What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    That when your leggings get looser than you realized, your iPhone will fall out of the back pocket into the toilet. 😭😭😭

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Re:I wanted to wait until I was done losing weight and had maintained for at least 6 months. I don't want to have to have it resized repeatedly, it's already been resized once (to make it bigger). The metal can only be manipulated so much. [/quote]

Time for a "decoy" ring. Meaning a lower sentemental or costume piece, that looks nice. Time to go to the safety deposit box :) Unless you don't mind losing it.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    The fat seems to re-distribute. At least it did for me. When I lost my 20lbs of weight, my butt was much smaller, stomach still poochy, and boobs totally deflated. Several months later of maintenance, my boobs have filled back in a bit, and my stomach seems less poochy. So there's hope that all the wierd places you're* losing will balance out.

*You as a general audience. Not any one person in particular.

Unfortunately, I've had the opposite reaction. I lost the first 35lbs (of 42lbs) rather quickly, over 6 months. I retained my boobs.

Lost 7lbs over the next 6 months, lost my boobs.

Of course, I'm also a lot closer to my ultimate goal. I'm down into the "normal" body fat range (by estimates, haven't had dexa or anything). It may just be that my body held on to my boobs as long as it had "extra" fat, but when I got down to less fat they had to go.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    The fat seems to re-distribute. At least it did for me. When I lost my 20lbs of weight, my butt was much smaller, stomach still poochy, and boobs totally deflated. Several months later of maintenance, my boobs have filled back in a bit, and my stomach seems less poochy. So there's hope that all the wierd places you're* losing will balance out.

*You as a general audience. Not any one person in particular.

Unfortunately, I've had the opposite reaction. I lost the first 35lbs (of 42lbs) rather quickly, over 6 months. I retained my boobs.

Lost 7lbs over the next 6 months, lost my boobs.

Of course, I'm also a lot closer to my ultimate goal. I'm down into the "normal" body fat range (by estimates, haven't had dexa or anything). It may just be that my body held on to my boobs as long as it had "extra" fat, but when I got down to less fat they had to go.

Do you also carry a lot of weight in your arms? I hold a lot of weight in my top half and I'm hoping that, while it may come last, that I'll lose some in the chest and arms.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    I lost 90 pds in 1 year (still have 30 to hit my goal)...

1. Certain things become so easy. Ex: painting your toes, tying your shoes, etc.

2. Now I get when people say it is cold. I used to be warm all the time...

3. You even lose weight in your feet. You will change size.

4. Sorry for this but... cleaning up after bathroom trips is different 🤭😜

5. You will wake up feeling really rested bc the quality of your sleep will be 10 x better.

6. It will help regulate your hormones...

I have so many, the list can go on and on... lol

I'm really hoping for this part. Mine were really off a few months ago according to bloodwork.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!