WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Hugs to Katie and Michele, especially.

My hubby and youngest son are going on a bonding trip this weekend, so my husband suggested that I could visit my mom. I hadn't thought of it because I had a thing I wanted to go to on Saturday, but it ended up being postponed, so I think I will go up tomorrow for a couple days. I want to spray paint her patio furniture, kind of give them a lift, and buy seat cushions for the chairs. I am hoping if I make it nicer for her, once it is warm (she lives on the Olympic peninsula in Washington, shaded by old growth trees, so not a lot of warmth!) maybe she would sit outside for a few minutes each day. It's not like she just sits around the house doing nothing, but she also doesn't just sit outside. Even if she doesn't do that -- the chairs will be more comfortable for me and much nicer for her to look at! :lol:

Crazy busy at work, so I better run. I'm sure there is more I wanted to comment on, but feeling overwhelmed especially for Katie and Michele right now.

Love to all.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ Go home Friday. They are not treating you right. JMHO
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA – the only reason I’m waiting until Sat. is because of the traffic, it most likely won’t be as heavy on the weekend. I would leave a day early, Beth, but Denise just told me that they’re going out to eat Fri (I’ll watch PJ). Plus, everyone will be rushing to get going for the weekend. Vince left on a Friday and it took him an extra hour. It usually takes about 9 hours.

Beth – I’ve been here since PJ was born on the 4th

I went for a walk at Cape Henlopen State Park, I didn’t think it was anything special. Denise just called and asked me to meet her at Ruby Tuesdays. Not that I’m particularly hungry, but I’ll go. Normally, I wouldn’t. Also bought gas

Michele who will let the dog out and then go to RT
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Been getting ready for our trip to Co. for dgs’s high school graduation. Got my pedicure, haircut and today got a facial. Just have laundry and packing to do after I play golf tomorrow.
    I agree with whoever said Michele wasn’t treated right. My daughter has planned almost every minute we will be with her. But she is a mana’s girl. Lol
    Will try to keep up while we are away.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,242 Member
    Options
    I've used a light sleeping eye mask for about a week. It has helped somewhat. My eyes haven't been as red and sore in the morning.

Last night I tried a larger, heavier one ... even better!

Who knew I could wake up in the morning with normal coloured eyes and minimal puffiness!

I also seem to be sleeping better ... deeper ...

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/earplugs-and-eye-masks-help-promote-sleep

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    Options
    Terrible as this may sound, when Denise called to say she was close to RT's, I didn't answer. Then I called her back a few minutes later saying that the reason I didn't answer was because I was taking the dog out. I kind of want to hopefully make them think. They left at 9, by the time we have dinner, they won't get back until around 9. I don't know if he can hold it for 12 hours. Plus...if there's any jealousy, he might display it you-know-how. But not my problem.....

Michele who is not going to rush
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ I can't imagine a new mother being gone all day like they are. I sympathize with you.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,748 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.07min, 13.4amph, 137mhr, 1.58mi= 74c
    apple watch- 65c
    TREADMILL walk/some sprints- 32min, 3-10sp, 148mhr, 1.68mi= 178c
    apple watch- 156c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.55min, 18.1amph, 139mhr, 1.48mi= 73c
    apple watch- 49c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.20min, 12.8amph, 146mhr,3.05mi= 154c
    apple watch- 116c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.57min, 149mhr, 9.42min mi.51mi= 71c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.15min, 9.18min mi, 150mhr, .45mi= 72c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm-21.20min, 7.5amph, 141mhr, 2.65mi= 220c
    apple watch- 139c

total 842
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,820 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Tracey – you know something, I kind of wish Denise and Pete wouldn’t leave me alone for so long a period. Like they left here around 9, it’s 3 and I’m still here taking care of their dog. The cat has gotten attached to me, she followed me into the bathroom earlier. I’ve suggested they go out just themselves while I’m here. I bet they have dinner at his mother’s. I won’t get to see PJ for the next few months, his mother will get to see him all the time, she’ll be watching him while Denise goes to work and before she can take PJ to daycare. So she’ll see him every day. I realize they want to prove to me and to themselves that they can handle things on their own, but they don’t have to do it for 6 to 12 hours at a stretch. It’s not like I’m here all the time. I had a pot of water from when I made tea for myself, told Denise that she can use that water for the baby’s formula. What happened? They threw out the water and I see that Pete bought this “baby’s water” jug. You know, I sit here because I don’t know when they’ll be home. Now I’m looking for something to do. Who knows when they’ll get home? I called Denise to ask her if they’re going out to dinner tonight or is there something I can do to get dinner started. She said that she didn’t know.

Drkatie – I hope this mammo is clear. So much sadness!

Michele
    Who is going to find something to do. I’m sick of sitting around taking care of their pets

They shouldn’t be leaving you for that long, I don’t think they are treating you right. I’m sorry this is not the happybtome it should be for you all.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,004 Member
    Options
    :) Visit with family went well today. SIL is coming to my dance class tomorrow morning. Jake is having a great time with his brother. Now I'm tired and heading for bed.
  • exermom
    Options
    Well, we did go to Ruby Tuesday. When I first got there I couldn't figure out who was with them. Then I realized it was Maria. I do have to admit, even tho it really isn't right, I did have a bit of jealousy, I hadn't seen him in 11 hours, he was in the car seat the whole time, they took Maria home and got here about 11:30. If I hadn't been here, the dog wouldn't have gone out from 9 to 11:30. Now they're giving PJ a bath and I'm not allowed in the bathroom, "there isn't enough room", not even in the background, in the closet even off the bathroom. In a way I can't wait for Sat. to be here. When they got home, Denise put him in the bed, I couldn't even hold him. I guess she doesn't see it.

I did tell her and also Pete that they should go to the movies or something before or after they go out, make it a date night.

I know they want to know that they can take care of the baby, but I'm not going to see him for months. I just wish I could hold him.

Maybe I'm making too much out of all this.

Michele
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,820 Member
    Options
    Michele - I don’t think you are making too much of this at all. They both seem to be very inconsiderate and selfish acting right now. Have you had any alone time with Denise to tell her how you feel?
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️ 1. weighed in 58.9
    ✔️ 2. tracked yesterday
    ✔️3. 30 min exercise yesterday
    ✔️ 4. five minutes meditation yesterday
    x 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yesterday
    x 6.produce at least 10-finished pages per day average long term yesterday(from May 13 to May19 )
    ✔️ 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) yesterday
    ✔️8. At least 15 min cleaning yesterday
    ✔️ 9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork yesterday
    x10.average 1100 calories net yesterday

• Overall Feeling : not bad
    • Tracking yesterday: 200 over
    • Exercise yesterday : 15 min elliptical+ 18 min steps, + 15 min cleaning
    • 1100 calories net average yesterday : at least 200 over
    • Long term writing 2h yesterday: no
    • produce at least 10-finished pages per day average long term project yesterday(from May 13 to May19 ) yesterday : no
    • Short term writing/admin yesterday: yes, important mail sent out
    • Bright Spots : sunny day, made good use of insomnia, looked up some interesting and useful info and wrote a mail

Grateful :
    1. some nice collegues
    2. sunny day
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug I'm so sorry for that tragedy. that's so upsetting
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,242 Member
    Options
    Michele - Have you had any alone time with Denise to tell her how you feel?

Yes ... this ^^

Have you talked to Denise about it?

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Katie - singly, it would be hard enough, but to have that much death and sadness in your life at once is so very overwhelming. Many hugs.

Tracey
    - it sounds as if you did everything right for the interview - they'd be missing out if they DON'T hire you. Proud of you!

Michele - No advice from me, just big hugs from Arkansas.

Taking my second sick day in a row, between the cold/allergies, anemia, and the heavy antibiotics, just walking around in a fog. Another test (for C.diff) came through and was negative, which is great. C.diff colitis landed me in the hospital for eight days many years ago, it's no joke. Glad I don't have it. However, doesn't explain the original issues that drove the anemia and other symptoms that haven't actually cleared up. I have to get a message back to the doc today to tell her that those continue. We'll see what's next.

But on the bright side, I start taking iron today, and hope to at least get my usual energy levels back soon. I've missed those. And the respiratory thing has progressed to the froggy voice, and past the "three boxes of Kleenex in three days" thing, which I'm also grateful for. A little mild TMI for your day:
    Just seriously sick and tired of all the different substances that this body can produce being expelled in rapid and icky floods of noxious semi-liquid substances from every single orifice that I came installed with except my ears. And even my ears itch like mad :smiley: .

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,833 Member
    Options
    Awww Lisa hope you can get to the bottom of it...and soon...
    Slept alright was awake in the middle of the night for a few hours..
    They have full breakfast at the hotel... but keeping up with the Keto with scrambled eggs and some bacon.. and my tea..depending on the weather want to get to the venue at 3 to get a good seat.. which means standing outside for a couple of hours..ugh what I wouldn't do for a good bagel with cream cheese..
  • exermom
    Options
    Tracey – Denise did come and tell me that she was just freaked out because it was the first time she gave PJ a bath. It really was probably my fault. I probably should have asked if they wanted any help instead of assuming that they did. I did go into their room later and hug her and tell her that she’s doing an awesome job. But I did mention that I hadn’t seen PJ in over 11 hours and I won’t see him for months, that I really want to help. I’m going to apologize to Denise today and tell her that I probably should have asked instead of assuming that she’d want help. Maybe I’ll suggest that just she and I go out shopping. There will be times when Pete is alone with the baby. We won't be gone long, just long enough for him to see that

Someone sent Denise a diaper bag so she returned it. Maria was saying how she got PJ some clothes (more), Pete came back from the store with 2 outfits, plus they said they got more clothes at the store when they exchanged the diaper bag. Really, this kid is going to have more clothes than he can wear.

She said that it cost her $200 to board the dog for 4 days to come see us. I know that the girl by us charges only $35 a visit. I bet Pete’s mother would come and let Rex out probably for nothing. He’s gone for a few days without a walk – he did it when Denise was in the hospital

It’s funny, Pete got some things of his off one boat since now he’ll be on another one. He told me to help myself to anything, it’s all organic and natural. Ahhh….I don’t think Ritz crackers are organic, Fruit Gushers are not natural. Neither is Jiff peanut butter or taco seasoning mix, or Bisquick shake and pour pancake mix. Actually, nothing was organic. To this I just smile. I guess what they need on this boat is food that is non-perishable.

Michele who bought them more cinnamon and raisin bagels but wouldn’t pay the price for Thomas’ so got Great Value brand and just put the in the Thomas’ bag. They’ll never know the difference