July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    So...

I'm thinking of upgrading my Garmin. I've had mine for almost a year and love it. So I think im only wanting to upgrade to get the latest and greatest.

I currently have a vivoactive 3 with music. I'm not competitive, mostly ignore the HR info now, though it can be useful and I like having it there. I'm tempted to get a bike and start swimming now I am in a location where these things are possible.

Suggestions? There are SO Many to choose from now!

Another option is to go the refurbished route. You can usually save 20 to 30 percent over the price of new, and except for the box it comes in, I could't tell the difference between new and refurbished.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    So do we want to organize a 24 hour run for @MobyCarp along with the total miles and November 'Hug a Runner' tributes?
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    So do we want to organize a 24 hour run for @MobyCarp along with the total miles and November 'Hug a Runner' tributes?

My list had something like 32 names on it... my vote is let's say yes for now and see once those who are interested/able work out what times they can do whether it's feasible or a big pain in the backside, in which case we could just wing it?
    I had forgotten the Hug a Runner thing was in November too, what a lot of coincidences!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that if there is an actual fire on the 7th floor of the building where I work, the 5th floor, the floor I work on, will not be evacuated.

p5dzwexrqdde.png

Nice. Reminds me of when we moved into an 8th floor rental apartment then were told that the local fire brigade's ladders are only long enough to reach the 2nd floor :-o
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that if there is an actual fire on the 7th floor of the building where I work, the 5th floor, the floor I work on, will not be evacuated.

p5dzwexrqdde.png

Nice. Reminds me of when we moved into an 8th floor rental apartment then were told that the local fire brigade's ladders are only long enough to reach the 2nd floor :-o

Someone on FB just told me this is standard. You only evacuate the floors above the fire? What? :open_mouth: I was outside already when the alarm went off and the firetrucks came racing over but no one else was from the floor I worked on. They did not even know.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

p5dzwexrqdde.png

Someone on FB just told me this is standard. You only evacuate the floors above the fire? What? :open_mouth: I was outside already when the alarm went off and the firetrucks came racing over but no one else was from the floor I worked on. They did not even know.

Yup, our system will announce what floors to evacuate and lower floors should be alert and wait to see if message changes. If I remember correctly it also can be set to the floors that need to evacuate and no one else will know (except you can hear it going off somewhere in the building)
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

p5dzwexrqdde.png

Yup, our system will announce what floors to evacuate and lower floors should be alert and wait to see if message changes. If I remember correctly it also can be set to the floors that need to evacuate and no one else will know (except you can hear it going off somewhere in the building)

Not evacuating when the building is on fire is so far out of my normal thinking that I would have never considered this was even a possible option before.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options

p5dzwexrqdde.png

Not evacuating when the building is on fire is so far out of my normal thinking that I would have never considered this was even a possible option before.

Same. A lot of us are uncomfortable with this. But half the time it's someone microwaving popcorn that sets it off and we used to have to evacuate for that. ALL. THE. TIME.