What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Options

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    mcr28vgd6yih.png
    Red cabbage + apple sauerkraut - tastes best really cold. Still eating plenty of blueberries (fresh) & jars of preserves (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries). Some people eat candy as a sweet treat...others simply enjoy fruit

And then there's me - I can totally get down with either (or both) :lol:

As to the picture, I have never seen or considered anything like this, but now I'm intrigued!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Would just like to say I forgot how much I love fresh peaches and apricots... just tossed some slices with goat cheese. Yum!

:love: I prefer nectarines because the fuzz annoys me (not that I would turn down a peach!) but yes those summer stone fruits are perfection! I'll add plums to the list too!

I'm the same way about the fuzz, though I'll eat them if there's no nectarines around!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    mcr28vgd6yih.png
    Red cabbage + apple sauerkraut - tastes best really cold. Still eating plenty of blueberries (fresh) & jars of preserves (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries). Some people eat candy as a sweet treat...others simply enjoy fruit

And then there's me - I can totally get down with either (or both) :lol:

As to the picture, I have never seen or considered anything like this, but now I'm intrigued!

It's like the Eastern European equivalent to Koreans and Kim chi
    Best get "old-fashion version" usually in glass jars; more commercialized versions (usually canned) just taste quite nasty - a bit off putting taste from sodium metabisulfate, sodium benzoate vs. plain old salt.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Would just like to say I forgot how much I love fresh peaches and apricots... just tossed some slices with goat cheese. Yum!

:love: I prefer nectarines because the fuzz annoys me (not that I would turn down a peach!) but yes those summer stone fruits are perfection! I'll add plums to the list too!

I'm not a fan of nectarines! Or plums... just prefer the flavor of peaches and apricots!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I try 2 new foods per week. Past few weeks have been healthy greens. Last week was baby bok choy and mustard greens, this week is leeks and dandelion greens.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    lbsansouci wrote: »
    I try 2 new foods per week. Past few weeks have been healthy greens. Last week was baby bok choy and mustard greens, this week is leeks and dandelion greens.

This is a fun idea! I have tried spaghetti squash and bok choy but have never cooked them so I bought both and stir-fried the bok choy. I'm still deciding on a spaghetti squash recipe. Yesterday's grocery choice was a rutabaga which I've never tasted. I'm a little nervous as it's in the cabbage family and I'm not much of a cabbage eater! I'm having fun cooking new things though!
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Can be a new product you're loving or a simple ingredient you can't live without.

Me? Coconut manna. Love it! Also into homemade cucumber feta dip with fresh vegetables ...

GOLDEN OREOS AND RAMEN!!! ITS ALL I THINK ABOUT!!
  • JCLewis7
    JCLewis7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Korean cucumber salad. It's crunchy, salty, spicy, zingy, and very low in calories.
    Also air popped popcorn with salt and vinegar seasoning. Yum.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Lowfat cottage cheese

Favorite brand?
  • rowyourboat
    rowyourboat Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Clio greek yogurt bars are such a delicious dessert!
  • punkykid
    punkykid Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can't stop eating hummus with almost everything -- carrots, cucumbers, pita.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Lately its jalapeno pepper jelly. You guys. This *kitten* goes with everything.
  • beckyrpl
    beckyrpl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    a slice of Dave's Killer bread spread with Sabra hummus, a few slices of tomato and a Morningstar faux chicken patty. Breakfast of champions!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Anything pickled. I have been a pickling fool lately. I have been putting pickled red onion on everything. I recently had a "plethora of pickled things" appetizer at a restaurant that had the most interesting pickled celery with a fennel seasoning. I am going to try that sometime soon.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Roasted butternut squash. We grew some in our garden this year-- peel and seed it, dice it. Toss with EVOO and some salt and pepper and maybe some garlic or onion powder. 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Top with a little REAL butter. So creamy I could die.
  • floofyschmoofer
    Options
    Also, Chobani Orange Cream greek yogurt.
  • floofyschmoofer
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Anything pickled. I have been a pickling fool lately. I have been putting pickled red onion on everything. I recently had a "plethora of pickled things" appetizer at a restaurant that had the most interesting pickled celery with a fennel seasoning. I am going to try that sometime soon.

We made some really awesome spicy pickles from cukes we grew. I can only eat like, 2 pieces at a time 'cause they pack some serious heat but they have the best flavor.

• biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, lots of popcorn.