NO MORE CALORIE COUNTING

Replies

• GratefulWayFarer
    GratefulWayFarer Posts: 61 Member
    I'm with you. And my weight has only increased by 5kg in an entire year (because I actually wanted to) and now is remaining steady!

I only eat twice a day though (max) and fast quite often. That might be why it's OK.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    I like counting. Fun to compare a lot of pointless crap I used to fill up on with stuff I really like.
    307114882 Posts: 45 Member
    yeah, maybe you are right, be yourself and have a healthy and happy life.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Best of luck in finding what works best for you.

unfortunately for me, eating "healthy" without calorie counting is why i was obese most of my life. even after loosing 100lbs twice. I'm a victim of my own portion creep. even in maintenance this time around i should do check ins with the scale and diary every few weeks even if i don't do so daily.
    Eating wholesome food when I was hungry led to a 70 pound weight gain over the years. Counting calories allowed me to lose that weight and maintain the loss. Wishing you a better outcome with your eating plan.

Why does this lead so many people to weight gain? We weren't counting calories a couple hundred years ago or even a hundred years ago... Seems unnatural to be measuring and counting, we should eat when we are hungry >,<

a couple of hundred years ago our access to food and what foods as well as our actiivty level was VASTLY different. you can't really compare the two.

Easy, don't eat the processed food

You mean cooked/dried/smoked/pickled/fermented/jellied? Because we've been processing food ever since someone got the idea of putting a piece of raw meat (or an apple, for all we know) into the fire and noticing how much better it tasted that way.

Now I'm imagining roasting a slice of apple on a coat hanger/stick over a camp fire.

Delicious, I assure you.
  • jakea1963
    jakea1963 Posts: 23 Member
    I have lost 30+ lbs this year. Have only counted calories in the last two weeks out of shear curiosity. However I have counted for years prior. So I have a very good idea of what I am taking in. I do think people starting out they should and they need a food scale.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    2baninja wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Not me. I gained a lot of weight eating wholesome foods and eating when I was hungry.

There are others who are basically doing what you are doing so you are not alone.

Whatever your goals are I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you! I can't seem to find anyone on here who isn't counting calories sadly...

Not to be snippy, but to me this is a calorie counting site, I wouldn't be on here if I didn't need to count calories....

MFP isn't just a calorie counting site though. There's lots of us who use the site for the forums, for the fitness aspect of it, to track macros etc. I don't track calories on MFP but I've been using the forums on and off for years now, most of those while in maintenance.