Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    stats for the day:

Apple Watch only- forgot my phone :0
    treadmill jog- 8.34min, 8.34min mi= 111c
    arm dip/chinup assist machine- 31min, 44#assist, 1st of 10 ea w/8 different floor exercises, repeat 5 times= 196c

total cal 307
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Lisa, cute car! Sure hope you can get a handle on your niggling health issues, sounds to me like they are more than niggling now......
    Heather, sounds like you are feeling a bit better, odd that your dr won't prescribe an antibiotic for your UTI. Last time I had one, I went to the dr, he sent me for testing, but also gave me a script, just in case. Well, I filled it and within just a few hours of taking the first pill, just felt worlds better! I'm so happy for you in your new home, so nice to be so close to your son and grandkids, great memories for them! Love seeing the photos of them dressing up your hubby, he's such a good sport!

Machka, pretty yard! The jonquils and freesia will add a lot of colour under the tree. Daffodil bulbs can be on the large side, just bought some Prince (or King?) Edward ones, the plants are a bit shorter, the flowers are gorgeous! Sure hope you can shake that flu soon. I know it took hubby and I a few weeks to start feeling better, and the cough just went on forever, very annoying.
    Rebecca, that is such a cute way to display baby's footprints! Hoping your packing is going well!
    Rori, you are such an inspiration! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be doing much of anything at all with two broken ankles, walking boot or not!
    Well, that's all I can remember for now. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where the temperature is approaching summer! (and the wind is gentle today!!)

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Even when I weighed 120 lbs I still wore size 14 jeans. Guess it was my shape.
  • ingridkenobi
    ingridkenobi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yaaay!! Well said!! TKS.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Pp
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies - I have forgotten how to add to my list of foods, anybody out there knows what I need to do?

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Also, how to end a PM?
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Kind of a milk moustache there huh?💖
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    🍁
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) I have been meditating daily-ish for about four years. My decision came from reading "10% Happier" by Dan Harris and his later book "Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics". I highly recommend both books. I don't use guided meditation or music or a meditation app and I am happy with my practice. I sit in a chair and use a meditation timer app to tell me when to start and when time is up.

:) I'll be teaching the intermediate dance class on Thursday in addition to my beginner class on Friday so I have a lot more preparation to do this week.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    liz0269 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies.
    Newbie here.
    I'm Liz from northern Wisconsin. I love living in the woods. My woods are my happy place.
    I just turned 50 in February. I have to say, I have been surprised at how much it has empowered me. For the first time in my life, I really don't care what other people think anymore. It's so liberating.
    Anyway, I also celebrated 11 years of marriage to my best friend and love of my life in February. It is my second marriage. My first one was abusive.
    We don't have any children together but I have a 27 year old son who lives with us and a five year old grandson who is with us part time. That little boy is the center of my universe. I lost my youngest son in 2011 when he was 17. He died unexpectedly from an asthma attack, though drugs were a factor. My grandson has put my heart back together. He adores me as much as I adore him. He calls me his love of joy. My son struggles with drugs and alcohol. He was there the night my son died and blames himself.
    I also have four step-children - two from my first marriage and two from my second.
    My husband and I do have two cats that we call our children.
    I never struggled with my weight until I quit smoking over six years ago. Then I gained 60 pounds. I still need to lose 50, though I would be happy with 30.
    I have rheumatoid arthritis and multiple food sensitivities including gluten, dairy, soy, legumes, oats, and eggs.
    I bike. Last year I got up to 30 miles and my goal for this year is 50 miles. I also swim, lift weights, and I am trying to jog again. In the winter, I snowshoe. Thought this year the snow was too deep. We set a record for the all-time snowiest winter - almost ten feet of snow - and over half of it - 57+" - fell in February alone.
    I went back to school and graduated with an associates degree in web software development in December. I am building my own business so that I can work from home which works best with my RA. I also work part time at the school I went to administering a program that connects high school students with local businesses for mentoring, career coaching, etc. And I work from home part time for a web design company owned by my brother. I am a busy woman! But I love every minute of it.

@KetoneKaren - I have PTSD from childhood and first marriage. I have found the work of Byron Katie tremendously helpful in overcoming trauma. In her books, she lays out a specific way of journaling that has been very healing for me.
    @bananasandoranges - On the app, at the bottom of the diary, is a button for Nutrition. If you click on that, you can toggle to weekly view and it will show you your overall and net calories for the week so that can track weekly as well.

My goal for May is to not change anything for the entire month. I need the consistency. I have a bad habit of planting a seed and digging it up right away to see if it's growing. I am recovering from several years of designer diets - paleo, keto, vegan, intermittent fasting, high carb low fat, etc. My head got really messed up about nutrition and I think I had a touch of orthorexia. I am unwinding all of that. I have a good exercise routine. I am weighing my food and counting calories, protein, saturated fat, and fiber only. I am giving myself permission to eat anything as long as it stays within my limits. Protein is important. I want to limit saturated fat. I want to eat more fiber. And those are my only rules.

I am looking forward to being a part of this group. You sound like a great bunch of ladies!

Thanks, Liz! I don't know about Byron Katie, but I will definitely look into this.

Karen in Virginia
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Morning check in
    ✔️ 1. weighed in, 59.6 k (131.4 lbs)
    ✔️2. tracked all yesterday and so far today
    ✔️ 3. 30 min exercise
    not yet 4. five minutes meditation
    not yet 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    not yet 6.produce at least 2 pages per day - debatable
    not yet 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill,
    not yet 8. At least 15 min/day filing/cleaning.
    ✔️ 9.average 1100 calories net.

• Overall Feeling: okay
    • Tracking :so far, so good
    • Exercise : 25 min not fast on elliptical plus 10-15 min walking to gym and back
    • 1100 calories net : nearly made up for red on Friday by green on Saturday and Sunday thanks partly to exercise. Okay for today : reduced my cereal (that I eat w plain soy yogurt, 3 almonds, squash seeds and possibly fruit) from 30g to 20g today.
    • Long term writing 2hrs: planned for today
    • Long term writing 2 pages: also
    • Short term writing/admin : need to today
    • Bright Spots : sunny, good exercise 3 days in a row

Grateful :
    1. good night's sleep
    2. feel okay this morning, not too tired after gym and coffee
    3. coconut-soy yogurt
    4. blueberries
    5. gomasio
    6. squash seeds
    7. electric kettle
    8. hair elastics
    9. meditation
    10. very sunny today
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies - I have forgotten how to add to my list of foods, anybody out there knows what I need to do?

Lenora

Hi Lenora: if you mean your diary: look for <Add food>

on the website: there should be a food option somewhere at the top of your newsfeed or profile page

On the app: there should be an options bar at the the bottom or top of the screen.
    If you can't find that, then click <More> and you should have a list of options there that includes food.
    Also, how to end a PM?

I just end my PMs with my name.

❤️ Terri
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Morning check in
    ✔️ 3. 30 min exercise
    not yet 4. five minutes meditation
    not yet 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    not yet 6.produce at least 2 pages per day - debatable
    not yet 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill,
    not yet 8. At least 15 min/day filing/cleaning.
    ✔️ 9.average 1100 calories net.

meditated and cleaned,
    I'm switching cleaning to 15 min cleaning, and 15 filing - my paper situation is in great need of attention
    I got a conference proposal rejection. bummer. I have not been very successful in endeavours to evolve professionally so far this year, whereas I've put a huge amount of effort into it.
    the status quo is unsustainable and precarious.

so, I need to not get stuck in that and move forward.
    though I question the value in putting energy into finishing thesis.
    ran into a guy who has published etc quite a bit and he doesn't get jobs as he's not connected enough,
    I know another who's super qualified and well into his 50s and can't get past 1 year associate type positions with very modest pay - whereas he is published quite a bit and apparently a good and devoted teacher.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    midday check in
    ✔️ 3. 30 min exercise
    ✔️4. five minutes meditation
    in progress 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    in progress 6.produce at least 2 pages per day - debatable
    ✔️ 8. At least 15 min/day cleaning.
    ✔️ 9. At least 15 min/day filing.
    in progress 10.average 1100 calories net.