JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Glad the glitches with MFP seem to be worked out. Missed being able to read in the forums during my morning and lunch walk!

Love the quote about not vacationing in the past--it is very meaningful to me and it is easy to drop back there.

Thursday, June 6, 2019
    Log Accurately :)
    60 Minutes intentional walking :)
    Get a couple of work projects completed in between contract meetings :)
    Stop by store :)
    Try to finish ironing? :)

Friday, June 7, 2019
    Log Accurately
    60 Minutes intentional walking
    Be attentive at Synod Assembly

Not sure what Assembly will be like. It takes place Friday and Saturday. Will be a lot of sitting, but I am parking at our church, then walking up the hill on campus where meeting takes place. I figure on break times I can sneak outside and get some steps in. It isn't just for the exercise per se, but I get stiff sitting too long. At least this will be a different experience for me--one more thing to try as I redefine myself and my life.

I really enjoy seeing the progress everyone makes on their goals. Hope to get better at responding.

Ginny in Ohio
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Yikes running really late this am. But long run done as promised so feeling happy - good way to end the week! Will be on here later - have a good day all x

Thursday goals recap:
    - pack snacks and post-gym breakfast ✅
    - Warrior class 6:30am ✅
    - prep for assembly meeting on arrival ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - sort gifts for kids’ parties at the weekend
    - homework sheets and update email ✅
    - leave by 4:30 ✅
    - cafe with kids to meet N ✅
    - home for shopping delivery by 7 ✅
    - lay out running gear ✅
    - June challenge. G, B& U ✅ going to have my protein shake snack and close the diary in a bit
    - bed by 9:30 ❎ don’t know why I bother with this one as I rarely manage it!

Friday goals:
    - morning run ✅ 10 miles in 1:34 v happy to have managed that having struggled with the shorter run on Tuesday
    - pack snacks ✅
    - stick in sheets on arrival
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - do GaG cert before leaving
    - check final resources for next week
    - parent email replies
    - leave by 5
    - hot yoga after work?
    - health food store
    - June challenge G,B U
    - bed by 10

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 7 June

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    April challenge
    May challenge
    June challenge

I didn't post goals yesterday as I knew I'd not meet them but today I will buckle down and start the process of loosing to get back into my maintenance range. I will also unpack and Put it all away (I'm not good at that), go shopping for food and start on the 6 weeks accumulation of post and associated tasks.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 948 Member
    Options

JFT 6th June

Log everything no, really bad at logging just now
    Stay in the green mmm, definitely under maintenance
    Back exercises no
    Make physio appointment forgot
    Walk with friend yes, countryside is lovely at this time of year
    Long overdue haircut yes
    Visit parents, do their shopping yes
    Gardening thought about it, didn't happen

JFT 7th June

Stay under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Make physio appointment
    Visit parents
    Make phone calls, hate doing this! ("Your call is important to us...")
    Garden before it rains
    Prep for work tomorrow

Don't really feel like much today, but will push on and get things done. I know I'll feel better by the evening if I've got a lot done.

Happy Friday everyone :)

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    Friday

- June Challenge
    - Gym/Exercise
    - 4 cups of water
    - Walk dog this evening.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym
    3. Healthy snack after dinner
    4. Meditate
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/

Drink lots of water
    2 glasses of wine at dinner only
    Deep breathing meditation as needed
    30 minutes exercise

I am holding it together, though I had a few glasses of wine yesterday afternoon which I don't usually do during the week, to just deal with my emotions. Not the best response but I honestly don't even know how to cope with my Dad's visit in any other way. He doesn't like to do anything, so we end up just sitting around and staring at our phones or watching tv. Then I have anxiety that he's bored. Today I have the whole day with him, and my goal is to not use an unhealthy coping mechanism. So I'm going to take him to the city, and we can walk around a cool neighborhood. He can't really do much because he has his little dog with him everywhere, so we can't go biking or ride on the new scooters. My city is really dog friendly but there are still limitations.

Anyway, he his leaving tomorrow morning so I only have to get through one more day.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Goals today(and everyday)...
    Continue tracking logging all I eat
    Stay within my numbers
    Have positive thoughts
    Hope everyone enjoys their day
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM run - 3 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT.
    2. TYPE REFLECTIVE ESSAY. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting. Duo between sets.
    3. Proof reflective essay and submit. Draft project. Dinner with B.
    4. Chop celery. Prep cheese. Build saag. Laundry; hang dress.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Next Thursday is lunch with A; need to set time.

JFT Friday
    1. Draft project. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT. Pack lunch. LOG.
    2. Leave for park by 8:45. 5k steps by 1:00, 10k by 4:00, 15k by 7:00, 20k by 10:00.
    3. No extra snacks! Read articles for project.
    4. Meds. Shower. Bed. No alarm. Next Thursday is lunch with A; need to set time.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I finally caught up reading everything. Big hugs to all who need it, you are all amazing!

Yesterday we were approved for our home loan, so that was really exciting.

The 4 point inspection went pretty well except for one area.. The roof. They said it has about 2-5 years left (it is the original roof from 2005) but it is definitely showing some wear, especially in the front where it gets the most sun.

I'm not really sure what all that means for us, we're going to have a roofer come out and assess everything. Regardless of whether or not the seller will pay for any repair or replacement, I do think we should still buy this house.. Everything else is in great condition, AC and hot water heater are brand new, it's quite large for the price and the location is unbeatable. I'm not sure I want to tell the seller that though!

Of course this has me stressing out now so I overate yesterday but I managed to stop around maintenance calories, so I am proud of myself for that! I need to not give in to my anxiety. I just want to buy the house and have everything go smoothly..I want it so bad.

Anyways..I hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 6/6:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Finish work at 4😁
    4. Workout after work😁
    5. Seriously now..get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!😞

JFT 6/7:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish work at 5:15
    4. Walk after work
    5. Seriously now..get prescription refilled!!!!!!!!!
    6. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    asclepsia wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB;c-43778878"]@asclepsia Hi! Good to see you this morning! Awesome news about your decreased cholesterol at your checkup! I've not heard of a pipe organ guild test. Pipe organ music is beautiful so I'll bet it was an incredible experience! Thanks for checking in. You've been missed!

Thank you for your kind words. The organ where I took the test is magnificent— even chopsticks would sound good on it! My computer is in the repair shop, so I’m attempting to log in with my iPad; the format is different. I haven’t kept up with calorie counting either—same reason. Looking forward to getting my computer back, so that I can get back into my routine.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    korina75 wrote: »
    JFT 6/

Drink lots of water
    2 glasses of wine at dinner only
    Deep breathing meditation as needed
    30 minutes exercise

I am holding it together, though I had a few glasses of wine yesterday afternoon which I don't usually do during the week, to just deal with my emotions. Not the best response but I honestly don't even know how to cope with my Dad's visit in any other way. He doesn't like to do anything, so we end up just sitting around and staring at our phones or watching tv. Then I have anxiety that he's bored. Today I have the whole day with him, and my goal is to not use an unhealthy coping mechanism. So I'm going to take him to the city, and we can walk around a cool neighborhood. He can't really do much because he has his little dog with him everywhere, so we can't go biking or ride on the new scooters. My city is really dog friendly but there are still limitations.

Anyway, he his leaving tomorrow morning so I only have to get through one more day.

Hope youre okay? I dont know the background story of this but just hang in there? *hugs*
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Thursday:

1. Weigh in :)
    2. no social eating at work :)
    3. start tracking food :neutral:
    4. 10,000 steps :) 12,843
    5. at least 8C water :) 10
    6. major gardening! :)

Friday:
    1. Weigh in
    2. no social eating at work
    3. start tracking food
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. at least 8C water
    6. more gardening!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Jacqui2494 - I don’t like a gym either, I have paid for a membership on two separate occasions and won’t ever again. How is the new baby and your daughter? Is the baby a boy or girl?

Zizzybumble - how long are you home for before you go back?

Littleblackskirt - wouldn’t it be nice if humans still answered phones? Calling any big corporation or government office is such a pain.

Bex953172 - oh no! Sorry about the dog. It really is disheartening when you clean and the kids wreck it. Do they have a separate area to play in, or just the main living area?

Wannabeskinnycat - love the Dr. Seuss.

Korina75 - almost done hang in there.

Aubyshortcake - 2-5 years down the road isn’t too bad, but if they knock a little off the price it would be even better.

Bookmeister86 - you are probably done everything now for your French exam I hope it went well for you. How long before you get results?

Lafayettenana - June challenge is to log everything accurately the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.