The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,245 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Anyone that is serious about losing weight or getting fit can add me. I like to support friends but I also need support from time to time.
  • Beowolf95
    Beowolf95 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yesterday after completing my log I received a message from MFP that I had not consumed enough calories for the day and that a notice wouldn't be generated that I had completed my log, nor would it count towards what I would weigh in 5 weeks. Today I have adjusted my caloric intake to make sure I hit at least 1500, but that will not be my net so it will be interesting to see if I get it again. I was following the portion size of the nutrition plan I was provided, and as I thought, the portions were too small. I ate very clean, and will be doing so again today, but adding more veggies and protein to the mix. When too little calories are consumed it slows down the metabolism and can cause one to miss out on essential vitamins and nutrients. It feels good though to get dialed in and actually have to adjust up on intake.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Ok ive been at this for 2 maths...and im still sore.....im doing dance cardio, yoga and light weights/toning
    I usually work out 6 days a week and alternate a day of cardio/toning, next day yoga....I don't push myself too far and have no pain while im working out..but later that day or the next day..OUCH...what gives?
    (Ill be 46 very soon and never worked out before in my life)

kim
  • crowleyed72
    crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Ok ive been at this for 2 maths...and im still sore.....im doing dance cardio, yoga and light weights/toning
    I usually work out 6 days a week and alternate a day of cardio/toning, next day yoga....I don't push myself too far and have no pain while im working out..but later that day or the next day..OUCH...what gives?

kim

I’m 46 an I am the same way. I think this is normal but I’m not an expert. I do 15 to 30 minutes of cardio. Then I do toning, using light weight till I burn my muscles out. I have always worked out this. An same results. The only thing I do different is I work out 5 day a week adding swimming in one day an sometimes high intensity training. I also sit in a steam room or hot tub which the YMCA I belong to has. I also try an walk at least a mile in the evening after dinner.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »

kim

Before I started working out regularly the second or third day was the worst. Since I have been exercising regularly the pain and soreness has pretty much gone away. Just stick with it!
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Add me too, I am 44 :)
  • Solace1977
    Solace1977 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all. 41; feel free to add me
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning sexy peeps! Hope your weekend is going well!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday middle aged peeps.
    The Raptors won last night and for the first time ever the NBA finals will start in Canada!!!
    Gonna take my boy and mom to explore some centre for people with head injuries. It's open today for doors open Toronto so I like to support the initiative and find neat places to go. Last year we went to a convent that is part of a rehab hospital my mom had been at.
    Hope all Americans are having a fun and safe memorial Day weekend
  • csmcozart
    csmcozart Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    46 here retired 88 m trying to get back to Army size add me too. Air Assault

88M = Transportation, correct? I was 13B,E,D = field artillery. Started as a canoneer then moved to FDC.
  • debsydoo556
    debsydoo556 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Top end of this age group.
    Need at least a stone off to feel good in my clothes again. Logging food properly and not ‘guessing’ now as I have a tendency to snack on rubbish all day long otherwise!! 🍫🍰🍩🍦🍷🙈
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    farrellian wrote: »
    Just found this group. I turned 54 this year, went from a couch potato in 2010, lost 100 pounds from May that year until 12 months later just cutting back and getting to the gym. Did my first 5k at the Susan G Koman in Raleigh, NC that year. Since then I've completed 28 1/2 Marathons, 4 Full Marathons, 50k and 50 Mile Ultra and just completed my first 1/2 Ironman.
    Hopefully that will help motivate some of you guys this holiday weekend. Happy Memorial Day :)

AMAZING!! Congratulations on your lifestyle transformation!
  • audubontrail
    audubontrail Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A few weeks away from turning 50. Please add me!
  • weightjo76
    weightjo76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 43, I try and do at least 3 classes a week at the gym, 2 after work which is Step (ridiculously hard) and Pilates, and 1 on a Saturday which is Zumba...it's a huge challenge to do anything after a long day at work but I know I have to at least try, I also do some weights a couple times a week...as I get older the weight is more difficult to shift!
  • crowleyed72
    Options
    csmcozart wrote: »
    46 here retired 88 m trying to get back to Army size add me too. Air Assault

88M = Transportation, correct? I was 13B,E,D = field artillery. Started as a canoneer then moved to FDC.

Roger that 05 to 12 got medically discharged 100% T&P miss the Commardery 101 Air Assault
  • crowleyed72
    Options
    So sore right now went on a hike with the family ended up doing 6.22 miles. Since we started walking an working out most we have done at once was 2 miles. Once you go so far you still have to walk back. Took the dogs ended up carrying the small ones for a bit the got tucked out.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    So sore right now went on a hike with the family ended up doing 6.22 miles. Since we started walking an working out most we have done at once was 2 miles. Once you go so far you still have to walk back. Took the dogs ended up carrying the small ones for a bit the got tucked out.

Sounds like a good workout then!!! Fun
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    It's finally warming up here. I think tomorrow if nothing hurts too much I will run. I want to get out and enjoy the weather and I've determine to be in half decent shape in case I need to have my shoulder repaired. I've heard it's possibly 6 weeks in a sling after I want to be in good shape so I've a speedy recovery. If I don't ended up needing surgery then at least I'll be in good shape
  • Lieveling73
    Lieveling73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I’ve got some midlife weight to drop and would love some friends for motivation and support. Shiftworker, single, hate exercise, striving to eat more plants. I’ve got a hiking holiday in August that I need to get my butt in gear for. Best to all!!