Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    f8tjudgbdkr0.jpg

Will have with some of this yummy cake and some ice 'cream' fluff for snack...once again, thanks for the recipe https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10642391/protein-angel-food-cake-make-it/p1

I had one of these for breakfast every day this week.

I hear you...I've been making it more and more...it's so versatile too :)
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    f8tjudgbdkr0.jpg

Will have with some of this yummy cake and some ice 'cream' fluff for snack...once again, thanks for the recipe https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10642391/protein-angel-food-cake-make-it/p1

I had one of these for breakfast every day this week.

I hear you...I've been making it more and more...it's so versatile too :)

Need. More. Egg whites.
    Went thru a couple of Costco cases of EW on variations of this cake.
  • redcase
    redcase Posts: 69 Member
    ^^^ Waiting patiently over here. :)
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    bhg1vci7p4fm.jpeg

370 cal breakfast this will take me a few mins to eat haha
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    I eat a lot of volume. I am also a binge eater and overeater. Is the difference really just a name? I am a whole food vegan and my choices are veggies but does that really nullify the fact that I have no control over my portions?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    ladyzherra wrote: »
    I eat a lot of volume. I am also a binge eater and overeater. Is the difference really just a name? I am a whole food vegan and my choices are veggies but does that really nullify the fact that I have no control over my portions?

I understand you MORE than you know. After my massive weight loss, I have definitely gravitated towards less calorie dense food. Dont get me wrong, I was and still am a binge eater, but volume eating gives me an outlet without blowing through my calories for the day. Maybe it's not what society says I should be, but *kitten* society. We have to make our own way in this life. Best wishes
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member

I stopped caring of what anyone thinks, i eat huge amounts of veggies, and mostly raw, so my lunch box is heavy and bulging with fruit and vegetables to the point that i can barely close it now, my dinner salad used to feed 4-5 people with leftovers, now it's my personal bowl of salad, hehe. So what? My family accepted the fact that this is how it is now. I've been maintaining for two and a half years, and I'm happy this way. It works for me. What used to be a plateful of potatoes or pasta are low calorie veggies now, and it keeps me satisfied and full. So call it whatever you like, i guess. But i feel that binging is quite different, so volume eating is a fitting term, imo.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I’m am a volume eater AND a binge eater and believe the two to be quite different in the area of intention. So if I intend to eat an entire head of broccoli and a few sweet potatoes, that’s a volume meal. A binge would be an entire box of Kind Bars, when I intended to eat one.

What is strange, is I deal with hunger and satiety issues still.. as of this a.m. only up about 6lbs. Not sure I am trusting my scale.... taking creatine, but lost 6lbs over night loss of trust.. sorry I digress.... I have noticed... since I dropped the hyper energy foods, such as Kind bars, I dont crave them hardly.... I mean food fixated, but I now crave fruit and yogurt....*kitten* kind of crazy stuff. Thanks again for introducing me to your whole food veganism. I will never do it, but introduced me to Jeff Novick, which in turn, led me to Stephan Guyenet. 😀
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Fluff of the day to ya! Frozen coffee cubes and Quest cold brew with a dash of vanilla. Once it was huge, I added in a tbsp of chia seeds pre-soaked in almond milk. Off the hook (if you like coffee).
    v531xtqgnav6.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Made these brownies last night... under 450 calories for entire batch. https://www.thatslowcarb.com/keto-brownies-recipe/
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member

No suggestions or explanations just sending love. Struggling with food is hard.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Made these brownies last night... under 450 calories for entire batch. https://www.thatslowcarb.com/keto-brownies-recipe/

I just made these for my Sunday breakfast. I didn't have any low carb chocolate chips so added some stevia instead (without the chips there was no sweetness at all). I ate a quarter of the pan with some strawberries and yoghurt. I have several packets of pumpkin in the freezer from last fall and this is a great alternative to muffins. Thanks for posting it :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    One of my favorite low cal high volume meals. Turkey, Italian seasoning, lettuce tomato onion pickles spicy mustard on cracked pepper with pan cooked zucchini 😊. I like my huge wraps. Whole meal 220 calories. At that amount you can eat two if you are even more of a volume eater lol. tv1odom9kr0d.jpeg
    lo3tu9jmcazx.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    One of my favorite wraps. Tons of fresh strawberries on 80 calorie sourdough wrap. Topped with lots of trivia and dark chocolate pb2. I add extra water to make a thinner consistency so that it can be drizzled on. Delicious and huge. Photo of my hand for size comparison. This is part of my night snack in addition to my three (3c each) bowls of pudding most nights. f67sbma649c4.jpeg
    lxv5kt7qc76g.jpeg
    cjyghu64o0t5.jpeg
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 that looks delicious! What wrap brand is 80 cals? The drizzle is just runny PB2? I’ve never tried the chocolate flavor.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Seared Tuna Pepper Steak with Sesame/Soy/Sherry Sauce and Roasted Broccoli

ujow6l1aumqa.jpg

300g (2/3 lbs.) tuna
    salt/lot's of pepper
    1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    2 tablespoons dry sherry

475g (1+ lbs.) broccoli
    1/2 tablespoon olive oil
    salt/pepper
    touch of 5-spice

For the meal: 660 calories, 39g carbs, 17g fat, 88g protein.