Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    My husband is going on business travel this week, and I'm super excited to make a huge sheet pan of roasted Brussel sprouts! He hates the smell. I'll be wallowing in those come Tuesday with sweet potato toast and runny eggs.

Sweet potato toast recipe please:)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    I like to volume eat in the evening, dinner is my favorite meal and I often don't want the meal to end. I try to eat lots of veg with supper and a good filling meat. Vegetables with shrimp or salmon is nice :) Or if I feel snackish, turkey slices with pickles wrapped in em

My favorite meal is salmon with half a plate of veggies. Easy, fast, and tastes amazing every time!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Who is coming over? Never mind. All gone now lol but it was enough for two, I swear. And the whole thing? Not even 400cal dinner.

v9irkmrhut7j.jpg

HAHA, that is my kind of meal! My family always joke when I am cooking myself a meal "wow thanks for making enough for all of us". :D

Is that rice in the back or cauliflower "rice"?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Woah. Super late to the party, but glad I found this thread!
  • geiznekcm
    geiznekcm Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Who is coming over? Never mind. All gone now lol but it was enough for two, I swear. And the whole thing? Not even 400cal dinner.

v9irkmrhut7j.jpg

HAHA, that is my kind of meal! My family always joke when I am cooking myself a meal "wow thanks for making enough for all of us". :D

Better than rice konjac rice with some saffron mixed in. In the yellow curry 200g pollock and veggies.

Konjac (or shirataki) is a staple for me.
    I wish it weren't so costly, though. May I ask where you purchase yours?
    Any advice for the most frugal?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    geiznekcm wrote: »

v9irkmrhut7j.jpg

Better than rice konjac rice with some saffron mixed in. In the yellow curry 200g pollock and veggies.

I get that...love the Better Than Rice product...although the only one I've come across is at my local natural food store @ $5/bag. I don't purchase too often because of that.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options

v9irkmrhut7j.jpg

I am on Canada and we pay $3.99 a package for rice. Noodles are much cheaper at Asian shops for $1.50 a box.

California, and a crazy expensive area because SF proximity.
    Asian stores for the WIN- $1-ish at Ranch99.

• widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My husband is going on business travel this week, and I'm super excited to make a huge sheet pan of roasted Brussel sprouts! He hates the smell. I'll be wallowing in those come Tuesday with sweet potato toast and runny eggs.

@tthickens637 to make sweet potato toast cut a sweet potato into 1/4 inch slices, pop in toaster and toast like you would bread. Super easy and yum 😊
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

v9irkmrhut7j.jpg

I am on Canada and we pay $3.99 a package for rice. Noodles are much cheaper at Asian shops for $1.50 a box.

Ranch 99 has lots of great produce and all sorts of other things at super low prices compared to other stores in CA. My favorite things to get there are Chinese eggplant, Bok choy (they have all sorts of varieties I’ve never seen before), snap peas, cabbage, Persian cucumbers, Chinese long beans,etc. I also get rice wine vinegar and things like that for great prices. It’s a volume eater’s (and someone that likes to experiment with exotic produce and ingredients) paradise!
    I also find lots of treasures at roadside farm stands and farmers markets.
  • tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    widgit808 wrote: »

@tthickens637 to make sweet potato toast cut a sweet potato into 1/4 inch slices, pop in toaster and toast like you would bread. Super easy and yum 😊

Wow!!! Now that's my kind of cooking. 😆 Thank You.
  • redcase
    redcase Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    and just over 1600cal

Oh my! :o If volume eating was about the volume of calories in one meal, you would be winning!

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Watches a YouTube video that showed people making a konjac or however you spell it. Nurses catch spell. Lol looked awesome!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I had problems finishing this gochujang young jackfruit with peas, butternut squash on konjaku noodles. All of this here for 300cal dinner. I am stuffed. Very very stuffed.

jdh73cr86r12.jpg

@just_Tomek I have a can of jackfruit I’m scared of. Any prep advice?
  • psychod787
    edited June 2019
    Options
    pennyilene wrote: »
    I’m still kind of new to MFP app and community and looking for new meal ideas. My calorie allowance is 1200 per day. So when I found this thread it was like finding a treasure! There are so many great ideas here!

1200 calories is just enough to keep the lights on for a young female......
  • pennyilene
    pennyilene Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @psychod787

1200 calories is just enough to keep the lights on for a young female......[/quote]

I’m eating lots of vegetables, protein at every meal and a small amount of starchy carbs at each meal, and 2 snacks! Lol! Not hungry eating that much food! I have picked up a lot of great ideas on this thread on eating a lot of healthy food while keeping my calories down. I’m still working towards my GW, about 40 lbs away. 😊
  • psychod787
    Options
    @psychod787

I’m eating lots of vegetables, protein at every meal and a small amount of starchy carbs at each meal, and 2 snacks! Lol! Not hungry eating that much food! I have picked up a lot of great ideas on this thread on eating a lot of healthy food while keeping my calories down. I’m still working towards my GW, about 40 lbs away. 😊
    [/quote]

Sorry... none of my business. Wrong thread for this anyways...
  • pennyilene
    pennyilene Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    @psychod787

Sorry... none of my business. Wrong thread for this anyways...[/quote]

Don’t apologize! I welcome friends, advice, meal ideas...anything to help me on my journey! Thank you! 😊