WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    KJ – this morning Pete and Denise left with PJ to get his mother to go to the MD to get a whooping cough shot. My heart said “oh, go, I’ll watch the baby” but I know that it’s a good thing that they incorporate the baby into their lives. As a mother, I just can’t help worrying when they’re out late. Guess that’s just one of the hazards of motherhood. I do want them to go out to dinner tonight just the two of them. They might as well take advantage of me while I’m here (and I’ll get more PJ fix), they deserve time together. If the baby came when it was due, I was planning to stay until the 25th. As it is, I’ll leave Sat. which is a good thing, they’ll have time to get adjusted to their new life before Pete has to go back to work. Yes, it’s going to kill me knowing that I won’t see pj for a few months, but it’s the right thing. Now I’m more boredom eating than anything else. I actually went for a walk today – the first time. Not a big walk – but it was something . I did go to bed before they got home last night. OK, I didn’t go to sleep. But I was in bed!!! They have their own lifestyle. Like they’ll stay up late, but I don’t care to. I guess that happens as you get older. But I can’t impose my lifestyle on them. Yes, I’m ready to get back to my pool, my ceramics, bowling, my exercise, water classes, I have these diamond dotz that I want to make for Pete and one for Denise for Christmas, then if I have time a x-stitch for PJ, decent eating, finish the stocking for PJ (I just need to put the name on it). So I’m ready. My heart isn’t, but my mind is. Going is the right thing. It’ll be hard, but it’s also the right thing for them and for me

Last night I could not find the cat anywhere, I searched the townhouse multiple times. I called her, I heard a “meow” but I couldn’t see her. The only place I didn’t search was their bedroom, the door was closed but I opened it. She was in there! Well, I know that cats can hold it for a long time.

I’ve been playing this online mahjongg to fill the time. I’ve also made some hats and scarfs for the soup kitchen (that’s another thing I’ll be able to get back to) on the knitting loom.

Michele
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,832 Member
    Options
    morning my friends~
    I am in my hotel room.. only thing is it is right off the highway so lots of noise.. but got here no problems will go downstairs in a bit and hit the hot tub and pool..im tired right now so maybe a nap... the time union center is 1/2 mile from here.. so I might walk up to see if I can hoof it, or have the shuttle take me there tomorrow
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,819 Member
    Options
    Katla - Happy birthday to DH. Those street dances were fun.

Beth - I am thinking the same thing right now, I can really use this time to get ready for the wedding and be here when the company starts arriving. The invitations were mailed out this week and the RSVP's are starting to come in. Glad to hear your son did well. My daughter had to be in the local Children's hospital here when she was 12, what a difference compared to a general hospital. Those little warriors deserve whatever fun they can get though.

Michele - I have a young cousin, B, that had a baby in January, her Mother flew out the next week and took over. Her mother was gone for 2 weeks and B has since flown home and has not returned yet. It is putting a terrible strain on their marriage and on their finances. I think it's good that Denise and Pete are doing some things on their own so that they can handle it when you leave. I understand though how hurt it would make me if something I suggested and was knocked down was then done without me. It's a tough situation. I hope you can enjoy your next two days.

Barbie - your comment about friends texting to see if it's ok to call. I was talking to one of my friends about this the other night. She is one that we just pick up and call without warning. I said to her remember how we used to just call and the person on the receiving end could either answer or not. We didn't make a plan to chat. I miss those days. I have a couple of friends that I do it with, but not many now.

Rebecca - I hope your vertigo leaves soon. It sounds like you are really enjoying your new place. The pictures show how beautiful it is.

Machka - My daughter who was born a night owl, shared that a while ago on her facebook. She would much prefer to go to bed around 2-3 AM and start her day around 11-1. She has been fortunate for the most part where she has found schedules where she can do that.

I have heard that here in Canada at least there is a very strong flu going around this year. I know of one person, 53 years old otherwise perfectly healthy that has died from it. There were news reports of still more dying here and in Calgary, otherwise young healthy people.

Karen in NY - That sounds like a truly magical day.

Kelly - Michaela is freshly potty trained. She has had a couple of accidents in the last 2-3 weeks, but overall doing very well. Last night when they were visiting she went to the bathroom on her own. Pointed her finger at her Mother and I and said I got it. She went to the bathroom and we heard a commotion. Her Mother went in, and lo and behold her Grandfather hadn't put the seat down. She had fallen in. The next time she went in she asked me to come to make sure the seat was right first. LOL

Barbie - I hope you continue to have a good visit today.

Heather - 8K that is incredible. Good for you!

Pip - Thanks for sharing. Sometimes the heart just knows what is right and we have to listen to it. Your Mother was wrong, period end of sentence.

Allie - Enjoy your little holiday.

Well I have spent over 2 hours again this morning getting caught up on posts. I am way behind the 8 ball on what i need to get done for crafting today. I have a lot of cutting to do so that tomorrow when the girls are here we can do the assembly. I am also making shirts for Kaitlyn and Brodey as a shower gift on Saturday. In the midst of this Rodger has asked for a shirt as well. His is very easy and I have already designed it, I just need to cut it and make it. His shirt says "Feeling IDGAF-ish Today". It sums up his personality and he needs 7 of these shirts. LOL

I will post a pic of a couple of the projects that I've gotten cut and made in the next post. The coffee cup is for all of the girls attending the bachelorette party. It's a little risque so I'll put it in a spoiler.

Tracey in Edmonton

• Snowflake1968
    Options

A very small sampling of all of my projects. Between crafting and social media I don’t know how I had time to work.
    lx31uvlkxcuw.jpeg
    c5a3vwemdn13.jpeg
    2t43rvpb79e9.jpeg
    wvrav9srozr1.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,378 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I don't think you need to get a job, you could just sell your stuff. :D<3 Why not?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,746 Member
    Options
    L
  • grandmallie
    Options
    well i must say traffic or no traffic ,I hit the pillow and took a 2 hour nap... then put my bathing suit on and yikes.. it was one of my smaller ones and i squeezed into it and went down to the poo, the hot tub jets weren't working so only sat in that for a bit..
    I am debating if I want to get dressed and walk up to the venue to check it out or not .. on my own.. downtown Albany isn't the greatest but at least it is daylight...plus it is good for me.. so I might just do that.. there isn't alot to do around here.. as I am right off the highway.. but just relaxing is ok for me..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    DrKatie Oh that's so much grief and loss all at once. I am so sorry you have to deal with all of that at once. (((Hugs)))

Tracey Poor little Michaela! Is she afraid of the toilet now?

Pip Let out your despair over Lenny anytime. Did all of your family members shun you? How long did it take them to come around? You are a resilient survivor. And Kirby is a handsome devil.

_________

Grandson & family are getting kittens & a mama cat to foster tonight! Beyond exciting! He & his sister are over the moon with anticipation.

________

Karen in Virginia
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Heather - I would love to be able to do that, but it seems to be an over saturated market for this stuff right now here. I am planning on taking some better quality pictures though to post on our business fb page after the shower and such. If I get some responses from it, I'll be happy. Thanks for your confidence in me.

Karen in VA - Surprisingly no, she wasn't scared, she just confirmed that the seat was correct before she sat the second time. She is tall for her age, so can get up and down by herself quite easily. She is only 3, but is the size of most of the kindergarten students at her brother's school.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((Dr. Katie)))
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    I took cold medicine last night, so it was hard to get up this morning! Lee roused me up at 8am, then I finally got up at 9am, brushed my teeth, threw on workout clothes. Uuck! My knee is still achy, my neck achy from my vertigo bouts, my back wonky. Just a whiny wife these days. I went in the sauna, but didn't work out. I just don't bounce back like my husband does!
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: I love the happy faces of you and Jake in the photo. :smiley:

Pip: Kirby is such a lucky man. You were the very best possible catch for him. :star:

(((Dr. Katie))): I am so sorry for the loss of dear friends. :broken_heart::heart:

Rebecca: Feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

I called Apple about the iphone and have an appointment tomorrow at the Washington Square Mall to get it either repaired or replaced. The appointment is 11:40 am, so I should avoid all rush hour worries. DH seems to be in a low energy spot so I’ll be going on my own. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️ 1. weighed in 59;(weight back up!)
    ✔️ 2. tracked so far
    ✔️3. 30 min exercise
    ✔️ 4. five minutes meditation
    x 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yesterday
    x 6.produce at least 10-finished pages per day average long term yesterday(from May 13 to May19 )
    ✔️ 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    ✔️8. At least 15 min cleaning
    ✔️ 9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork
    x10.average 1100 calories net

• Overall Feeling : very stressed
    • Tracking : so far, so good
    • Exercise : 15 min elliptical+ 18 min steps, + 15 min cleaning
    • 1100 calories net average :smile: at least 200 over
    • Long term writing 2h: no
    • produce at least 10-finished pages per day average long term project yesterday(from May 13 to May19 ) yesterday : no
    • Short term writing/admin : yes, important mail sent out
    • Bright Spots : above checked off things, classes are over

Grateful :
    1. some nice collegues
    2.low key evening
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Tracey – you know something, I kind of wish Denise and Pete wouldn’t leave me alone for so long a period. Like they left here around 9, it’s 3 and I’m still here taking care of their dog. The cat has gotten attached to me, she followed me into the bathroom earlier. I’ve suggested they go out just themselves while I’m here. I bet they have dinner at his mother’s. I won’t get to see PJ for the next few months, his mother will get to see him all the time, she’ll be watching him while Denise goes to work and before she can take PJ to daycare. So she’ll see him every day. I realize they want to prove to me and to themselves that they can handle things on their own, but they don’t have to do it for 6 to 12 hours at a stretch. It’s not like I’m here all the time. I had a pot of water from when I made tea for myself, told Denise that she can use that water for the baby’s formula. What happened? They threw out the water and I see that Pete bought this “baby’s water” jug. You know, I sit here because I don’t know when they’ll be home. Now I’m looking for something to do. Who knows when they’ll get home? I called Denise to ask her if they’re going out to dinner tonight or is there something I can do to get dinner started. She said that she didn’t know.

Drkatie – I hope this mammo is clear. So much sadness!

Michele
    Who is going to find something to do. I’m sick of sitting around taking care of their pets
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele Have you considered leaving a day early? It sounds as if it will be a big relief to get back to your pool, ceramics, bowling, exercise, & water classes, all of which make you happy. If you are mainly baby sitting the dog & cat, it might be better to go home tomorrow.

Karen in Virginia
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Michele ... I don't know how long you've been with Denise and Pete, and I know that it will be hard to leave your new grandson, but maybe it's time to head home. Hugs.
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Pip-congrats on finding Kirby. Seems yours is a relationship meant to be. I’m sorry for the way your family treated you and Lenny. All the education in the world can’t make somebody change their views. I lost a very dear friend to HIV/AIDS in the late 80s. It’s a horrible disease that people are sadly still misinformed.

Connie in KY
  • grandmallie
    Options
    well I took my walk and and the time union center is less than 1/2 mile from here so I will walk over, and will get a ride back tomorrow night, dont want to walk on my own in the dark, Saterday I can walk.. back and forth