What We're Eating

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    edited June 2019
    Breakfast (extra early): coffee flavored Greek yogurt, 2 boiled eggs & coffee

Lunch: kid's-size thin crust pizza with marinara, loads of veggies & light on the mozzarella

Post-hike snack: XL cold brew coffee & a lemon filled donut. Drank TONS of water before & after this because I hiked 11 miles in super hot temps.

Dinner: shared a large appetizer sampler with my husband...tabouleh, dolmas, hummus & pita, falafel & baba ganoush plus some mixed greens. It was all so good! Then we split a little piece of pistachio baklava & I had 2 cups of Earl Grey tea.

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Yesterday:
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    7 pieces of TJ's salt water taffy

Dinner:
    2 cheese enchildas, mexican rice and beans, 4 plaintains w/sour cream, 1 combo non-alcohol pina colada mixed with mango and strawberry dacquiri

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    large cup of mint chocolate ice creamed on one side and lemon sorbet on the other

Today:
    Breakfast:
    2 cups of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    7 pieces of TJ's salt water taffy

Dinner:
    avocado ceasar salad, porterhouse steak (well done), 1/2 loaded baked potato, sauteed ginger/garlic baby bok choy, ice water to drink

watermelon, a bowl of cherries,

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,226 Member
    Bacon is cooking for me at this moment.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Breakfast: Two eggs scrambled with turkey sausage crumbles and green onions, topped with everything bagel seasoning. Coffee with Splenda and unsweetened cashew milk.

Lunch: Light Ceasar salad kit topped with grape tomatoes and grilled chicken strips. Serving of fries and organic ketchup (Trader Joe's Ketchup is life-changing).

Snack: 120 grams of plain, non-fat greek yogurt mixed with 12 grams of pumpkin spice pudding mix and Splenda. Delicious!

Dinner: Rotissierie chicken paired with a vegetable and maybe potatoes or rice.

Dessert: Toasted Almond Bar from Enlightened
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Breakfast - iced caramel coffee w/ cream. Lunch - tuna salad, potato chips, strawberries. Snack - iced mocha. Dinner - grilled chicken thighs/drumsticks, mojito. Snack - Bryers delight cookies/cream icecream
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, mixture of egg, tomato, and red pepper with 2 slices of toast
    Lunch: 1/3 portion of a thai chicken dish with rice
    Dinner: Shrimp and poblano enchiladas with a glass of wine

Dessert: Either a cup of tea with hobnobs or Enlightened ice cream, depending on how I'm feeling in a bit!
  • margaretlondon87
    margaretlondon87 Posts: 22 Member
    Breakfast- lemon meringue chobani flip yogurt, coffee with 2 Tb half and half

Lunch- spinach salad with hard boiled egg, cheese, dried cranberries, almonds, and dijon vinaigrette with fresh cherries

Dinner- cauliflower rice, taco meat, cheese, and guacamole salsa, glass of red wine

Snack- 0.5 cup of lemon cake halo top, 100 g blueberries, 62 g blackberries, 1 TB half and half
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: Millville sweet & salty almond bar
    Lunch: sandwich (Fit & Active wheat bread, deli turkey meat, slice of American cheese, lettuce and pickles) with bbq kettle chips
    Afternoon snack: grapes and strawberries and a string cheese
    Dinner: sweet & spicy pineapple chicken with brown rice
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Cornflakes with semi skimmed milk

Greek yogurt with an apple

Tomato and lentil soup with 3 rivita crackers

5 coffees throughout Day

Water
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter & strawberry jam, coffee
    Lunch: curried egg salad sandwich, baby carrots, and 2 raisin & coconut energy bites
    Dinner: kale & cheese ravioli with homemade sauce and a side salad
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Breakfast - chocolate cookie w/ coffee & cream. Lunch- strawberries, iced caramel latte, goldfish crackers. Dinner- roasted truffle oil broccoli w/ Parmesan salmon, 1/2 avocado. Snack- real good dark chocolate crispy gems.
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: matcha-coconut chia pudding with more shredded unsweetened coconut on top & a few blueberries, coffee
    Lunch: meeting my dad at Braum's (fast food), I'll have a junior burger with 1/2 bun and pickles and 10 oz chocolate shake. I'll probably choose peach Greek yogurt instead of French fries and have that midafternoon as a snack.
    Dinner: large baked potato with TVP taco meat, lots of sautéed peppers & onions, salsa verde & sour cream

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Breakfast: pancake made with egg, banana and protein powder topped with a tbsp. of PB and a tsp. of wild Maine blueberry jam and coffee
    Lunch: salad of mixed greens, blueberries, pecans, feta and sockeye salmon with homemade vinaigrette
    Dinner: sauteed shrimp tossed with homemade pesto over top of zucchini noodles and homemade marinara
    Snack: homemade pumpkin protein bar
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2019
    Breakfast:
    3/4 cup of Fage 2% Greek yogurt with 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tbsp black currant jam mixed in, 1/4 cup of Gr granola lab Mediterranean mix granola, and 1/3 cup blueberries
    Starbucks tall cold brew

Lunch:
    1/2 fig and brie grilled cheese and a small tomato, cucumber, and red onion side salad with 1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
    3.5 oz Hershey's oatmeal cookie ice cream

Snack:
    Mint chocolate Rx bar
    Harney & Sons pomegranate tea

Dinner:
    4 oz fuji tuna salad over lettuce, tomatoes, and mozzarella, 1 roasted yellow bell pepper and 2 brussel sprouts with a drizzle of evoo and 1/2 piece of Norwegian spelt & pumpkin seeds crispbread
  • paulcpatterson
    paulcpatterson Posts: 2 Member
    Eat two times in an eight hour window each day while fasting the other sixteen hours. I'm a guy so I can eat the same thing over and over again a lot :)

Breakfast: what's that?
    Lunch: Five scrambled eggs cooked with 1 Tbsp butter, five bacon, ketchup on eggs (yummy to me)
    Dinner: On seasoned chicken breast (pressure cooked 10 min), fav bbq sauce on side, steam fresh veggie (broccoli, creamed spinach, red potatoes, 5 min in microwave), desert 6 chips with guacamole or air popped popcorn with butter.

LCHF works for me.

Peace Out!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of dandelion root tea

Lunch:
    1/2 large gyro (with red onions, diced tomatoes, lots of tzatziki sauce). Hot potato chips 1/2 large greek almond cookie, 7-up to drink ,

Dinner:
    1/2 large gyro (with red onions, diced tomatoes, lots of tzatziki sauce). Hot potato chips, 1/2 large greek almond cookie, 7-up to drink

bowl of cherries
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: toasted coconut Greek yogurt, 1 boiled egg, coffee

Lunch: 8 small vegetarian meatballs (from Dollar Tree "Himalaya Fresh" - they taste like Indian food - yum), a little sour cream and a ton of steamed broccoli, cup of chai tea

Dinner: crispy shrimp salad with homemade "bang bang sauce" (Sriracha, mayo & Thai chili sauce) with chopped cabbage & red onion plus a few crunchy wontons. Probably a piece of mint-filled dark chocolate after.
  • umbramirror
    edited June 2019
    Breakfast:
    1 chocolate peanut butter protein oatmeal bake square w/1 tsp wildflower honey melted on top, 1 banana, and a Starbucks short flat white w/ an extra shot,1 sugar in the raw packet, and cinnamon

Lunch:
    5 oz of cranberrry chicken salad, grilled vegetables in tomato sauce, a small piece of semolina bread, and 1 Godiva extra dark chocolate truffle

Snack:
    1/2 cup of Fage 2% Greek yogurt with a carrot cake Larabar broken up and mixed in
    Cold brew coffee

Dinner:
    3 oz of seared scallops over 1/2 cup wild rice, 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup corn, and 1/2 cup homemade guacamole

Snack: (if I'm hungry after dinner)
    Mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast:
    1/2 grapefruit, 2 eggs over medium hard, 5 1/2 pieces of thick rind on bacon, grits w/salt&butter, raisin toast w/butter, small glass of dole's pina colada juice & coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    1 cup of dandelion root tea, 1 cup of emperor puh erh tea

Dinner:
    big bowl of mixed lightly grilled vegetables (yellow & green squash, carrots, green and red cabbage, baby corns, green beans, snow peas, zucchini in a bit of teriyaki-ish type of sauce ), mixed finely chopped kale, spinach, red peppers and some other stuff salad, ice water to drink

bowl of cherries and maybe a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream
  • seltzermint555
    edited June 2019
    Breakfast: Babybel white cheddar, 3 oz blackberries, fried egg & coffee

Lunch: TVP taco salad with tons of sautéed peppers & onions, salsa & sour cream as "dressing"

Dinner: cold sesame garlic noodles with marinated carrots & zucchini, then probably several raspberry apricot thumbprint cookies & green jasmine tea
  • umbramirror
    edited June 2019
    Breakfast:
    1 cup Fage 2% Greek yogurt w/ 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin, ~3/4 tbsp chia seeds, ~1/2 tbsp raw honey, and 1/4 cup Mediterranean mix granola mixed in
    12 oz citrus mint green tea

Snack: 1/2 peanut butter Perfect bar

Lunch:
    2/3 portion of spanakopita, a small Greek side salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and black olives over lettuce with a little dressing), 1 tomato wedge, and 2 small orange slices
    pecan pie triangle with one scoop of homemade Tahitian vanilla gelato

Snack: 12 oz lavender latte

Snack: 3-ingredient pancakes (2 eggs, 1 small banana, and 1/4 scoop of chocolate protein powder)

Dinner: Large crabcake and 1 cup of steamed broccoli
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Breakfast:
    1 cup emperor puh erh tea, 1 cup milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of roasted garlic tea, 1 cup white rose tea

Dinner:
    trout almondine, baked potato w/butter, cheese and sour cream, asparagus, brussel sprouts and corn on the cob (w/butter of course)

After dinner dessert and/or late night snack:
    watermelon, a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream, big handful of walnuts, macadamia and pecans

I've never heard of garlic tea before!

This is not the garlic tea I drink, https://www.amazon.com/Garlic-Certified-Organic-Tea-bags/dp/B008X8KQ96?th=1
    but will tell you a wee bit about it. The garlic tea I drink is "loose" not tea bags ( I put it in a teaball and steep it for a while), but I LOVE it!!!! I don't drink it (or the other teas I drink) because it's suppose to help with (fill in the blank) I drink garlic tea and other exotic teas because I LOVE GARLIC (and exotic teas) so much and it tastes and is garlic--nothing else-I drink this and other teas straight, nothing at all added, because I like it that way, this garlic tea is just (concentrated dried garlic chips and again, I love it!!!

I get mine from the health food store. The teas I drink do/can have side-effects, and this garlic tea does too--so I don't drink it everyday or a lot of it...here's more info on garlic tea:
    https://www.verywellfit.com/garlic-tea-benefits-and-side-effects-4163918

So interesting! I will need to look into this!
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Breakfast: toast with mayo, mustard, pickles & a fried egg. Coffee.

Lunch: homemade split peas with onion & carrot, smoothie made from 1 banana, frozen strawberries, hemp protein & unsweetened almond milk.

Dinner: spaghetti with tomato sauce & TVP, topped with mozzarella. 2 large pieces of mine run candy (similar to Violet Crumble, but made locally)

I've tried making spaghetti sauce with TVP, do you hydrate yours first before putting it into the sauce? Or do you sprinkle it in dry and let it soak and cook?
  • perezlau
    perezlau Posts: 35 Member
    Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 1 monster
    Snack: monster
    Lunch: steak salad and gatorade
    Snack: porkskins
    Dinner: cooked veggies with protein, juice
    Snack: organic oatmeal with blue berries
  • CarrieAnnH14
    CarrieAnnH14 Posts: 85 Member
    edited June 2019
    Breakfast - 8 oz cashew milk and 8 oz Gevalia caramel cold brew over ice, quest birthday cake bar

Lunch - 6 slices Lunchmate rotisserie chicken, one happy farms spiral string cheese, wrapped in a small flour tortilla and spread with Happy Farms garlic cheese wedge (like laughing cow) and a low sodium v8

Supper - 82 grams smoked rib meat off the bone with barbecue sauce, small serving spaghetti noodles with butter and parmesan

Snack as yet to be decided - definitely something with vitamin A and some calcium, as I am a little short on those today. Usually have a veg with supper but was too lazy tonight.
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: toast with mayo, mustard, pickles & a fried egg. Coffee.

Lunch: homemade split peas with onion & carrot, smoothie made from 1 banana, frozen strawberries, hemp protein & unsweetened almond milk.

Dinner: spaghetti with tomato sauce & TVP, topped with mozzarella. 2 large pieces of mine run candy (similar to Violet Crumble, but made locally)

I've tried making spaghetti sauce with TVP, do you hydrate yours first before putting it into the sauce? Or do you sprinkle it in dry and let it soak and cook?

I asked my husband, because I have never cooked with it - he puts the dry TVP into the sauce but he uses almost twice as much tomato sauce as he would have otherwise, since the TVP will absorb a lot of it. He uses 1/2 cup TVP and 2 small cans of tomato sauce to start with (16 oz I think).
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: key lime Greek yogurt & coffee

Lunch: leftover cold sesame garlic noodles with marinated carrots & zucchini, a version of Loco moco made with a Morningstar griller, a fried egg, and vegetarian brown gravy. Smoothie made from overripe blackberries, frozen blueberries, 1/2 banana & almond milk plus some hemp protein powder.

Dinner: tamale casserole with black beans, cheddar & cilantro
  • umbramirror
    edited June 2019
    Breakfast:
    2 1/2 pumpkin protein pancakes (Self.com recipe) with 1/4 cup almond flour substituted, 2 tbsp chopped pecans and 1/2 tbsp maple syrup on top

Snack:
    1 medium pear and a short triple flat white from Starbucks

Lunch: (didn't mean to order this and was very disappointed)
    1/2 triple tier rye bread sandwich (1/2 tuna salad/1/2 egg salad with a little Russian dressing) and a small house salad (mixed greens, tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, and black pitted olives)

Snack:
    Peanut butter chocolate Rx bar

Dinner: Spinach avocado chicken patties (from Unbound Wellness) on top of more raw spinach and 1/2 of a yam
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast:
    2 eggs over medium hard, jasmine rice, 4 pieces of rind on bacon, raisin toast w/butter, coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    1 cup of milk oolong tea, 1 cup of dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    cobb salad, 3 clusters of snow crab legs, baked potato w/butter and sour cream, broccoli and ice water to drink

watermelon and a bowl of cherries
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Breakfast:
    1 cup emperor puh erh tea, 1 cup milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of roasted garlic tea, 1 cup white rose tea

Dinner:
    trout almondine, baked potato w/butter, cheese and sour cream, asparagus, brussel sprouts and corn on the cob (w/butter of course)

After dinner dessert and/or late night snack:
    watermelon, a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream, big handful of walnuts, macadamia and pecans

I've never heard of garlic tea before!

This is not the garlic tea I drink, https://www.amazon.com/Garlic-Certified-Organic-Tea-bags/dp/B008X8KQ96?th=1
    but will tell you a wee bit about it. The garlic tea I drink is "loose" not tea bags ( I put it in a teaball and steep it for a while), but I LOVE it!!!! I don't drink it (or the other teas I drink) because it's suppose to help with (fill in the blank) I drink garlic tea and other exotic teas because I LOVE GARLIC (and exotic teas) so much and it tastes and is garlic--nothing else-I drink this and other teas straight, nothing at all added, because I like it that way, this garlic tea is just (concentrated dried garlic chips and again, I love it!!!

I get mine from the health food store. The teas I drink do/can have side-effects, and this garlic tea does too--so I don't drink it everyday or a lot of it...here's more info on garlic tea:
    https://www.verywellfit.com/garlic-tea-benefits-and-side-effects-4163918

So interesting! I will need to look into this!

Honey...if you love garlic, you're going to LOVE this tea! I drink it every once in a while, when that "I want some garlic" craving hits me!