The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• Sunshinelinzee
    Sunshinelinzee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    @Sunshinelinzee Makes perfect sense. I remember listening to an interview with Billy Idol and he had much the same sentiment - basically he said "tell me I can't ever drink again, and I'll go out and get drunk. So, for today, I'm choosing to not do that." I can be the same way about some things!

I am 100% ok being like Billy Idol. :smiley:
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @whitpauly YEP on the sour taste of others profiting from another's suffering...It's different to be compensated for time & effort helping someone else to get healthier. I have no issue with that, but some of the fees these guys charge for their courses seems steep to me and then the solicitation for more & more $$$ just seems greedy and makes me question their motive at that point, & then I kinda lose interest...

Having said all that, I do appreciate the freebies and take full advantage of those things.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    @donimfp I also re read everything and I don't think anyone was offended by anything you said! Please continue to contribute to the thread!
    I have been so busy helping my daughter with her kids (they just moved on Tuesday) that I had to read about 50 messages to catch up. Everyone is doing so well! Welcome to the new people!
    I have GOT to step it up with my fitness and dieting goals. I look and feel like a bus. I bought some of that fiber powder you put into a beverage.......benefiber "healthy shape" LOL I hope. I just had my first glass of it and it DOES make me feel full. Has anyone else used this stuff and had any luck with it helping curb the appetite?
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Jen,I've never tried the benefiber but there's fiber in my protein powder so yeah it makes me full,go easy though cuz sometimes extra fiber too fast can cause gas :s