The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Toaster05
    Toaster05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Could do with some more friends. I'm 45 and on a mission!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps ..have a great day!
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day, looking forward to the long weekend!
  • crowleyed72
    crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    46 here retired 88 m trying to get back to Army size add me too. Air Assault
  • doingthisforme16
    doingthisforme16 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Getting started back with myfitnesspal and would welcome some new friends.

The interaction with others on this same journey helps to motivate.

I'm a 55 year old man. I'm a husband, a son, a brother, a father and a grandfather (and father to a black lab).

I'm working to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year (2019), and 70 pounds by Easter (2020).

Why I want to get in shape: Getting older + Obesity = Predictable health risks that I need to avoid.

I've seen so many of my friends and relatives suffering from obesity related illnesses. The time is now for me to do something
  • espear876
    espear876 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I'm Eric and 42 working on building and chiseling my body into the machine it is designed to be. Always looking to make new friends and to be an encouragement to others!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday every one.

So my MRI results were posted online. Seems my tear has gotten bigger and is a high grade partial, almost full tear now. There's almost something else with a tear and an area of concern with the bicep. Well at least we now know so June 7 I'll be able to find out what the next course of action is
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday every one.

So my MRI results were posted online. Seems my tear has gotten bigger and is a high grade partial, almost full tear now. There's almost something else with a tear and an area of concern with the bicep. Well at least we now know so June 7 I'll be able to find out what the next course of action is

I'm sorry to hear this. No matter the course, you'll get through it. Hang in there, and keep us posted.

thanks I'm really fine with whatever because it's partly my fault for ignoring issues. Pain means there is something wrong and you should get it checked I am of the school you just ignore it and eventually it will go away or you get used to it. I'm sure I'll be offered injections to make it feel better. We shall see
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow is it Wednesday already weres the week going I hope everyone is having a great week so far. If anyone is looking for a new friend just send me a request with a message saying hello.
  • pinysmile3736
    pinysmile3736 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love to join. Please add me
  • mrswheeler87
    mrswheeler87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    31 and fat here! lol I def need friends to keep me motivated. Feel free to add me. mrswheeler87
  • sqwelchy
    sqwelchy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey all, feel free to add me
  • Julem22
    Julem22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I am 44, 2 kids, full time job...living the dream, with 40 xtra lbs lol. Please add me so we can help each other!!
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My body is 42, and I swear my brain still thinks I'm 25..... Looking for motivation & accountability peeps to ditch some weight I allowed to sneak up on me! I've been on here about 2 months and starting to try to use the forums as a source of motivation.
  • Beowolf95
    Beowolf95 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So far today has been very successful in staying well within my calories. It's the evening, however, when things go awry so I'll be focusing on that. Although I eat pretty healthy (meals anyway, it's the adult libations and snacking that get me), I started with my very clean eating today and will be sticking to that for awhile. Once I reach a certain point i will add in a cheat day to help stay on track, but even then I will stay within my limits, it just won't be hyper clean.
  • crystalsmith1042
    crystalsmith1042 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 this month. Mother of a 10 yr old, 4 yr old and a 3 yr old. I need to get in shape to keep up the kids and would like to see 40 pounds melt away by the end of the year.
  • crowleyed72
    crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    So I was bad had a cheat lunch am omg it was good still way under on calories for the day. Had a great workout this morning lost 5 lbs body fat an gained 1.4 in muscle since my last weigh in a week an half ago.
  • mitch22098
    mitch22098 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Hello. I just turned 49 and wanted to live to see my grandkids. Losing weight and exercise has me feeling better than I have in yesrs.
  • suzanne6094
    suzanne6094 Posts: 104 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    41 next week, love Yoga and BJJ, Last year I found BJJ and it transformed my life, now I am in the best shape of my life and just loving grinding hard and keeping healthy.

Just working on the nutritional part of things.

Would love to find more friends on a similar journey
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday eve fitfam! I hope that y'all have a great day!