WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lisa in AR: “Unrepentant happy person” WTG!!!!! :bigsmile: I like to be that way, too! DH is doing better this morning but he’s enjoying being grumpy. I think he's having a bit of a pity party for himself. :ohwell:

Heather: I’m glad that your DH is back from his cricket games. :flowerforyou:

Allie: “Morning again Ladies~ I have my DGD here and we will pick Alfie up in a bit,,, We will be going to get our hair done..Machka~ after 2 failed marriages I am fine living on my own and smarted up alot.. I can come and go as I please. I don't have to listen to anyone but me.. I have my dog.. and I’m ok with that…won't ever get married again.” I’m happy that you’re enjoying life! Congratulations! :bigsmile:

Barbie: Yesterday’s PT was a big jump from the previous one for DH and he is more than a little sore. I’m sure he will go back, but he’s in rest mode today. The PT is helping, IMHO. He was mentally getting ready to have another back surgery. I’m glad our doctor sent him on this path. :star:

The County Fair opens today and it is free admittance for Seniors. I hope DH will rally enough to go with me. He seems determined to send me off by myself. :cry:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,953 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Wednesday

Seemed like a long day.

At work: trying to clean up all the things I left when I was so busy in June & writing instructions.

Lunch: trying to get my Wordpress basics set up so I can start working on my new website. Not working for some reason.
    Then a dash out in the cold drizzle to see if I could locate a small bulletin board. Nope.

After work: meeting with our cycling club. I'm the president this year so I've got to be there! My husband attended too and wants to help. It was a planning meeting to set up our rides for next year. Looks like it could be a fun season!
    Then a dash to Zambrero's through steady sideways cold rain for a quick dinner. Then a quick dash to the bus stop to get our ride home. Then a quick 400 metre uphill dash through a heavier sideways cold rain home.

We got home at 9 pm, but I haven't felt motivated to do anything else this evening.

Good night!

Machka in Oz
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    Finished pg. 48. Had problems getting to the community on my phone for a few days. 175 comments behind so I will try to catch up by skimming. Finyhad to reset my phone to make this work.

Been super hot here. Over 100 degrees every day between 2 pm and 7 pm. Stomach issues still there, and get lightheaded almost daily. I’m thinking my bp meds are too high. I’ll find out next week at docs. Until then being careful and have my Apple Watch set to detect a fall.

Aging is not for the weak!

RV Rita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    (((Rita))): "Aging is not for the weak!" You are right on the mark with that observation. Sorry you're having problems. 100F+ temperatures are not for the young, the old, or the weak. Stay as cool as you can and drink plenty of water. :heart:
  • kevrit
    Options
    I always post from my phone. I will use spoiler and also figure out how to make them smaller on my phone.

Pg. 50 done

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Pg 52 done

Testing code to make pic smaller:
    5e34pdpk1nad.jpeg
    rkujtk0qlmtc.jpeg
    r1i7gvg1m9i4.jpeg

Triathlon we had here last Saturday.

RV Rita
    Ps still working on size code.
    Pg 52 done
  • kevrit
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Image size test

gzy803dw253k.jpeg

RV Rita pg. 54 done. Code used “img]”  Did this work?
  • kevrit
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Finally caught up, as the discussion has gone....DH is working on a touch table for the park that will gold animal skins and “fake skulls” for kids to check out at visitors center. Pics below are my attemp at trying sizing code to help pics load faster.
    my5z1tlm11au.jpeg

my5z1tlm11au.jpeg

Table DH is making. Him gone let me catch up! Let me know if you see two different sizes.

RV Rita
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    Lanette - for me it's the laughing that's the most important. DH has a great sense of humour and a lovely sideways way of looking at life. Our conversation is light and optimistic. We cheer each other up. We flip things for each other.
    Talking about therapy...... as many of you know I was sexually abused by my father as a child. The twist on that is that he was very 'loving' :# and made me believe I was the only love of his life. I became addicted to that feeling. Hence my depression when I don't have the gaze of a beloved.
    Of course he was just a normal paedophile and had many other sexual victims, but, as a child he made me feel 'special' in a twisted, very distorted way. I have carried that burden all my life and am attempting to come to terms with it in my memoirs.
    Knowing why is a help, but the feelings come back anyway.
    I hope you will be able to understand your sugar binges. If you want to message me, please do. :-)
    Much love to all, Heather UK XXXXXX

Heather
    - thank you! In thinking all of this over, I know I was doing really well keeping binges and sugar under control until my frozen shoulder hit last fall. The pain and restricted activities coupled with my foot problems got me down in the dumps, I know. The only thing that saved me from gaining a lot was keeping on a good diet during the day - binging was confined to evenings, the worst time probably. But not all day. So I'd eating a lot of "empty" calories but not really that much over my daily requirements. Just the wrong stuff.

I stopped drinking alcohol several years ago, having realized after I retired I was drinking more during the day, every day. When I was working, I'd confine my drinking (mostly beer) to the weekends. So when I decided to quit, I was happy with losing about 5# instantly plus got onto the Strong Women Stay Young weight lifting so had something new to look forward to that made me feel healthy!

I'm doing so much better now with the shoulder about 90% healed and the orthotics helping immensely.

So, I'm taking my own advice and upping my daily calories, logging, and making sure I have a big supper and not chancing being physically hungry and heading for the snacks.

Also, not sure if I've mentioned here that after my laparoscopic gall bladder surgery 7 years ago, I developed adhesions and pain around my belly button. If I'd overeat, I'd feel a pinch and pain - it's almost like I had a mini stomach stapling. I had an ultrasound to see if there was something out of order, nothing showed up - adhesions and scar tissue don't show. So I lived with it.

Now, after eating way past when I was full for a while, the scars below and in the belly button are becoming inflamed, itchy, painful. If I overeat or drink too much coffee/load up on sugar and carbs, I get an intense pain radiating down from that keloid or whatever the heck it is.

Going to the doc Friday to see what's up.

Other than that, I'm having a great morning with DH out of the house, getting some "noisy" things done and listening to the radio turned up LOUD, lol.

Time for another load of laundry.

Lanette
    SW WA State

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    cwhsbwoj2t0e.jpeg

Bakers Rack cleaned now next item reorganize the diaper bag . Maybe tackle some more of Daughter left behind items. Put stuff up higher from JR but he can still reach but not as easily.
    ^These videos are to cheer us all up have a great day guys going to put baby down for a nap 😴.

Amber Tx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Lanette, Heather and Amber: I did see a therapist in my early 20's to try to get to the crux of my overeating. We were 6 months in before I told her about being sexually abused from ages 7-12. She just about fell out of her chair :# But, it did get me started on a path towards healing and self-compassion. I still use much of what I learned from working with her, especially understanding how food fills in for any sense of abandonment. As I write this, I am remembering how she made me write out a list ways I could 'treat' myself that did not involve food. Mmmm, think I'll try that.

Allie: Glad you are pampering yourself and Tal today.

Katla: Physical therapist must be impressed with DH's progress if he is being asked to do more strenous work. Hope he'll feel better soon.

I have low energy today. I usually do about 40 minutes of exercises in the pool, but only managed 15 today. We are in a severe heatwave this entire week, so will be staying inside. Might crank out some minutes on the recumbent bike, which I have ignored for 2 weeks. :( DH just had a mid-morning meal and is napping in his chair. My respite is phone calls with my friends around the country. Today I'll be chatting with my NJ friend who is about to move into their brand new lake house in the Poconos, and my Honolulu friend who keeps me up to date on gossip from my old neighborhood.

Stay well friends. We can do this. I'm cheering for you.

Rori
    SMILING in the
    Colorado Foothills
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lanette "Also, not sure if I've mentioned here that after my laparoscopic gall bladder surgery 7 years ago, I developed adhesions and pain around my belly button. If I'd overeat, I'd feel a pinch and pain - it's almost like I had a mini stomach stapling. I had an ultrasound to see if there was something out of order, nothing showed up - adhesions and scar tissue don't show. So I lived with it."

When I had my gall bladder removed, also years ago, I developed a large hernia behind my belly button. It too became very painful eventually. When I had gastric bypass surgery the surgeon told me he would repair it while he was in there, turned out I had two other hernias in my abdominal wall that he also repaired You might ask doc about that possibility.

Janetr OKC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,371 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Lanette "Also, not sure if I've mentioned here that after my laparoscopic gall bladder surgery 7 years ago, I developed adhesions and pain around my belly button. If I'd overeat, I'd feel a pinch and pain - it's almost like I had a mini stomach stapling. I had an ultrasound to see if there was something out of order, nothing showed up - adhesions and scar tissue don't show. So I lived with it."

When I had my gall bladder removed, also years ago, I developed a large hernia behind my belly button. It too became very painful eventually. When I had gastric bypass surgery the surgeon told me he would repair it while he was in there, turned out I had two other hernias in my abdominal wall that he also repaired You might ask doc about that possibility.

Janetr OKC

Janetr
    - Thank you for sharing this. How did they find the hernias.... ultrasound? MRI? Were you or the doc able to feel the initial one?

I was wondering if those of you who had weight loss surgery had problems with pain/pinching if you overate or ate certain foods.

Whatever my problem, I hope it's an easy fix and no more surgery. :|

Lanette
    SW WA State

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    cqk6c8upg7bw.png
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Beth - I'm so happy to hear it is not Lupus! you must be relieved!

-Shannon