JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    daneejela wrote: »
    I haven't posted goals today because I still feel a bit out of sync with myself because of the lack of sleep last few days. But I'll write a few successes instead:
    - ate light lunch and dinner
    - junk food free day
    - low dairy day
    - made progress on testing
    - being in a positive mindset about my life in general
    - danced on a few songs
    - translated two French songs

I'll do the same as yesterday, and just list my done goals retroactively:
    - ate light lunch and dinner
    - junk food free day
    - low diary day
    - made progress on the new technology (K.)
    - being in a positive mindset about my life in general
    - danced on a few songs
    - (relatively) dressed up
    - handled phonecalls
    - updated vision board
    - felt grateful
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Saskia is a reading machine!!
    She got a new book today. There were lots of tricky words (there, were, these, blue) where the phonics dont match the sound kind of thing.
    She read a bit on the way home from school but needed quite a bit of help. When we got home she said she wanted to go to her room (i assumed to play with her toys) but instead she read the book over and over annd she can now read it!! We d just read it again before bed. And i can still hear her reading it now lol!

As a year 1 teacher this makes me so happy for you. Go Saskia! I don’t know what your school does re books for the holidays, but if you don’t get given any it’s definitely worth heading to the library so she can keep it up over the long break. So many kids slip back so it’s great to keep the momentum going x

• Faebert
    Options
    I’m caught up now I think and seeing lots of good news on here. Echoing the love and support for @nlmackey98 and so glad you felt able to share on here.

@daneejela - thank you. And thanks for all your wise words for everyone here.

Getting caught up vicariously in the wedding fever @snowflake1968 and @AJB1014 - so exciting!

@HEGoddard0928 - hope the acupuncture works and Matt can do it!

Lots of love to you all. Heading up for an early night. Work is too bonkers to even bother describing. Just going to keep trucking on and hopefully come up for air soon x
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Monday 17 June

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)

Good night everyone.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yay, made it through Monday, broke the binge cycle. Managed 30 mins of kettle bells and did 1700 Cal's (100 over but I got a good bit of activity in) worked out I have 53 days until hols so could definitely be feeling strong and healthy by then.

Hope you all did well, c ya tomorrow :)
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 6/17 recap
    30 minutes exercise 😁
    Water!!! 😁
    No alcohol 😁
    Healthy choices-be mindful 😁

Good reset day and kept to my goals. 😁
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Just got home from Kaitlyn’s at 11 pm. Calling it an early night tonight because I got called for a second interview tomorrow!!!!!

I am meeting the same two ladies and the lady that retired that I will be replacing. Very excited it sounds promising. As soon as the interview is over I’m heading to Kaitlyn’s with her car to go for her final dress fitting. I’m more nervous about that than I am the interview.

Kaitlyn is doing a “Story of Us” table. She spent the evening laying out the table arrangement and figuring out which pictures she wanted printed. I’ll post a pic of her layout. I’m so happy for her, all of her wedding dreams are coming true.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    c9bkx087tmxj.jpeg
  • Faebert
    Options
    Just got home from Kaitlyn’s at 11 pm. Calling it an early night tonight because I got called for a second interview tomorrow!!!!!

I am meeting the same two ladies and the lady that retired that I will be replacing. Very excited it sounds promising. As soon as the interview is over I’m heading to Kaitlyn’s with her car to go for her final dress fitting. I’m more nervous about that than I am the interview.

Kaitlyn is doing a “Story of Us” table. She spent the evening laying out the table arrangement and figuring out which pictures she wanted printed. I’ll post a pic of her layout. I’m so happy for her, all of her wedding dreams are coming true.

Ooh good luck! So exciting. And just 💕 at your joy for your girl x
  • Faebert
    Options
    Just done my workout so want to set goals before I head up to get ready for work.

Monday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅
    - pack snacks and schoolbags ✅
    - call gym ❎and car insurance ✅
    - email B mum to confirm cooking session✅
    - draft letter to surveyor ✅
    - call electrician❎
    - home lunchtime for car and shake✅
    - leave by 5✅
    - bed by 9:30 ❎

Tuesday goals:
    - morning workout ✅
    - finish intervention map doc ✅
    - pack snacks and schoolbags
    - check class is ok then head to cover year 4
    - order craft and cooking stuff
    - home lunchtime for car and shake
    - call gym guy!
    - get docs signed
    - cash for piano teacher
    - June challenge (forgot this yesterday but I did do it)
    - leave by 5:30
    - bed by 9:30

Have a great day everyone x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Be in the green with a deficit :smiley:
    - 4 bottles water :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Go to gym :smile:
    - No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral: Didn't really have any yesterday, motivation was high
    - Give myself credit! :neutral:
    - Stay positive :smile:
    - Do job application :neutral:Didn't actually get it finished, but I did lots of work for it planning what will go in it so I should be able to get it done at the weekend. I found two others to maybe apply for as well.
    - Buy thread and cards :smile:
    - Pluck eyebrows! :smile:
    - Sort out emails :/
    - If time, make notes on 7 habits of effective people :/
    - Read response cards x2 :neutral:Just one - although this was a good one as I remade all of them with updated reasons that really mean something to me. I was pretty honest in them as well, e.g. 'I don't want to end up in and out of hospital with heart disease like nana and grandad'...
    - Meditate :smile:
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo :neutral:Ran out of time, Duolingo only
    - Talk to boyfriend in French >:)
    - Gratitude journal :smiley:
    - Lights off by 11 :neutral:

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Finish work by 6.30pm
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Weekly calorie balance: 680 in green (had quite a deficit yesterday, did not eat back any of my exercise calories... Feeling a little hungry this morning so mustn't over compensate!)

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation

June challenge (Logging/ Meditation):

June 10th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 11th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 12th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 13th: :smiley::smiley:
    June 14th: >:):smiley:
    June 15th: >:):smiley:
    June 16th: :smiley::smiley:

@Snowflake1968 Losing and regaining the same 5lb is annoying isn't it?! I think maybe we need to be content with slower weight loss and focus on learning and maintaining new habits rather than focusing too much on losing. I listened to an interesting podcast yesterday (recommended by @Faebert) that talked about this. The lady on that was aiming to lose 20lb in TEN YEARS. That seems very slow, but if you think that in the end she will end up 20lb lighter (presumably) then that's a big win! Puts me in mind of that fable the Tortoise and the Hare. Maybe we should aim to be more like the tortoise.

@daneejela Thank you for your encouragement! It is definitely harder to stay motivated near the goal weight as you are already much happier with your body and are not sure the extra few pounds will make much difference. I have rewritten my 'response' cards though to remind myself of the reasons that I still do want to lose more. They mainly focus on having more energy to run (an extra few pounds to lug around does make a difference), being able to wear some clothes that I'm currently avoiding wearing because my stomach protrudes just a little too much - but also, that I do actually want to have a healthy lifestyle because I want to stay healthy. Hopefully looking at these will reduce the number of times I skip! Your board sounds interesting, what sort of pictures do you have on it (if you don't mind answering?) I have only been at my goal weight once so don't have many pictures of that.

• Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    So yesterday went well, I think I might do a daily count until holiday. It would be really impressive if I could keep to 1600 calls on weekdays after exercise and 2500 on weekends (usually my issue area).

Day 1 :)
    Day 2 - stick to 1600 cals
    - keep up the water
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 Good luck with your interview.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just back from USA, a bit jet lagged and having just been off guard for a few days as regards what i was eating. So JFT:

A walk 4000 steps
    15 min elliptical
    unpack
    visit the foundry
    4 email replies
    stay within cals check back in at bedtime!

Good luck today everyone x
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've not been on for a while, and am really behind reading, trying to catch up.

Special hugs to @nlmackey98 , @maryrobinson40 , and @HEGoddard0928 , hope the acupuncture can help your hubby. I've had acupuncture and found that as long as I stayed still it didn't hurt at all.

@Snowflake1968 , good luck in your interview. And huge claps for your swimming achievements, I hate water on my face, I even try to avoid it in the shower lol. Thank you for sharing the excitement of the wedding.

My dieting has not been going well. I'm so taken up with helping my elderly parents that my meals don't seem important. I'm getting banks, utilities etc to accept my legal document to allow me to act for them. It shouldn't be, but it is very time consuming. Last week I was in one bank over 2 hours for just one thing! I have several more appointments booked for this week. And worse than that is watching my father going downhill fast :(

So I've given myself a talking to about eating healthily. Taking it easy and will start again with baby steps.

JFT Tuesday 18th June

Eat sensibly, stay under maintenance
    Back exercises (I'm still really struggling with back pain. The doctor has told me it will not get better, and I'm determined to try exercises which might help. How I'd love to go back and show him I've improved :) )
    Tidy up in garden. It's been too wet this month to garden, and I'm missing the distraction.
    Laundry
    Lots of housework
    Lift the big bag

Today is the only day this week I'll be staying at home, so should use it to tidy and clean the house. It is so much messier now that my son is back home. Some of the mess is mine, but not the horse stuff in the living room or the tools in the hallway!

I think I've mentioned on here before that I have a large laundry bag full of clothes which are too small. It weighs 2 stone (28 lbs) which is about what I'd like to lose. I'm adding it to my list and I'm going to lift it every day as a reminder of how heavy it is, and how I don't want to be carrying that weight on my body.
  • korina75
    Options
    JFT 6/18

Healthy Choices-Eat Mindfully
    Stay within calories
    60 minutes exercise
    Eat all meals at home
    Catch up on Laundry
    10 minutes meditation

Things have slowed way down with work and I know that I need to do some work to make sure I'm not dead in late summer/early fall but I am not feeling motivated. Will work today to map out a plan and figure out what I need to do. Kids are in camp all day now and came home yesterday DEAD tired which is exactly why we have them in camp! Haha! Which also gives me lots more free time to plan and I need to take advantage of it. Also, I am meeting with my therapist today for the first time in a few years. I need some guidance on some issues and she has always been great at helping me in the past.
  • korina75
    Options
    @littleblackskirt I just can't even imagine how difficult what you're going through is on so many levels. That has to be emotionally exhausting!

@Snowflake1968 Good luck with the job interview! And I'd say enjoy all the wedding planning but you are already doing just that. :)

Too many of you to respond back to after I had a bit of a rough weekend food/drink wise but I wanted to say thank you. I expect myself to be perfect and this is my issue that held me back for so long (if I can't do it perfect why bother at all) and I mostly have gotten rid of that attitude but it made an appearance last weekend. I indulged in a Friday (family party-planned), then Saturday a little bit too, then Sunday just thought I had blown it so overdid it a little that day too bc why not? Thankfully I realized my attitude was dangerously approaching "I've already blown it so why not keep going" and I pulled back and by yesterday got back on track. Just because your train makes a stop in a shady destination does not mean you have to get out and live there! And someone I know on fb who is on a similar health journey posted that as you are on your health journey and you 'fall off the wagon' so to speak, think about how that used to look and how it looks now and commend yourself for your progress. So my weekend of 'failing' would have been a weekend of health compared to how I was treating myself a year ago. Baby steps and forgiveness.

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! We've made it through Monday, lol.

@HEGoddard0928 thank you for sharing your story as well. You are so strong! I don't have Bipolar but it does run in my family. My own issues are more along the lines of regular/deep depression, anxiety and OCD. It's nice to know I'm not alone in the struggles within my own psyche. I hope the acupuncture will work for Matt!

@Snowflake1968 thank you! The closing is supposed to be July 19 if everything goes according to schedule. I love the table layout, that is such a cool idea. Really excited for your second interview, good luck!!

@korina75 you can do this! I am the same way, if I mess up a little I tend to then go way overboard. I've heard people say things like.. If you got a flat tire, would you then go slash the other 3? I try to keep that in mind when I start slipping!

Yesterday 6/17:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!😞
    4. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    5. Workout after work😁

JFT 6/18:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Look into traffic course for my ticket, deadline is approaching! Leaving this here until I do so I don't forget!
    4. Go for a walk at lunch
    5. Cook dinner
    6. Put away some laundry
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT.
    2. Draft reflective essay. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting.
    3. Lunch with A. Drop book off at library.
    4. Discussion post. Draft essay 2.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Check on audition for MM. Tuesday 4-6 is coloring club. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Saturday is library day with parents.

JFT Tuesday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT. Toe stretches! What's for lunch/dinner?
    2. Type reflective essay. Leave for school by 10:00. Lifting.
    3. Finish reflective essay. Submit. Add DH's library login to bookmarks. Clear table.
    4. Exam. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Comments. Library 4:00 for coloring club.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. Therapy exercises at 9:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:00. Check on audition for MM. Meeting 9:15 Friday. Saturday is library day with parents.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Well, there was sushi yesterday and I had a LOT and it was FABULOUS. Weight was up this morning. On the plus side, less literally, the rain held off for a few hours so I was able to get my morning walk/run in without getting drenched.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Monday June 17 - Determined
    2.5L of water - :)
    Calories in green, Log Accurately - >:) / :)
    Walk 1 Mile - Probably
    Squats - 15
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 0/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :)
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Something on commercials - No tv
    Write in Journal - :)
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Tuesday June 18 - Determined
    2.5L of water
    Calories in green, Log Accurately
    Walk 1 Mile
    Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had the absolute worse sleep. I went to bed around 1130, finally fell asleep probably around 1 or so. Woke up at 330, didn't get back to sleep until sometime after 615 and my alarm went off at 730. I am up now, showered and going to figure out what to wear after a few minutes. I am going straight from the interview to Kaitlyn's to go to her final dress fitting. Possibly doing some shopping after that before she brings me home.

I am hoping to get some good rest tonight because I have Michaela tomorrow.