WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Mavis: You seem to be making good choices and getting back on track. WTG!!! :flowerforyou:

Megamom: When I go to the gym part of my routine is the stationary bikes. The ones I use have a chair style seat and ae easy to use. It is an excellent way to burn calories and get the heart beating. I also take a yoga class. I do this two or three times a week. Lately it has been 2 times due to other obligations. :star:

DH seems to be doing much better since his colonoscopy. He is eating things that are good for him and has a strategy to deal with digestive problems that seems to be working well. YAY!!!.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Just brought down a hot fudge Sundae for my DFIL he ate that and promptly fell.asleep..hope he wakes up for lunch..
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,811 Member
    Options
    Margaret - I’m glad you got out to the Art in Bloom, thank you for sharing the pictures. It looked beautiful.

Heather - Lisa is tight the grandchildren carry every bug going. I found this year though, this is Jonah’s third year in school, Rodger and I must have built our immunity up some as we haven’t caught anything except the one I brought home from somewhere.

Karen in VA and Allie - I think it’s great when exes can get along and not hate and fight for the rest of their lives. My daughters friend’s parents divorced when he was not quite 2, they used to take a camping trip with all of them and new spouses together every summer so Mat could share experiences with both parents at the same time.

Kelly - what a great day Friday will be. Children love showing off their day to visitors.

I had a pretty relaxing day yesterday visiting with a friend but since our day included children we did get some activity in as well.

I worked in the craft room for an hour or so last night and am heading there shortly to finish it up. It is supposed to rain today, but I’m hoping it holds off and I can get a walk in later.

Rori - I tried your gum trick last night and was successful in avoiding snacking. I think I need to find something to do with my hands as well.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Working on trying to find the right resources to advocate for son and press on with A Civil Law Suit for violation of his Civil Rights. I did find out I can do this in his behalf. He will not be well enough for a long time if ever to purse this.I still not saying I will just gathering what I need.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Now sneezing to beat the band! Guess that's the answer to my feeling rubbish yesterday. As my York friend also has it I guess we caught it from a mutual source up there.

Had delicious Chinese fish bake. Yum!

Trying to organise a get together with my Portsmouth /York friend over Easter. My son is being a bit useless over date for the steam train outing. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday. Not sure what is going on as my eating yesterday and today is terrible. Seems I can't get enough. I have to get this figured out soon. Weather is warming up again so hoping I can get out and walk.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day- 427c
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :) I invited my walking friend over for lunch to try my new Thai peanut sauce with chicken. We all liked it a lot.
    Before lunch we watched the end of the Augusta golf championship.

:)Shannon, congrats on your NSV and on your focus on competing with yourself and not with others.

:)Melissa, one important rule in life is to never compare your weight loss journey with that of a man. One thing I did to make my calories count better for me was to focus on nutrition dense food and leave out foods with high calories and low nutrition (salad dressing, condiments, gravy, for example). It may take awhile to find the right food plan. The DASH diet is a great choice and very healthy.

:)Paouline, I get a lot of motivation by reading this thread every day and sometimes several times a day.

2559661yoxeq9fisc.gif Barbie in beautiful NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Meg? I may have missed an update.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Sitting in hotel room tonight. Have a conference for work the next two days. After spending the weekend with college friends, got to sit and visit with some work colleagues from different counties I hadn't seen in a while. Must be my time to catch up with people!

Staying under the calorie count. While I try to eat the exercise calories, don't always get all of them in, but I am eating balanced diet and am not hungry so I am not going to force it. Of course, the snacks they put out at the conference will be a challenge. I did pack some snacks for myself, so I think I will be ok.

Off to bed--want to get up early and use fitness facilities since tomorrow will involve a lot of sitting.