July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    kevaasen wrote: »
    My final post (I am way over my quota for 2019)

I just received this email from Strava. They are awarding 5 free NYC marathons for 2019. Based on the T&C's and the eligibility requirements, it is for US residents only and they are really gearing it towards 1st time marathoners and those that have a 1000 word or less compelling story might be selected

SO - my idea is this

1) Anyone from MFP looking to run their first NYC Marathon??

2) if yes, I know each of us has a story, but a collective story and perhaps one around this community including @MobyCarp and many others, etc might compel a winning entry over all of the others that might be just as powerful on why people chose to run.

3) I am not a content creator, only the idea maker.....so perhaps if there is someone that wants to run their first marathon and as a group project, the group could craft an inspirational essay that just outshines the best.

https://blog.strava.com/2019-tcs-new-york-city-marathon-contest/?$web_only=true&$3p=e_it&$original_url=https://blog.strava.com/2019-tcs-new-york-city-marathon-contest/?$web_only=true&_branch_match_id=409023857297430818

Back to running and reading!

I was just going to say the same thing when I saw the email from Strava in my inbox!
    What an awesome tribute that would be!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    kevaasen wrote: »
    My final post (I am way over my quota for 2019)

I just received this email from Strava. They are awarding 5 free NYC marathons for 2019. Based on the T&C's and the eligibility requirements, it is for US residents only and they are really gearing it towards 1st time marathoners and those that have a 1000 word or less compelling story might be selected

SO - my idea is this

1) Anyone from MFP looking to run their first NYC Marathon??

2) if yes, I know each of us has a story, but a collective story and perhaps one around this community including @MobyCarp and many others, etc might compel a winning entry over all of the others that might be just as powerful on why people chose to run.

3) I am not a content creator, only the idea maker.....so perhaps if there is someone that wants to run their first marathon and as a group project, the group could craft an inspirational essay that just outshines the best.

https://blog.strava.com/2019-tcs-new-york-city-marathon-contest/?$web_only=true&$3p=e_it&$original_url=https://blog.strava.com/2019-tcs-new-york-city-marathon-contest/?$web_only=true&_branch_match_id=409023857297430818

Back to running and reading!

Love this idea!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    The Strava thing is absolutely wonderful, if I didn't live on the wrong continent I would so be all over that.
    Soooo come on, who's going to put their name down? I'm happy to try and pull the text together if nobody else wants to, though I think there are some better writers than me in the group.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I just checked my calendar and although I may be doing the 5k instead if my ankle doesn’t improve by then, I have a half marathon planned for Nov 2nd, which makes running on the 3rd a no go for me. However I’d like to participate in some way! Last year we ended up running our half the day before Dennis’s relay and there were enough kiwis and such in weird time zones that it ended up connecting to the relay anyway.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat oh yes, sorry I had forgotten you were this side of the world! Noted!
    @rheddmobile I vaguely remember the one for Dennis turned into 30 hours or something, I expect that will happen with this one too! All this time zones, time travel stuff that means (from my perspective) the Australians etc are in tomorrow but the Americans are in yesterday makes it even more interesting.

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    02/07 2.52 miles
    03/07 2.55 miles
    05/07 2.55 miles
    13/07 2.52 miles
    16/07 2.03 miles ( hope to do another 2 later on when it cools a little)

exercise.png

exercise.png