Michele in NC

Here you go ... 120 Two Word Quotes. :)

https://www.laughteronlineuniversity.com/two-word-quotes/

Or one that's not on that list (unless I missed it): Kindness Matters. :)

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Hi all, sad about Notre Dame, but hope a lot of important stuff can be saved. The people doing the shoring up have a difficult job! As most of you know, I am a Francophile, and one of my favourite places in all the world is the view of it from the café on the opposite bank of the Seine. I want some of my ashes to be sprinkled near there, from the little footbridge.

Today we went into town on the bus to buy DH his very first smartphone. :o He is still on clockwork. Unfortunately the shop for his network did not have the right one in stock and the guru guy was on holiday, so he has ordered one from Amazon and will ring up to make an appointment to get it all set up with his old number etc. He has a steep learning curve ahead! He really wants it so he can follow sport results when he is out and about and for the maps. He rarely talks on the phone.
    After paying in a royalties cheque for an old children's book we went to Marks and Spencer to buy easy food for tonight. I actually saw some trousers (pants) that I liked! I tried them on and bought them. Then I saw a great cardigan that will look great with the pants, so I bought that too! Hooray!
    We saw there was 20% off homeware, so we looked for champagne glasses. We have loads already, but they are all too small for when it is just us. Found some we liked. At the till, instead of ringing up 20 percent off, it rang up 90 percent off! She tried twice, then called the supervisor. Yes, he said, there are some odd items like that. So we got £29.50 glasses for £2.84. !!!!!! DH thinks they must be closing the home department in that store as it is tiny. Anyway, bargain! !

At home I made the whole orange and almond cake for our guests next week. Now relaxing. Swing dance tonight. My cold is still horrible and I hardly slept. Sinus ache now. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    Barbie " pets bring us so many opportunities for spiritual growth" Truth! Will remember and smile next time cleaning up an accident :)
    Karen stunning pics and so very sad. Reminder to make the most of every opportunity.
    Kim thank you for your generous offer! Would love to see your yard ;)
    Ginger "kitchen safe" what a brilliant idea!
    Lisa could the wobbliness just be your emotional stability muscles learning to adjust to the new not-pushing-against-anything normal? Sometimes losing a negative is still a loss.
    allie :heart: and hugs for you and Homer.
    Machka thank you SOOO Much for the "Machka in the morning" pics. Brought bellylaughs! Could as well have been "Barbara before her second cup of tea". Envy you and Heather your housecleaners.
    Michele what is it that you want to say to people who see your turtle? Tell us the story and bet one of the writing ladies here can come up with the word or short phrase.
    Heather WOW what a successful shopping day, (slacks, sweater, flutes). Don't you just love English?
    Carol we'll be in both your and your caregivers' pockets. Healing prayers. Yuor DH has done all he could. Glad he's willing to step back from the BnL situation. Neither your DH nor you need the stress.
    Kay "slow down" is so apt for on Michele's turtle ;) Hip Hip Hooray for your husband!
    Welcome beadowl, let us know what you'd like to be called and your general locale.
    Welcome Beverly from NY and congrats on your amazing success the past year.

pip, Michele, Heather, Machka, Mary in AZ, KJ, Barbie and others I've been meaning for a long time to salute your activity levels. Now add to that Sharon, b4leaving and Beverly in NY and others who've found ways to exercise despite mobility challenges, you are motivating me to get up and MOVE! Raining too much to weed, Virgo moon, time to go through those bookshelves, purge and dust. Thank you all!

Ditto missing Joyce and Meg. Anyone heard from Leonora? Wishing them all well.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 10/30, 60 g protein 13/30, rx/vits 12.5/30, meditate 4/30, knee exercises 4/30, SWSY 0/30, play with Tumble 9/30, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 8/30.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    04/15 LT: well pet appointments-Y MT: weed and prep ground for potatoes, transplants-Nope, still raining ST: History pub and Way of the Cross-Y
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Dr Katie ~ The floors are handsome and that rug will really bring out your room! :)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Carol healing thoughts are speeding your way <3<3 As challenging as it is to let go, your DH now must let go, sad but true. Both DH and I on both sides have had to learn that sad lesson about familly members that refuse assistance.

The sun is shining, but there is still a nip in the air. I will get to the gym today then another evening concert.

NYKAREN
  • lisa196922
    lisa196922 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Struggling staying on task today. It’s warming up outside might try to get out and run later on.

Hope everyone is having a good afternoon.

Lisa in Ohio
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Ladies, I need your help.

I have a large ceramic turtle that I'll be doing eventually. However, in the meantime, he has a large stomach. Everything I've seen is that people write the family name on his stomach or the word "welcome". I honestly don't want either. But what it says needs to be something short (like one or two words).

I've googled trying to come up with words, but all I can find are things that are many more words.

Does anyone have anything they can think of that I can write on his stomach.

Michele in NC

Pool Time!! Pool’s Open! Dive In! Jump In!

Okie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Allie – sometimes they not understanding something is a blessing. It would only serve to hurt if he understood, and who is being hurt?

M - thanks for those quotes. I was originally thinking of something to do with a turtle (hare beware?), but why not have something else?

Carol – good luck. I’ll be thinking of you

Dr. Katie – I like the “slow down”. Turtles are slow.

Barbara – I really don’t have anything particular in mind about the turtle. I’d like something funny having to do with a turtle, but I’m open to anything else. I think Katie’s suggestion of “slow down” is good. Turtles are slow and so many times we’re rushed.

Off to ACMoore to get a frame for the diamond dotz pic I made Jess for Christmas. I want to get the pic put away before she comes home. After she leaves I’ll start on Denise & Pete’s. Then we’ll go to Office Max since they have this thing where you can get up to 5lb shredded for free. We have old stuff from Newcomers that should be shredded (like cancelled checks). Vince also wants to stop at the Hallmark store.

Before the Green Room stopped at CVS since I can get Cheerios on sale, plus I have coupons only they didn't have any. They told me they were getting a truck tomorrow so I'll stop there on the way to the Green Room Thurs. Or else I'll stop at the CVS before the water class tomorrow. Then volunteered at the Green Room, then WalMart to pick up a few things but I really needed gas.

Michele in NC
  • bevtay01
    bevtay01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For the belly of the turtle, I like "cherish today" which was on the list and means sooo much! My granny used to say that "tomorrow isn't a Promisted day" which is so true so we should all Cherish Today!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,061 Member
    Options
    Michele looked up Native American symbolism signifies good health and long life.

I too like including word Slow. Slow and steady...
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Rori--Thanks for the update on Meg. Please let her know we miss her and keeping her in prayer.

Rita--You are looking fantastic!!

Welcome Beverly--This is a great place for freindship and support. Come often.

Carol--Keeping you in prayer that all goes well with your surgery. Sorry to hear DBIL is making things so hard. Maybe the state stepping in is best, that way he can not blame you or DH about anything money wise.

Well at weigh in this morning I am up acouple pounds and not surprised. I keep gaining and losing the same couple pounds. With this warmer weather I want to get out and walk more. Also yesterday I cleaned out my rock garden from the winter and can feel it today. But it looks so much better and ready for mulch to be put down.
    Blessings, Vicki gI NE <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,061 Member
    Options
    Just learned I have no legal recourse to pursue a law suit. I now will start considering going to the press. Will get thoughts together before I do so.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Drove to the airport ok and dropped off son last night. He's going to be in San Diego for about a week prepping helicopters. Its 80' down there, so jealous. Told him I would finish packing his Legos, and throw them in boxes. He about stopped breathing, haahaa!
    Haven't packed much here, cuz we're just going to pack the car and drive back and forth. It seems pointless to pack into boxes only to take out again in a sec. Maybe pack the car, and have one box as transport. It will definitely be one of our most unusual moves.
    Rita hubba hubba! You look mauvalous!!!! I am amazed, but I think aliens have switched your body! Naah, just kidding. You have put in a lot of work. Proud of you!

💖Rebecca
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Carol ... Praying you have a successful surgery and your recovery will be quick and complete!

Barbara ... sorry your pup is having so many difficulties.

Kay ... the rug choice is a good one!

Rita ... you look wonderful!

Have hit a plateau in the weight loss. I'm an impatient person but will press on. Helps that my clothes are fitting better.

Beth near Buffalo