Yup. Hit Scream Weight.

Replies

• staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    edited April 2019
    savithny wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    It I hit 150 I'd also scream, but my scream would be from happiness. That's my current goal weight. I'm 5'8". I didn't realize how fat that is still considered.

There's height to consider. IIRC, OP is less tall than you.

You'd be surprised how few people take that into consideration.

In high school I weighed the same as my best friend. I was 5'10" and she was 5'1". So at 150, I was at a good and healthy weight, and she was significantly overweight. But somehow in the "fat talk" among friends, everyone talked about *me* like I was just as fat, because I weighed SO MUCH and wore a size 13, which was apparently "so huge."

What I wouldn't give to be back at my "OMG, you're so FAT" 150 pounds....

Its ridiculous that anyone would declare you fat when you clearly weren't.... hoping you realised that back then and didn't listen to such rubbish .... I would have thought it would be common sense to realise that 150lb looks different on everyone.

Nope: I was a teenager, I was "bigger" than any of my friends, and I bought it hook, line, and sinker.
    This is one reason I get ticked off at the whole "well, if we tell people they're fat, we're helping them" argument. Because it doesn't.

(Seriously: "Plus size" started at size 12/13 back then. I almost had to get a prom dress from the Mother of the Bride section because no prom dresses went above a 12 and I was up to a 13/14 - at a perfect weight and "normal" BMI. "not being able to find nice clothes" was also not "inspriational."

This was me too! I am just under 6 ft and I was naturally about 135 lbs in high school, but because I was taller I wore bigger sizes than my also slender friends who were much shorter. I felt ginormous in comparison and it led to an eating disorder (my lowest was 107, which at 6 ft was scary).

I'm 152-154 now which I feel good at. Lots more muscle now too-even a hint of abs! Yet clothes shopping is still annoying. I was the largest size jeans they offered in H&M (16), which is just ridiculous. Their sizing is so weird. Can't imagine how frustrating that must be for people bigger than me.

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    It I hit 150 I'd also scream, but my scream would be from happiness. That's my current goal weight. I'm 5'8". I didn't realize how fat that is still considered.

In high school I weighed the same as my best friend. I was 5'10" and she was 5'1". So at 150, I was at a good and healthy weight, and she was significantly overweight. But somehow in the "fat talk" among friends, everyone talked about *me* like I was just as fat, because I weighed SO MUCH and wore a size 13, which was apparently "so huge."

Its ridiculous that anyone would declare you fat when you clearly weren't.... hoping you realised that back then and didn't listen to such rubbish .... I would have thought it would be common sense to realise that 150lb looks different on everyone.

Nope: I was a teenager, I was "bigger" than any of my friends, and I bought it hook, line, and sinker.
    This is one reason I get ticked off at the whole "well, if we tell people they're fat, we're helping them" argument. Because it doesn't.

(Seriously: "Plus size" started at size 12/13 back then. I almost had to get a prom dress from the Mother of the Bride section because no prom dresses went above a 12 and I was up to a 13/14 - at a perfect weight and "normal" BMI. "not being able to find nice clothes" was also not "inspriational."

This was me too! I am just under 6 ft and I was naturally about 135 lbs in high school, but because I was taller I wore bigger sizes than my also slender friends who were much shorter. I felt ginormous in comparison and it led to an eating disorder (my lowest was 107, which at 6 ft was scary).

I'm 152-154 now which I feel good at. Lots more muscle now too-even a hint of abs! Yet clothes shopping is still annoying. I was the largest size jeans they offered in H&M (16), which is just ridiculous. Their sizing is so weird. Can't imagine how frustrating that must be for people bigger than me.

@staticsplit
    I remember losing 70lbs (5’9” 150-155lbs) in the past & being so bummed out I couldn’t find pants in regular stores. I, for one, am thrilled with vanity sizing now :)
  • JenHol79
    JenHol79 Posts: 90 Member
    About the same as me sounds like last Aug I was down to 127. Id worked hard to get down to that. Then I fell off and got to 145 in no time. Im trying hard to get back into a routine. I’ll be 40 next month too. Im so mad at myself for slipping. Stay focused! Ive got some pants I keep looking at...I want back in them! Good luck!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Cheers @JennyHolman 127 is my favorite number!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    This is the first time I gained some weight back since loosing it, I do hope it'll be the last. I was maintaining for almost a year & it wasn't hard since i ate 1750 cal/day but now mfp says i need to eat 1220 in order to lose 1 lb/wk so I'm back at it
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member

@staticsplit
    I remember losing 70lbs (5’9” 150-155lbs) in the past & being so bummed out I couldn’t find pants in regular stores. I, for one, am thrilled with vanity sizing now :)

I went to H&M yesterday and they didn't have any size 14s or 16s in store hardly (UK sizes), and none in the style I actually wanted. I rifled through them all getting progressively more enraged. Considering they also run mega small, it's just so ridiculous that most people shopping at the store probably can't fit into any of the trousers?! I ended up going to New Look and finding some immediately (and I was a 12 there).
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    @nowine4me yup!! Fell off the wagon again yesterday - back to three binge days in a row now. Arrgh!! Off for a serious chat with myself.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    If it makes anyone feel better, I lost a couple lbs. Then got attacked by TOM, gained it back (water), and it won't leave! :unamused: Doing ALL the "supposed to"s and frickin' hungry over here and the scale is still being the turdiest turd! :cry: Frustration is too mild a word! Just got to wait it out. Bleh.