The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @DCRunnerGirl78 Happy AF Day 1!!! Prayers, thoughts, and good vibes going out for you and your family.

@heatheramoure Congrats on the 2.5!

I think today is day 65 for me... Mother's Day went well. My dad brought his bottle of scotch over, brother-in-law brought beer, I stuck with water. Apparently I'm not the conversationalist that I am when I'm drunk. People didn't hang out as long as normal....

Oh well.

Day 65(?) Good day. Y'all hang tough!

Good job!! Remember it is not you and not being as much of a conversationalist, but those that are having to drink.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Good Morn to All <3 Back at my dog sitting digs for a few days.

Hello @salleewins Good to hear from you!! <3 AND a reminder to me that @kevinrfletcher has been missing in action for a bit...although, perhaps he's away again. I cannot recall, but I'm vaguely thinking that....

I was writing an email this morn & my laptop FROZE, tried escape and all kinds of tricks but couldn't even shut it off. The battery is screwed in and to access it I would have to unscrew the entire bottom cover and didn't want to mess with it that way...if I could have just pulled the battery out, that would have been my solution, but would need a precision tool for the 10 wee screws which is at my house too far away. Even when I plugged the power cord in, it didn't register that it was plugged in. Waited for 30 mins then called support and they offered to fix it remotely for $85 and then $14 a month for a service agreement. It was tempting, but not big on remote control...trust issue with having Joe Blow, who I don't know, having complete control over & access to my stuff. Plus the ongoing fee forever and that is only for service, not replacement parts etc.

Anyway, was thinking of taking it to a local fixer, but tried one last thing: pressed escape AND the power button for a few secs and POOF it went off. Left it for a minute and voila, it is working once again. It's only a year old, but I am old-school forgetting there is no integrity in products anymore, and the level of service sucks usually...most companies just want to continue to get $$ from you for pretty much nothing...just cause!

HEY, I just thought of something, the Techno-tard just "fixed" her laptop...WOOHOO.....!! You GO girl ;)

It is RAINING here AGAIN r-r-r-r-!! But, hey, it isn't frozen rain so I suppose I will be grateful!!

Have a great AF day to y'all <3

PS The support chick told me that any computer should be tuned up every 6 months....HUH???? Has anyone heard that or does anyone do that???? Just curious....
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @JenT304 It must be hard for you with your daughter so far away. It's great to have Skype etc but not the same. Glad you had a great visit! <3