40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Did a beastly round of chest/back yesterday evening!
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    11Templars wrote: »
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    IronSky319 wrote: »
    Went back to weight lifting last week after a really long hiatus and some unwanted weight gain. I’m sore and feeling every bit of my 44 years this week

Started doing dead lifts last week, which I had never done before. Hamstrings were sore for a few days, but quickly went away. Next time I did them there was no soreness, even after bumping the weight up.

Dead Lifts are an amazing overall body exercise. Literally work just about every part of your body! I do them 2x a week on my Leg days.

Just start off light, and make sure to keep your spine in a neutral position. ie, don't stare at the floor, keep that back straight. Personally, I think it 's better to lift 2lbs every day, then to push yourself to 10lbs too soon, and end up hurting yourself and missing 3 days of lifting.

That being said! You're all doing awesome!! Keep at it!

Here's a side / by side of me at around 42-44, then again about a week or so ago @50.

zt26gi08qbfd.jpg

Man this is fantastic progress!

Thanks Brother... Definitely some hard work, but, consistency is the real key.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    gave up my run to attend a one hour"core confidence' class that was marked as "intermediate Medium Impact Class". Well! It was an hour of lecture and practicing our breathing to strengthen our pelvic muscles. Ugh! What a waste of my workout time! :angry:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    Good grief, sdereski....I feel ya! Of course, I would have left because exercise time is SO VERY PRECIOUS!

djproulx - I am glad you have some time.

I am changing up my workouts (again!). I think I was doing too much cardio over the winter and my appetite totally increased and I basically ate TOO MUCH FOOD. So, back to lifting heavy 3 x per week and only 1 x cardio per week.

Less hunger. Less food. Trim down. Yay!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Beastly bi/tri/forearm plus glute weights - yay me!
  • trunkmonkey1977
    trunkmonkey1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love being 41 and more fit than the kids. Yeah my joints hurt but i can still out run and burpee alot of these young bucks.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I love being 41 and more fit than the kids. Yeah my joints hurt but i can still out run and burpee alot of these young bucks.

They are often shocked when that happens. ;)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    5 1/2 miles, including laps through the graveyard...in the dark! LOL!
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 15! 60#!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    22 minute hard corps cold start & Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 16! 60#! Runs outside.
    Still gotta go slower on bear complex so I don’t throw myself off balance.
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »

That'll keep your speed up though.. Running in the Dark Graveyard!.. haha
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »

That'll keep your speed up though.. Running in the Dark Graveyard!.. haha
    worst that's happened so far, was the time I ran up on a black cat...that turned out to be a skunk! RAN LIKE HELL!! (me, not the skunk) :D

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 17! 60#! & Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    edited April 2019
    Options
    22 minute hard corps cold start & Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 18! 60/38. 187 reps. A few less...with heavier bag and little quicker time. Static holds are feeling stronger. Maybe my baby hands and skinny wrists are toughening up.
    Gonna slow this next week down a bit. Next Saturday is my first Spartan of the season...and it’s a BEAST! 😳
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "3-Day Refresh Yoga Day 1: Chill Flow"=Done! i fell over in chair twist, both sides...so I'm even. :p
  • beckypierce1
    beckypierce1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Out for a trot. Was going for 3-5...ended up with 8+!!! Yes, laps through the graveyard again. Safest place to be.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "3-Day Refresh Yoga Day 2: Restore & Stretch"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    I am a bit sore, today. I am “on-track” with my exercise regimen (more heavy weights, less cardio) and I am getting better at cutting back food portions. I weigh tomorrow and we shall see how week 1 went!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "3-Day Refresh Yoga Day 3: Deep Focus"=Done!