Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,725 Member
    I will reach 65 in a couple of weeks. It was great reading all your posts today. It's good to know that I'm not the only seasoned citizen who is trying to improve their health and quality of life. Y'all are very inspirational!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Legs & Shoulders @ the gym. Doc said I can do overhead press, as long as I’m not picking anything up off the floor...so I machined it today. No stress on my injury!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,089 Member
    Good job, gam3rguy. Welcome back to the exercise-grind.

I lifted yesterday. First time in a week, so I am sore today! Today I am working on my 10,000 steps a day.
  • alteredsteve175
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

I lifted yesterday. First time in a week, so I am sore today! Today I am working on my 10,000 steps a day.

Trainer changed up the workout Thursday. Lots of deadlifts and rollouts. Did a 4 mile walk yesterday, but I'm still a bit sore today. The good kind of sore! :D

• gam3rguy
    Good job, gam3rguy. Welcome back to the exercise-grind.

thanks. doc said not to stop, just don't stress the bicep. surgery is tomorrow to repair the bicep tendon...then 3 weeks of recliner surfing. :#

"Focus T25: Alpha Speed 1.0 & PiYo: Strong Legs"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I didn't do any formal workouts over the weekend...but I did help someone move...5 hours on Friday, and about 6 on Sunday...I have a desk job, I do not normally do manual labor...I was still bouncing up the stairs at the end of the moving while, sadly, watching the folks half my age huffing and puffing to just walk up the stairs...I had no issues carrying and hauling and bending and packing...while many of the younger folks required long breaks after carrying a box down the stairs and to the trucks...really, it was eye opening, if a bit sad, and it made me feel really good about where I am in life!!!
  • gam3rguy
    edited June 2019
    Surgery is done. My mom won’t take me home. Lol! Says I gotta stay here at least tonight. Getting fed!! And I just say Milano cookies. She just went to fill my scrip and get my dog. She’s bringing my Switch back too. May or may not play tonight.

• ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Switched from runkeeper to Nike run club this past week. So far really good and this morning I achieved my fasted 1k run.
  • Beeps2011
    I am glad your surgery is over, gam3rguy. Recovery is the right side of "surgery" to be on. :)

I am a cardio queen this week....did a cardio class on Monday, walked 6.5 km yesterday and did an advanced step-cardio class, today.

Now, I really do need to hit the weights because I am trying to lose FAT this summer and I don't want to be reducing my precious muscles!
  • gam3rguy
    I am glad your surgery is over, gam3rguy. Recovery is the right side of "surgery" to be on. :)

I am a cardio queen this week....did a cardio class on Monday, walked 6.5 km yesterday and did an advanced step-cardio class, today.

Now, I really do need to hit the weights because I am trying to lose FAT this summer and I don't want to be reducing my precious muscles!

thanks. I'm a little stir crazy this week. I can get back to cardio, core and legs next week. :s
  • tcunbeliever
    I spent 3 days moving people this past week...so I'm laying off the weights in favor of cardio so my carpal tunnel can heal. I will be back at the weights in August!!!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Hey kids, it's been a long time since I popped in. Hope all is well. Gam3rguy, I know you are ready to start working out again. I wish you a speedy recovery. Beeps how are you doing? To catch you up, I left my gym and started powerlifting in January. I love it. Wish I had the courage to do it sooner. Have a great night everyone.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Happy Monday kids, hope all is well. I had deadlifts and bench both yesterday and today. Finally found a local company who could fit me for knee sleeves. Have a great day kids.
  • Beeps2011
    Hi caramel - how come you had to leave your gym to start powerlifting? ...I want details!

I hiked 7.5 km on Saturday, 12 km on Sunday, and kind of leisurely walked 7 km yesterday. And, I did not late-night snack, but I was certainly indulging in some craft beer and ciders this past weekend.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Tomorrow, I will try and lift. (I did lift on Friday, so it hasn't been THAT long...)
  • larali2
    larali2 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi I'm 39 but I wanna hang with the big kids :D
  • tcunbeliever
    Did half my weights last night...short on time because I had to go pick up dinner for the birthday boy...one more year then he's all grown up!!!
  • Beeps2011
    I am so happy to read the GREAT news about your son, sdereski!!

How wonderful and it is a true reminder that every day is a "gift".

I hope the rest of your summer provides rest, rejuvenation and (more) relief!
  • Beeps2011
    I did get my weight-lifting in, today. A full body workout and I did it in 55 minutes + 15 minute stretch. BOOM.
  • alteredsteve175
    Great news, Silvia. A good reminder to all of us to enjoy every moment. We never know how long we will be here.