I'm Bulletproof

Options

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    I don't like or put butter or ghee in coffee either and see all the different points and opinions. I do use protein powder and like the methodology she uses
    My thinking was mire about how the majority of responses were so against having structure and not eating things many feel are actually good. There is no one answer.
    I work in fitness, supplements and know the trends, fads and have seen people use every way they can to get to be where they want, then most fall back into old habits.

I was mainly struck by the similarity in experience going from vegan to low carb. Whats even more impressed upon me is how completely against the high fat plans I was until I started this sever add l months ago.
    Another thing is she is not full " keto" which is the rage right now. Keto was designed for medical, short term purposes as an aggressive approach for seisures.
    So point being, maybe its a matter of the share( seversl year old post, I know) that hit home to me, and I was looking into over all basis and not all specifics.
    That being said, I practice a Meditteranian style diet, not so much oil as monounsaturated foods. Its just like we are allgoingto a destination but on different paths.
    Lets all be supportive rather than defensive or anti. I think its great if ppl can feel good about a jelly doughnut and loose weight. I tried this and felt disgusting, but thats me.

My vasis also is religious and SPIRITUAL too so its different than many I see post.

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    As I read the OP’s post from 5 years ago, I found myself wondering what ahe eats when she is not at home and most of her very specialized food options are not available.
  • sheloves89
    sheloves89 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that it's working for you, though I suspect your weight loss is attributable more to your caloric intake than to the foods that you're getting.

Just be careful!

Your brain is the largest consumer of glucose in your body, and it preferentially uses sugar over any other nutrient (not just for energy production, but as the pieces used to make neurotransmitters). The average brain consumes about 120g of glucose a day.

Recent studies in mice have found that high-fat diets are associated with increased brain cell stress in as few as 3 days.

We need fats in our diets, too, of course - but everything in balance! Sugar/carbohydrates are plentiful in naturally healthful foods (such as nuts, seeds, leafy greens, produce, etc.) and we have evolved to survive on those things.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    dmenchac wrote: »
    Or you can just eat whatever you want while watching your calorie intake and lose 2 lbs a weeks, aka the same amount you lost.

But hey, whatever works.

Was just about to say- I ate nothing but junk the past two weeks and somehow still managed to lose the same amount of weight and inches as the op. Doesn't matter what you eat as long as it fits your calories,you will lose weight op. No need for all the...I don't even know what to call it. You do you though,glad it works for you.