Lat pulldown
    Weighted step ups
    Tricep cable pushdowns
    Dumbbell curls
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    30min run intervals interspersed with stretching. Yes stretching has been a big feature this week.
    Zumba

• Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Thursday:
    Insanity Pure Cardio
  • pztodd
    pztodd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    pztodd wrote: »
    Did a 7500m row today. Albeit very slow, it was my first 7500m row in nearly four months. Pace was slow, intentionally so, around 2:28, but I finished it fine and then did 15 minutes on the Assault Bike. Had to cut the workout a bit short today. Ran over with work into lunch today.

Was tempted to do 10K meters today but didn't want to push it. Strokes are slowly getting more snappy on the rower. Strength slowly coming back.

Sounds like you're coming back from an injury? :)

Yes, worst back injury I've had in terms of duration (not pain, lower back is much more painful). Thanks for asking. Middle back issue that is just lingering. Dull aching pain, but not the sharp stabbing pain a neck or lower back injury creates. Very frustrating, though, with just how long the rehab is taking - four months and counting! Doesn't impact life, which is great, just rowing (which I love to do!).

Oh shame!!!! Well despite the slow pace of the recovery, I do hope that you eventually get back to doing what you love. I totally get the frustration side of things. I'm entering month 11 since I tore my achilles and am still not back to running yet :( Thank God I can do the other things that I love - weight training etc albeit somethings I have to modify - but I can't wait to go out for a run again. Good luck @MikePfirrman :)
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    An hour and 20 min rowing on the water. I felt pretty good though I got pretty fatigued half way through our second to last piece. Prior to that things were feeling good. I seem to be doing a pretty good job being deliberate about coming up slowly to the catch. That said, blade work.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yoga, pullups, ring dips and side lateral raises. Pavel's grease the groove of pull-ups, handstand push-ups and ring dips...
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    300 in 30: Day 02
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    010 Miles - 31:53
    010 Miles - 29:19
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My rest day but always Zumba I <3 Zumba
  • firef1y72
    Options
    1 mile run, pain level has gone down to 1/10
    Bench, first time back in a month and struggled with getting back in to it. Pyramids up to 45kg.
    30 PT full body, rebounder, press ups (normal and tricep), abs
    Sports massage on legs
    Circuits.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Did a 7500m row today. Albeit very slow, it was my first 7500m row in nearly four months. Pace was slow, intentionally so, around 2:28, but I finished it fine and then did 15 minutes on the Assault Bike. Had to cut the workout a bit short today. Ran over with work into lunch today.

Was tempted to do 10K meters today but didn't want to push it. Strokes are slowly getting more snappy on the rower. Strength slowly coming back.

Sounds like you're coming back from an injury? :)

Yes, worst back injury I've had in terms of duration (not pain, lower back is much more painful). Thanks for asking. Middle back issue that is just lingering. Dull aching pain, but not the sharp stabbing pain a neck or lower back injury creates. Very frustrating, though, with just how long the rehab is taking - four months and counting! Doesn't impact life, which is great, just rowing (which I love to do!).

Oh shame!!!! Well despite the slow pace of the recovery, I do hope that you eventually get back to doing what you love. I totally get the frustration side of things. I'm entering month 11 since I tore my achilles and am still not back to running yet :( Thank God I can do the other things that I love - weight training etc albeit somethings I have to modify - but I can't wait to go out for a run again. Good luck @MikePfirrman :)

Thanks and glad you can do other things. That's critical! At least you're doing something that you can do!

50 minutes on the AD Pro (Assault Bike) today at max I could sustain. I think I ended up at around 221 Watt average. Not back up to speed yet from the move. I was at 235ish for an hour at max, so this was a bit of a wake up call. The elevation, the time off for my cross country move or the toll of working back in rowing and light lifting made this seem very hard. I'm working toward holding around a 250 Watt pace for an hour on the Assault bike, 200 Watts on the rower. Long way to go but I've got nearly two years to get there.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    First time back at spin class since - yikes - Feb 19? Went early, so 65 minutes, but majorly lowballed cadence and resistance every interval. Knees seem to have held up OK-ish after, so far - just minor tweakies.

Really, really want to be back in my regular routine . . . this may be the longest full activity break I've had since . . . I dunno . . . 2003? Even after gallbladder surgery, I was walking . . . nut knees vs. gallbladder: bleeaugh. Feel so cranky. Stuff I can do just hasn't cut it mood-wise.
    aokoye wrote: »
    An hour and 20 min rowing on the water. I felt pretty good though I got pretty fatigued half way through our second to last piece. Prior to that things were feeling good. I seem to be doing a pretty good job being deliberate about coming up slowly to the catch. That said, blade work.

Blade work. Blade work. Always the bleepin' blade work. (Ugh to my "waterfall" release.)

Good job with the slide improvements though . . . last quarter hardest, IMO. ;)
  • RightInTheFiveHole
    RightInTheFiveHole Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did 30 min full body weights ( weighted squats, over head press, chest press, triceps kick backs, bicep curls, etc.) and then did an easy mile and a half job afterwards. Been down and out for the last 3 weeks due to being very sick, so glad to get back to it.
  • dpope3723
    dpope3723 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Biking around Chicago traffic for an hour. And probably another hour later when I head home
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Single-arm kettlebell snatch with 20kg KB - R x 5 plus L x 5 equals one round every 0:55 - completed 20 rounds in 17:55 - average HR = 153 bpm (85 percent) maximum HR = 165 bpm (92 percent) - total 226 calories.
  • rnjh00
    rnjh00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did a circuit of dumbbell swings—> squats—>shoulder presses—> rows —>pushups. Start with 2 reps through each exercise in the circuit, work up to 9 reps each and then repeat the 9 rep circuit and work my way back down to 2 reps. Fun!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Great job @rnjh00.
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Friday is rest day for me.
  • firef1y72
    Options
    Only lunchtime but my Friday leg day is done.

Started with a stair workout with my PT, she's definitely starting to ramp the pressure back up, I mean she's had to take it fairly easy on me for a month, is it any wonder she's bored with that.

Then did a 2 mile trail run, not quite ready to take on 3 miles, but wanted to see how far I could run and didnt want the pressure of trying to run faster, so just had a fun run along the river taking in the views.

Then I hit the gym for the first time in a month and the squat rack for the first time in what feels like forever.
    Did pyramids, starting with the bar and going up in 2.5kg increments. Felt pretty good up to the 2@40kg but the 1@42.5kg felt hard. With my 1 rep pr being 75kg I've got a way to go but it's a starting point.

Then did a few easy accessories,
    3x10@8kg straight leg kettlebell deadlifts (far too easy)
    3x20@8kg kettlebell swings (again too easy)
    3x10@20kg calf raises (just about right)

Legs were starting to get tired so cooled down 1500m on rower followed by a 15min stretch.

5 days post marathon and almost back to normal