Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• oatzilla
    oatzilla Posts: 13 Member
    I'm pretty sure I run slower now than I did when I started working out in January... I can lift a lot more though. Still frustrating.

Since I joined MFP I've realized that if I eat the recommended level of protein and cut down on fat I feel AMAZING. Yet I still went after the greasy meat egg and cheese breakfast sandwich AND... AND I tell you! a blueberry cheese croissant for breakfast. I didn't feel bad until I saw how much it threw me off my macros.

Tomorrow I will be better.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    csamuelscs wrote: »
    I'm a food zombie and a closet food hoarder. Food zombie = eat and don't even realize what I have done. Don't even need to be hungry. Closet food hoarder = think that one is self explanatory. I pick up crap when I'm at the store or gas station and then hide it to eat in private when my husband and sons aren't around. BUT.... that was last week. I just started on here so hopefully I'll learn how to NOT do that anymore. Learning new behavior is tough!!!!

I have multiple bags of Cadbury mini-eggs stashed in my underwear drawer, currently.
  • melissafeagins
    melissafeagins Posts: 1,421 Member
    oatzilla wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I run slower now than I did when I started working out in January... I can lift a lot more though. Still frustrating.

Since I joined MFP I've realized that if I eat the recommended level of protein and cut down on fat I feel AMAZING. Yet I still went after the greasy meat egg and cheese breakfast sandwich AND... AND I tell you! a blueberry cheese croissant for breakfast. I didn't feel bad until I saw how much it threw me off my macros.

Today, you will make better food choices. You are not worse because of one day of fat filled foods. You feel better physically when you eat less of them.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    oatzilla wrote: »

That's all you can do! Try to improve every day. And if you have a bad day calories or macro wise to just resume your plan the next day. Great attitude!

Yesterday, I MADE IT UNDER GOAL!!!! It was tough. I felt like there were temptations all around. Heck, I even finished off the day with a double bacon cheeseburger (there's one for 400 calories at BK! :open_mouth: )

Those dang cinnamon rolls got me though. I woke up hungry. Talked myself out of that crossantwich I was craving on the way to work, and there were left over cinnamon rolls. Is it just me or does "forbidden food" taste better? :lol:
    I think I'll be able to make it fit my day though. Make lunch low carb high protien, and the same with dinner, I should be good. But no more treats for me for the rest of the day.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I'm a food zombie and a closet food hoarder. Food zombie = eat and don't even realize what I have done. Don't even need to be hungry. Closet food hoarder = think that one is self explanatory. I pick up crap when I'm at the store or gas station and then hide it to eat in private when my husband and sons aren't around. BUT.... that was last week. I just started on here so hopefully I'll learn how to NOT do that anymore. Learning new behavior is tough!!!!

You are not the only one! I'm having to become ever sneakier now the children are mobile and into everything. I guess I should just give it up, but I already don't drink alcohol or coffee and the baby won't let me sleep. Mama needs her chocolate!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member

I have multiple bags of Cadbury mini-eggs stashed in my underwear drawer, currently.

Darn Easter candy. On Monday I'll have to keep telling myself not to buy the 50% off candy once I walk into Walmart. If I buy anything I might look into buying some of the Russell Stover Easter bunnies, but most of the regular candy I can get year round I'll pass up (I still have a package of the Reese's Eggs in my fridge).

Tonight I was hungry & weighed out a Russell Stover Caramel Easter Bunny (supposed to be 3 servings, but was a little over 4). It mostly fit in yesterday's overall calories & some of the rest I just put in for next week. I just hate how far off the weight of a food item can be when you weigh it out compared to what it should be on the package.
  • melissafeagins
    spamarie wrote: »

You are not the only one! I'm having to become ever sneakier now the children are mobile and into everything. I guess I should just give it up, but I already don't drink alcohol or coffee and the baby won't let me sleep. Mama needs her chocolate!!

Mama does need her chocolate. And in my experience, deprivation leads to huge failures. I need to be enjoy my food in order to actually lose weight.
  • melissafeagins
    This has been a very long week. The best thing about it was that I finally got my nails done again. I love them (pic is on my feed, if you want to see) and I love my nail girl. She stayed past closing for me and did nail art to complement the embroidery on my Easter dress. (photo also on my feed)

In other news, I gave up and signed up for stitch fix. Our dress code is so strict at work that I need help. I have lots of just barely too short tunic tops and/or sweaters that I can wear to work, if I can find dress pants to wear with them. However, every time I go shopping for dress pants they are either too skinny or too loose. I have successfully bought one pair that fits in the last year. It wasn't a big deal under my last manager because she didn't pay that much attention, but my new boss does. She told me today that I can't wear a dress that touches my knees because the sides are scalloped and the scallops are too far above my knees. I don't think they are, but I don't want to fight with her over it. Fingers crossed for my stylist to nail down some things I can actually wear.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    With my almonds/peanuts I've been eating for the fat to keep me satiated longer I've been either placing them in a small cup or a smaller bowl & it really has helped with thinking I get to eat a lot rather than barely having a serving.
  • melissafeagins
    Happy Easter, friends!!!
  • spamarie
    With my almonds/peanuts I've been eating for the fat to keep me satiated longer I've been either placing them in a small cup or a smaller bowl & it really has helped with thinking I get to eat a lot rather than barely having a serving.

When I eat almonds I put them in the tiniest Tupperware I have (I think it's meant for salad dressing) just because I can't accidentally eat 3oz and it half empty boxes of one serving are SAD.
  • spamarie
    It is ridiculously warm for an Easter weekend in the UK! We're talking barbecue weather and no playing outside without a hat and suncream! It was lovely but I'm a bit paranoid we're going to have a major drought this summer, it's been so dry all winter and spring.
  • melissafeagins
    It is ridiculously warm for an Easter weekend in the UK! We're talking barbecue weather and no playing outside without a hat and suncream! It was lovely but I'm a bit paranoid we're going to have a major drought this summer, it's been so dry all winter and spring.

Heh... I am afraid of flooding if we don't get a dry week and I came home from chur h iand put on my jeans and a heavy sweater. It's currently 58F here in my mountains.
  • melissafeagins

When I eat almonds I put them in the tiniest Tupperware I have (I think it's meant for salad dressing) just because I can't accidentally eat 3oz and it half empty boxes of one serving are SAD.

I dump the 100 calorie pouch on a napkin so it spreads out and looks like more food. Funny how our brains work differently, isn't it.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Our Saturday before Easter was lovely. 75F no wind, absolutely beautiful. Easter Sunday: 45F misting all day long. We need the moisture, but it's a bummer it wasn't the other way around. Next time it's this cold on Easter, I'm putting handwarmers instead of candy and dollars in the plastic Easter eggs. :lol: I could imagine my family fighting over who has the most handwarmer eggs.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    I need to take Kelly's advice about the nuts. If I don't measure out the serving, I will eat three times what I should.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Our Saturday before Easter was lovely. 75F no wind, absolutely beautiful. Easter Sunday: 45F misting all day long. We need the moisture, but it's a bummer it wasn't the other way around. Next time it's this cold on Easter, I'm putting handwarmers instead of candy and dollars in the plastic Easter eggs. :lol: I could imagine my family fighting over who has the most handwarmer eggs.

My sister & I hid one of the plastic Easter eggs in the pooper scooper :D.
  • Crafty_camper123

Lol! Did it have a good prize inside?
  • melissafeagins

That verges on evil...