• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️ 1. weighed in 59.5 (weight back up!)
    ✔️ 2. tracked
    ✔️3. 30 min exercise
    X 4. five minutes meditation
    x5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yesterday
    x 6.produce at least 10-finished pages per day average long term yesterday(from May 13 to May19 )
    x 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    x8. At least 15 min cleaning
    ✔️ 9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork
    ✔️10.average 1100 calories net

• Overall Feeling: glad about good classes
    • Tracking : so far so good
    • Exercise : yes
    • 1100 calories net average : so far so good
    • Long term writing 2h: no
    • produce at least 10-finished pages per day average long term project yesterday(from May 13 to May19 ) yesterday : no
    • Short term writing/admin yesterday : no
    • Bright Spots : very very nice last class with students. we had a long class: 3h. we did a short test, and then we did a game.(miming vocabulary words). one did a mime that had us laughing to tears for a few minutes. there were a few very funny students in the class and they had many of us laughing and joking around a lot

Grateful :
    1. nice students
    2. some very nice colleagues
    3. classes finished for the semester
    4. break time
    5. found a new lawyer who seems nice and hopefully reasonable and also has an office really near by

I haven't tidied in at least 2 days and my place is a mess(leaving stuff around) (skipping the daily 15-20 min pick up)

I feel so not up for tidying when getting home from a few hours of teaching.
    yesterday I spent 4-5 hours correcting and prepping before class so it's understandable- but today really not. I was dragging a bit in the morning.
    I can seem how I'm wont to just drop everything (cleaning, exercise, etc.) from time to time, but it makes me feel worse.

today classes were 12-13 plus about 80 min round trip transport (usually less but there' some road work, but I also needed to speak to various people after classes about this and that, it was getting on towards 5 by the time I left. I had packed lunch but forgot to eat it.
    students had brought many snacks for last class; I could only eat a macaron and some shrimp chips due to GF status.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Lisa – this is the place to vent!

Katla – I have never had your issues with my dogs, but they do eat when I do, and they pretty much finish within an hour. The water I would leave later than dinner. I do take Levi out about 1 hour before bed and toss the ball or walk the yard – in the dark, with a flash light if need be and then we go out to go potty right before bed.. He knows what “go potty” means and will go when asked.

I did have an older dog (now passed) that could not make it through the night, and I put a doggie door in the screen door of my bedroom sliding glass door and that worked well.

Lots of sewing and catching up just to leave for a couple of days… My god son and nephew offered to watch Levi, and will - but as committed as they were a month ago – they have been much more lax now (home at 11 pm to feed dinner is not ok with me) – so it is taking more work from me than I was hoping for. Next time I will re-think this and probably hire someone who is better with commitment.

Thinking of you all wishing each of you the best.
    Kim from N. California
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Mary ... prayers for your sister that she's not done any damage with the fall.

Tracey ... sometimes we get just what we need. I know that a job is something you ultimately want, but maybe what you need right now is time to focus on the upcoming wedding ...

We are home from the hospital. All went well with the oral surgery. In fact, we had anticipated all four wisdom teeth being removed and they only ended up taking one impacted wisdom tooth and a very decayed molar that was beyond repair. So only two holes in his head! :D They also did put a steel cap on a tooth that needed restored. Interesting how much they can get done in less than an hour when your under general anesthesia! He's not complaining of pain at this time and he's tolerating "melty" food like jello and ice cream, so I'm thinking his recovery will be much better than anticipated. Thank you for the good thoughts!

While he's 32 years old, his surgery was conducted in our city's new Children's Hospital. So many little peanuts needing medical care. :( At the nurses station in the recovery area, they were blowing bubbles ... Can't say I'd seen that before in all the years we've been in hospitals.

Beth near Buffalo
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts for my sister. I talked to her and she said she was lucky because she was next to the wall and kinda slid down it so hopefully she didn’t wreck her surgery sites.

Kettlebell Workout

Goblet squats-3X5X40
    Russian kettle bell swing-13 X5X40

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Mary: That's encouraging news about Linda. I'm sending prayers her way for a full recovery.

Katla: Best wishes to your DH from me. B) Here's to many more.

Michele: Sorry you feel like a slug. That makes two of us. I'm up to 4k steps per day now, and don't have pain or swelling in either ankle. But, most of the time I'm in a recliner with my feet up. I have been logging food with fervor, and so far have lost a pound, which is truly a miracle for me.

Allie: Enjoy Joyce and the entire getaway. So happy to hear DFIL has perked up.

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks from when we leave for Portland. DH will celebrate his 75th there, and it should be a festive time to be in town as it's the last weekend of the famous Rose Festival. I can see there will be alot of walking, so am seriously considering getting one of those canes that converts to a 3-legged stool. Does anyone have experience with those?

Stay well friends. We can do this.
    Rori
    SMILING from eyes, heart and lips in
    Colorado Foothills
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,746 Member
    Options
    Iii
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,102 Member
    Options
    Mary prayers!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Katla’s husband.

Denise and Pete went to WalMart. I spoke to Denise yesterday and suggested we go to the store. She didn’t want to take PJ out until he has his immunizations. I have a feeling that they’re going to stop by his mother’s and that’s why they didn’t invite me to go with them.

Rori – fortunately I don’t have any experience with a cane. Good luck to you

Michele who is cold….again
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,001 Member
    Options
    :) At bedtime last night I was writing a reply about dogs that want to go out in the middle of the night (I take mine out at midnight because one of them can't make it all night) and suddenly my cursor disappeared. I tried everything and nothing worked so this morning I took my computer to our local office supply store where they have technical help on staff (they have helped me twice) and they fixed it quickly and didn't charge me. I was delighted.

:) Jake's brother and wife will be here soon. They arrived at SeaTac and rented a car. They will be staying at a motel in town. They'll be here until Saturday morning. I plan to be a good sport about whatever we decide to do. There will be lots of restaurant meals no matter what.

:) I gave up Facebook more than a year ago and don't miss it. I have some friends who call, some who text, some who email, and some who text to see when would be a good time for a call. It all works for me. I've found that there is no good solution for everyone.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW WA
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Turn Beauty Inside Out Day!

"Turn Beauty Inside Out Day was created by New Moon magazine, a magazine for girls, in response to People magazine's '50 Most Beautiful People' list. The goal of the day is to ... promote awareness for issues that girls face, particularly by recognizing the negative pressures put on them by the media, such as the need to be thin. The media influences how girls and women feel about themselves, and about how boys and men feel about females.On Turn Beauty Inside Out Day, we focus on raising awareness about the negative influences of media and work to build positive body images for girls."

Kim - Goodness, you've been racking up the milest lately! Hope you get to enjoy some down time at the ocean.

Beth - Wishing your son a smooth recovery from his oral surgery.

Michele - I've been fighting the urge to stress-eat lately too. Too much to do and not enough time to do it all... for the time being I'm just trying to maintain and not worry too much about losing.

Dana - Wow, that's a big milestone! Congratulations on your 40-pound loss!

Lisa - I switched from ferrous sulfate supplements to iron bisglycinate awhile back, and it seems to work well for me while being far easier on my inner workings. A dietitian suggested it. You might ask your doctor if that would be an option. I also take a vitamin C supplement to help with iron absorption.

Mary - I hope your sister's recovery from neck surgery is going well. Having a fall like that sounds scary!

I have been jumping around from one thing to another for two full days now as my team at work winds up a huge pile of applications that were all due at once. Each one has a lead writer and project lead who are supposed to shepherd it through the process, but unfortunately I have to work on various attachments for every single projects. I really need to start looking for someone else with my particular skill set to bring on board. On the other hand, all of the hours this week will help make up for the fact that I'm taking next Thursday through Monday off.

On top of it all, I've got to take time off Sunday to take Forrest to a meet and greet with the greyhound adoption group. I can't really spare the time, but it is time for him to meet his forever family so he needs to get out there.

You're all so beautiful - hope you remember that!

-Yvonne in TX
  • pipcd34
    Options
    dl2qjahk28cv.jpeg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Woke up to a couple bouts of vertigo. AAck!! I have gotten it enough that I know what the beginning feels like. Sore neck, light headed, and achy. Taking cold medicine, and doing exercises.👍
    Glad y'all enjoyed the pics. This home is a better fit than the other home. The previous renters left so much stuff at the old place that it overwhelmed me! Two big Tupperware cabinets in our old garage filled with cleaning products and another cabinet outside had 6 old gas containers. Instead of taking a gas can in to fill it for the mower, they just bought a new one. Crazy! This place is a clean slate.
    💖Rebecca
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Had good breakfast with brothers. We visited for a couple of hours and then eldest had to be on the road. On way home, it was so beautiful, I decided to walk at the reservoir on the dam. Got in a good thirty minute walk that included quite a few stairs and some hills. Would have walked longer but was wearing jeans (getting too warm in them).

Was feeling tired this afternoon (only got 5 hours sleep last night). Was going to take a nap and decided since I was off work I should do something--so off on another walk-for an hour and 20 minutes. With morning treadmill that got me 2 1/2 hours of walking today-finally broke the 20,000 mark in one day. I know I won't be able to do that everyday, but I am going to have an initial goal of 2 days a month at that level.

Since getting back to MFP and involved with the community, my walking has increased drastically (for me). For the past 7 weeks, every day has been over 10,000-and most over 11,000. Since I don't do weights and some of the other exercises, increased steps is my improvement goal. I may move on to other things at some point, but walking is something I can always do. I seem to be addicted to it!

Lunch and snacks ready for tomorrow (back to work). Have food pantry tomorrow after work, followed by choir so will be long day.

Ginny
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.58min, 13.8amph, 132mhr, 1.59mi= 73c
    apple watch- 64c
    0 RUNNER- 30min, 129mhr, 9min mi, lvl8, 12h, 111c, 43l, 3.34mi= 246c
    apple watch- 224c
    Floor exer- 4.39min, 4sets of 10ea, 86mhr, 3diff exerc.= 27c
    apple watch- 27c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.03min, 17.6amph, 142mhr, 1.48mi= 70c
    apple watch- 47c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 12.54min, 14.2amph, 144mhr,3.04mi= 139c
    apple watch- 119c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.06min, 142mhr, 9.47min mi.41mi= 64c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.06min, 8.58min mi, 159mhr, .45mi= 64c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.23min, 8.1amph, 132mhr, 2.61mi= 208c
    apple watch- 135c

total cal 891
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori: Thanks from DH for the birthday wishes. Me, too. :heart:

Michelle: Thanks for the birthday wishes for DH. :smiley:

Barbie: I hope the visit from Jake’s brother goes very well. :star:

Pip: Love the picture of Kirby back when. No wonder you were attracted to him. :wink:

Becca: I am glad you’re pleased with your new home. :smiley:

Today was DH’s birthday. Son and daughter both called. Lovely to hear from them. DH is up in bed. It is way too early but I may join him anyway. I haven’t made up my mind yet.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,239 Member
    Options
    Woke up to a couple bouts of vertigo. AAck!! I have gotten it enough that I know what the beginning feels like. Sore neck, light headed, and achy. Taking cold medicine, and doing exercises.👍

💖Rebecca

Have you seen a physiotherapist about that?

https://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder
    https://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorders/types-vestibular-disorders/benign-paroxysmal-positional-vertigo

My husband's most recent physiotherapist did wonders for his BPPV!

Machka in Oz