040|300 Miles - 30:40
    050|300 Miles - 31:12
    060|300 Miles - 30:59
    070|300 Miles - 29:33

Hiking or Swimming later.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Erg at the uni's gym. BPP week 5/1: 7,000m steady state. My split was 2:06.8/500m which I'm pleased with and my split stayed fairly steady throughout the piece. I was very tempted to talk to someone about their form because he is going to kill his back and I've seen him on it fairly frequently.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    10 minute treadmill warmup
    Split squats 3x8
    DB press
    One arm DB row
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    Erg at the uni's gym. BPP week 5/1: 7,000m steady state. My split was 2:06.8/500m which I'm pleased with and my split stayed fairly steady throughout the piece. I was very tempted to talk to someone about their form because he is going to kill his back and I've seen him on it fairly frequently.

I used to do that sometimes. Unless it's an older woman killing her back with the damper up to 10 I save my breath anymore. They usually won't listen or think you're being rude. I've rejoined LA Fitness just to get out of the house one day a week and my wife likes going during the day. They don't have C2s but have Matrix rowers. Not a fan. Unless you row in the lowest damper, it's a back killer and I see all kind of bad form on them. One lady was doing the one arm row thing, then the pull it over your head thing and all kinds of crazy "kitten". I just minded my own business till I had to stop when she walked right into my mid drive stroke. I would have taken her knee out if I didn't stop. Great pace! You're really progressing fast!

8500m row today, nice and slow. Started late, didn't get the Assault bike work in. Longest row in months, although quite slow. Was a recovery day anyway but felt nice to row that much. Even with my headphones dying, still a good day.

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Burpees x 5 plus two-hand swings with 24kg KB x 15 every 1:30 for 10 rounds = 50 burpees and 150 two-hand KB swings in 14:28. Done at local park near my office, awesome Spring afternoon.

Planned on 20 rounds but hadn't done burpees in a long time and wanted to save something in my tank for tomorrow's planned run. Next time 15 rounds and then 20 rounds, I promise.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »

I used to do that sometimes. Unless it's an older woman killing her back with the damper up to 10 I save my breath anymore. They usually won't listen or think you're being rude. I've rejoined LA Fitness just to get out of the house one day a week and my wife likes going during the day. They don't have C2s but have Matrix rowers. Not a fan. Unless you row in the lowest damper, it's a back killer and I see all kind of bad form on them. One lady was doing the one arm row thing, then the pull it over your head thing and all kinds of crazy "kitten". I just minded my own business till I had to stop when she walked right into my mid drive stroke. I would have taken her knee out if I didn't stop. Great pace! You're really progressing fast!

8500m row today, nice and slow. Started late, didn't get the Assault bike work in. Longest row in months, although quite slow. Was a recovery day anyway but felt nice to row that much. Even with my headphones dying, still a good day.

Yeah - it wasn't worth correcting him. The only time I'll actually talk to people about their form is if they asked or if I know them. I have, for instance, had a lot of conversations with one of my professors about how not to use a rowing machine because, "I love it but it hurts my back!" (he an extremely athletic almost 60 year old who primarily is a cyclist). That said, in reality I will only talk to people in the gym if I know them or if I need to ask if they're done with or waiting for equipment (of if they're asking me the same question).

Thanks about the pace too! Endurance and watching my pace on the erg get better are two of my motivating factors for keeping up with erging, though I'd rather ride my bike outside (I simply don't have the time most days). Thankfully I'm able to realize that erg scores are only so good if your blade work and technique are crap in the boat so I'm able to separate the "oh yay I'm quickly improving on the erg" from "well...I'm improving fairly quickly according to my coach and people I trust with regards to feedback who watch me row in the boat but omg so many things to work on" (though there will always be things to work on).

In an ideal world I'd cross train with rock climbing as I used to rock climb competitively when I was 12-14 years old and I really miss it. That said, I a. can't easily work that in to my schedule and b. it's more expensive than erging at the gym or the boathouse. Once weekday practices stop, I'll probably try to add climbing two to three days a week in. I also somehow don't tend to get blisters in general (calluses yes, but I've never gotten a blister on my hands) so I'm not worried about that with regards to adding that on top of rowing.
  • firstnamerachel
    firstnamerachel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Started Zombies Run C25K app.
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: Shoulder and Arms workout
  • Togetherstronger
    Togetherstronger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    30 min intervals on the bike , couch to 10k on the treadmill this morning and kettlebell and core workout this evening !
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Tuesday has always been my slightly crazy day but with all the rest it was crazier than ever

30min Stair workout with PT - boxing mixed with various ways of running and jumping up a flight of stairs
    Zumba - yay legs have recovered enough for lots of jumping
    1 mile run to keep streak going, finally feeling recovered enough to tackle a hill during the mile
    Insanity - a whole new game when you can jump about
    Boxercise - did start to feel tired by the end
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Biking:
    300 in 30: Day 08
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    010|300 Miles - 31:53
    020|300 Miles - 29:19
    030|300 Miles - 29:45
    040|300 Miles - 30:40
    050|300 Miles - 31:12
    060|300 Miles - 30:59
    070|300 Miles - 29:33
    080|300 Miles - 30:34

9th day in a row biking, 8th this month. My goal of 300 seems doable right now. Who knows how I'll feel in another 9 days. Feeling great so far.
  • Melolson14
    Melolson14 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing great
    Keep it up
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Back to it today after taking two recovery days after the half marathon:

15 minute easy run
    15 minute stair climber
    30 or so min upper body and TRX stuff
    (20lb hammer curls today, yall. What!?!?)
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    2.7 miles of walk/jog/sprints. I forget how much I hate running. Good workout though. Found out that my local park is sketch though.. It's filled with "mug me" zones. Still, god my heart pumping and worked out more than what I normally do.

10 miles on the bike, 2.7 miles on the feet. A good day for sure.
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    30 min reclined bike with medium resistance (8.5 miles)

10 min abs
    15 arms/shoulder dumbbell circuit

16x sprint 30 sec/walk 30 sec
    5 min walk + cool down
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    That’s a tough sprint workout @Finafoshizzle93, great job.
  • pierinifitness
    Options
    Run 2:40 walk 0:20 for 10 rounds = 3.14 miles in 30 minutes. Ran during 21st hour of fasting period, 80F degrees 41 percent humidity. Drank a lot of water all day today particularly after run.
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thursday: Insanity Pure Cardio
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was an hour long Krav Maga class.

Today- 2 mile brisk walk with the pups.