WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Margaret-Living with mental health issues is tough. Your son is lucky to have your support.

Carol--Glad that you are doing so well, keep up the good work with the knew.

Viv York UK-- Thanks for sharing. I hope you come often and get to know us.

NYKaren--Congrates on NSV!!

Enjoy all the self stories. We are a big group and all different lifestyles. So much support. Love you all.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Went to the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 30 minutes to fitness DVD

Kim – almost all of my clothes and many household items come from the Salvation Army. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on my clothes. If people only knew where things come from! Even Denise (who is VERY materialistic) complimented me on this one sweater that I wore. I didn’t tell her where it came from. The only thing I really can’t buy there are pants since I need a petite size and they very rarely have petites. I don’t buy bathing suits, underwear, or shoes there, either. Update: went there and got some yarn to make the loom hats while I'm at the Green Room. Actually, I'll probably take that craft up to Denise's.

Barbara – a guy at the Green Room gave me a scrap piece of this tulle material (the stuff tu-tu’s are made out of). That would work, but I can’t think of a stiffener that wouldn’t wash out in the rain. I tried this “OK to wash it” stuff but the bottle says that it is a fabric glue Update: didn’t work out too well.

Karen – doesn’t that feel so good, to know that you “walked on by”

Katla – the only way we found to buy pyretherin was online

Jess got accepted (transfer) to Iowa. However, she needs to “catch up” by taking some online courses which she has to complete by the end of August. I can’t help it – I worry. I’m just concerned that she’s going to be in VA and may not focus on her work. However, I keep telling myself that she’s committed. She said the reason she wanted to transfer was because the health care on the island wasn’t good. To me, she only had one more year. But it’s her life

Tracey – yup, that’s why I’m going to Denise’s. I’ve tried calling her, left 2 voice mail messages, sent her an email, sent Pete an email telling them that I plan to be there Tuesday. I don’t know how else to get in touch with her.

Vince and Jess want to go to Hibachi Grill for dinner tonight. I know what I’m going to have. You can get a plate of veggies and shrimp, have them grill it, you can ask that they don’t use any butter which is what I do, and then they have fruit for dessert. I usually get just water to drink

Tonight I'm supposed to usher at the Green Room. Really, I'm doing it because I want to see the play "the drowsy chaperone"

Oh, Newcomer stuff: this one lady died and I noticed that the girl who is taking over membership doesn't have the means to delete someone from the mail list so I did it. But yet, she needs to think "gee, this member died, I'm in charge of membership, how does this affect me". Besides, I have no clue or ability to delete someone from the website, which is fine by me. It really to me isn't that big a deal if she stays on the website.

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Update: Jess and Vince will go out to eat, I'll probably have some of Skinnytaste turkey meatloaf so that I can go to the Green Room. Jess likes to eat later.

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Lisa- thanks! We had a rough winter but am looking forward to a fantastic summer! I’m glad to hear that you’re doing so well with your knee replacement surgery. It’s nice that you can give feedback to Carol and others that have or may have to go through that procedure.

<3

Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.49min, 14.1amph, 132mhr, 1.60mi= 84c
    apple watch- 63c
    0 RUNNER- 30min, 105ahr, 115mhr, 9.42min mi, lvl7, 9h, 110c, 41l, 3.11mi= 227c
    apple watch- 189c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.34min, 19.5amph, 144mhr, 1.48mi= 66c
    apple watch- 45c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.41min, 12.4amph, 139mhr,3.03mi= 145c
    apple watch- 116c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.54min, 145mhr, 9.25min mi.52mi= 68c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.19min, 9.28min mi, 145mhr, .45mi= 60c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.48min 8.3amph, 147mhr, 2.60mi= 167c
    apple watch- 137c

total cal 817
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    my MS ride donations are up to 490.!! Kirby just started today and he already got 435. :0(. oh well, all for a good cause I guess.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    @michele - for the tulle you could try an outdoor grade clear varnish spray. A few coats should stiffen it and since it’s outdoor grade should hold up through rains and sun. They sell it at Michaels here in the spray paint section but hardware stores and Walmart carry it too. It’s not what it’s used for but it should work.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Had nerve test to see if pain in foot is lower back related. Doctor said my nerve reactions were very good (like a 19 year old, whatever that means). He will send results to podiatrist. I personally think I would benefit from orthotics, but will keep up stretching, etc., which is helpful. Went for a nice long walk this afternoon after the rain finally moved out. Got in 15,000 steps today so feel good about that.

Ginny

Interesting ... my husband is on a waiting list to get a nerve test for his left leg and foot. Since waking from his coma, he has complained that his foot in particular, and leg to some extent, are partially numb and just don't feel right.

It's not his back ... he's had the tests for that. As an aside, it turns out that he and I both have osteoarthritis in our backs, in about the same locations! But that's not causing his foot and leg issues.

It could be a side effect of the brain injury, like when someone has a stroke and one side of their body is affected. Or it could be a side effect of all the drugs they used to keep him in the coma. But they would like to do the nerve test to, I think, determine which nerves are affected and perhaps to have some idea if they'll ever return to normal.

I see a podiatrist who gave me a bunch of stretching exercises for my feet and ankles, which I've started again, and I really should get orthotics. I must contact him again about that.

I hope that your podiatrist will be able to sort things out for you. Good job on the 15,000 steps!!

Machka in Oz

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbie What a fun app! That just made me smile! :)
  • prisoner2food
    prisoner2food Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Had trouble finding. The thread. Probably cause my brain quit working several hours ago during a crazy shift at work. Finally figured out it is not April any more.
    Going to Mexico tomorrow with 2 of my kids and 3 grandchildren. Lost 20 out of the 45 pounds I wanted to lose. It will have to do
    Goals for may- get my shite together. I will be 63 and should not still be struggling with this. I need to slow down my life and get some activity accomplished.
    Talk to you in a week.
    guess I should pack something!

Karen in BC