WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,899 Member
    Options
    She used her chosen name, Malaika Rose Stanley.
    That is in the past tense because she died this morning. I'm so glad she didn't linger on.
    Don't know what I feel yet as I've only just heard.

I'm all dressed up in my red dress to go to the restaurant. Not logging it.

Thank you my friends for being so supportive. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

So sorry to hear about your friend. {{hugs}}
  • Machka9
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Monday, 20 May 2019 … 6.1 km walking + 5 flights of stairs
    Tuesday, 21 May 2019 … 8.0 km walking + 6 flights of stairs ... plus new pilates class!

My husband and I were in a pilates class today to set up a program for each of us. Something a bit different for us ... and I'm just a tiny bit stiff now!

The last two days have been a whirlwind of university, work, appointments and my husband's RTW stuff, and it's not over yet.

Tomorrow is going to be just as busy with a First Aid course in the morning, work in the afternoon, and a play in the evening. Plus, no doubt, more of my husband's RTW stuff.

I bus into town, but then I walk everywhere from there. Hence ... 6.1 km and 8 km of walking.

Wednesday (yesterday) ...

First Aid CPR Refresher. I should get it once a year, but last year I was a little preoccupied. Next year I'll have to do the whole thing to be right up to date.

Funny thing ... in all the first aid classes I've taken, I've done the DRSAB thing. D=Danger, R=Response, S=Send for help, A=Airway, B=Breathing ... and if the person is breathing "normally" you roll them into the recovery position. And in the rollplay it has always been really easy to roll the person into the recovery position. I never realised how much they were helping me roll themselves ...... until I had to go through that whole process when my husband had the seizure. When the person is not helping you roll themselves into the recovery position, it's actually not that easy to do!! In fact it was surprisingly difficult to get him into the recovery position!!

I'm also going to look into Epilepsy-specific courses next.

Interview & Film. Our local brain injury association wanted to interview and film me, with a short guest-appearance by my husband, talking about my husband's early days in the hospital and giving some tips. I hope I covered it reasonably well. We filmed and photographed for about an hour and a half in order for them to put together about a 2 min info video. I have no idea when it will be ready or if they will have decided to go with me and what I said.

Much of the filming was done in the Neuro Ward where my husband spent a lot of time, so he was able to say "hi" to a bunch of the nurses who treated him. That was nice. :) He also got to meet the head of the brain injury association and we might become even more involved with the association in coming months.

Work. I actually started making some headway with something I've been trying to do for a while ... and today (Thursday) I completed it. :grin: I'm hoping to complete a second, similar thing tomorrow or Monday. One of the reasons I took so long to do it is because I've spent the last while putting out fires here. It's one thing after the next!

The Play. We went to Dad's Army ... a local play based on the TV program. It was good ... they did well and we enjoyed it. :):) However, it was a bit long and we didn't get home until 11 pm last night.

Homework. I have got to focus on this for the next several days. Big assignment coming due!!

Audax. We're hosting a 400 km cycling event in about 10 days. I've got to get the cue sheets etc. ready for that. Unfortunately Ride With GPS has changed so that I can't edit using the free version. I have access to an advanced version but I would have to copy the route over to that version which would change all the links, plus it is a pain to copy routes over. That might be OK if I had access to all the places the link shows up, but right now I can only access 2 of 3 places. As president I will get access to all three, but I haven't pushed for that yet. So what it means is that I'll have to do something more manual and send around pdfs. In my spare time.

Medical Appointments. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week.

Just a sample of my life. :)

Machka in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Heather - that picture of you ladies with Ros in the middle was heart warming (((hugs))) <3

Maintenance is a b!t<h :o you go 3#’s over and it takes forever to drop back down 😐 Do any of you ladies on maintenance have any words of wisdom?

Have a great night.

<3

Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona

Mary, I consider the alternative, not reigning my choices back in means I'm becoming unhealthy all over again....not so great! So yes, I get miffed that the maintenance routine has to stay just that A Routine but it sure does feel better to live a life where I don't huff and puff up stairs or hills, and I don't eat food until it hurts, the list goes on. The days I fall off my routine and eat too much or stay sedentary cause I'm tired from work, I use those days to remind me what my life used to be like all the time kind of like revisiting family drama, Sometimes I visit but boy am I glad I don't live back there everyday. :)

Big, busy day today, packed breakfast and lunch and will mind what I have for dinner, working a very long day but looking foward to a 3-day weekend. NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Options
    Wednesday, 22 May 2019 … 4.2 km walking + 14 flights of stairs
    Thursday, 23 May 2019 … 2.2 km walking + 20 flights of stairs

Was thinking of rowing, and got new rowing shoes, but just didn't feel like rowing.

Homework to do!!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Morning, afternoon and evening all,

Slept the night through for the first time in a LONG time, for more than a few reasons, and obviously got a little dreaming in, as well, as "our daughters must be told of the Dawn Patrol!" was still echoing through my mind when I awoke, in very urgent tones. Not sure if it was referring to the kid's cartoon, the Errol Flynn movie from the 1930s, or Dawn Dishwashing Liquid. :smiley:

Woke up with energy and a smile, and feel almost myself again. Reminder, as if I needed it, that our health affects everything, and that's what I'm reaching for, to be healthy.

Love y'all,
    Thinking of each of you,
    Lisa in AR

Congratulations!!! :)

I did that the night before last!! :) First time in ... oh, at least a year. It actually left me feeling a little disconcerted when I woke up. I don't know how it happened, but I'd like it to happen again.

M in Oz

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Just done skimming,as I haven’t been keeping up in too long.

<3 Heather,so sad for you losing your beloved friend.Glad you have lovely memories. Loved the picture & noticed the bare feet. My idea of a perfect picnic.

Will reply more later.Too early to be thinking.

Pat in Oh
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    ppp
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    <3B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Mary Just thinking about your previous approach to your incredible lifestyle/weight/exercise accomplishments, I think fasting would suit your lifestyle and be the least painful way of maintaining your weight. You could probably figure it out based on what the scale says - if you gain 3 lbs, you need to fast one day a week for the next 3 weeks, or fast 2 days in the next week, or whatever. If this isn't for you, of course just ignore it. It just seems like a specific, familiar method that would serve as a check & balance for the inevitable small weight gains that all maintainers experience. I love seeing your posts.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Heather - that picture of you ladies with Ros in the middle was heart warming (((hugs))) <3

Maintenance is a b!t<h :o you go 3#’s over and it takes forever to drop back down 😐 Do any of you ladies on maintenance have any words of wisdom?

Have a great night.

<3

Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona

Yeah, it takes 3 weeks or a month. I tighten up my logging for a few weeks, and exercise a bit more.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    I had a very lazy day yesterday. I was starving all day, and when I wasn't hungry I was sleeping. I don't know if it was the weather or what, but today it is beautiful and sunny, the wind isn't insane and I feel more energized.

Tracey in Edmonton

Sometimes you need days like that. :)

I could use about a week like that!! :grin: I won't get that, but I might have the occasional day in June.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Hi Michele from another Michele. You even spell your name the same way! Most people spell it with two “l’s” Give us a location so we’re not confused. I’m Michele in NC

Michele in NC

Today, I had to send documents to a Michele for work. I read the name in the instructions and was thinking to myself, "OK, I'm ready to send them to her."

Then I read the next instruction ... "When you reach this point, you can send them to him."

The Michele I "know" is a him!!!

Machka in Oz

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER so sorry for the loss of your good friend

Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,558 Member
    Options
    Vacation started. No work today, but did workout
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    X 1. weighed in
    X 2. tracked
    X3.30 min exercise
    ✔️4. five minutes meditation
    sort of [/b5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    not yet3 6.produce at least 7-finished pages per day average long term
    ✔️ 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    X8. At least 15 min cleaning
    X 9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork
    ? 10.average 1100 calories net yesterday

• Overall Feeling : S T R E S S E D
    • Tracking : no
    • Exercise today : 30 min walk
    • 1100 calories net average : haven't tracked
    • Long term writing 2h today : sort of
    • produce at least 7-finished pages per day average long term project yesterday(from May 22-25) yesterday : not yet
    • Short term writing/admin :yes a ridiculous annoying erroneous insurance thing from 2 years ago,
    • Bright Spots : learned some things in a training today

Grateful :
    1.training info
    2. mild weather
    3.food shops very near by - don't need car
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Heather - so sorry for the loss of your friend. Cancer is horrible!

I know several of us have had a family loss lately, including myself. My uncle, who was also my godfather, passed away last week. It’s going to be June 1 before we can get everybody together for a memorial. He had been quite ill for the last two years. It is almost a relief that he is now at peace.

Work outs are going great. I’m alternating with the treadmill, elliptical and the arc trainer. Doing strength work twice a week. Weight loss is slower, but it’s still a loss. I also realize that a loss of 1-2 pounds a week is healthiest.

Connie in KY
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,494 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Yesterday soft Spring day but windy. Called Ray's caregiver instead of widowed friend. Now I must decide if, and if so, how best, to help him. Did rest except the last half hour of dog group. Knee tired and the wind was exhausting.
    Today I will prep for the final roofer visit and pick 2: make brown rice, play "foot with Tumble", get trip info to Denise, work on minutes, continue weeding around the raised bed, walk Tumble to cistern or call recently widowed friend.

Machka I get bad feeling about the RTW team's failure to respond to your (oh so telling) points in writing. Know you are keeping excellent documentation. Might you consider a pre-emptive consultation with an attorney in case they are planning something really awful?
    Julie good progress on the long term writing. Brava! Google images incline more toward cougar than bear. Wish it had been otherwise, cougars are sneaky and deadlier than bears. Alas, responding to many, not all, is a bad procrastinating habit of mine. I do better to just skim then get up and away from the doggoned keyboard ;)
    KJ love the pic and the book. Hooray Joaquin!
    Lisa that quilt will cause a bidding Armageddon! After all these years, I never new about the "search discussion" option. Thank YOU! Wish pressing esc would return you to the search list after picking one, and wish the search list were longer (sheesh, is she NEVER satisfied???).
    allie ditto the others' congrats on managing to work well with Mary. Good job!
    Heather ((hugs)) so sad and yet glad you had a "genius at friendship" in your life. Red dress and dancing steps sound just right. She'd be smiling.
    Margaret both the flower (hibiscus?) and the house look lovely.
    Tracey "MIL here for two weeks?" :noway: I'd have to take a motel room to keep from opening my veins or going postal. Would have been true whether MIL or Mama, I just couldn't have taken it.
    pip hooray for vacation. So glad you're getting a little break from work. What was the story behind the Amazon Customer Service plank?
    NYKaren "... get moving outside today..." I just hate it when I waste a dry day by not getting outside and moving. Heading out now! ;)

Finally updated the daily stats, time for a stronger finish. ;}

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 12/31, 60 g protein 19/31, rx/vits 18/31, meditate 1/31, knee exercises 5/31, SWSY 0/9, play with Tumble 10/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 15/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for May "pause" Thank you Barbie!