Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    Rrrr
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Going to go through JRs new coats 🧥 put them in baskets 🧺 by sizes. As he grows I toss stuff in a goodbye bag pull out the next baskets 🧺. Got them from Walmart with chalk board on them so I write the sizes on them.
    Amber Tx

Cooking for Dad,Hubby,Kids so busy day again yet she’s leaving in a few days.Then she’ll get moved state to state for the next few months so can’t send mail it won’t reach her before she hops again y again y again.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    2gowaq6z8y5k.png

Yes.
    But sometimes trauma means that there is a lot of extra work dumped on people. Recovery is not an easy, smooth, straightforward process.

Machka in Oz

I agree with the extra work. I now am doing eyes on meds with son and we getting a major project done. Foundation of his garage the past two days (We did hire someone. This was in the works before hospital.) They were able to fix the wall that was bowed and I no longer feel like the foundation might fall in.

Last night I did complain I am having trouble just getting my routine stuff done. He then proceeded to find another thing to put on the list on his house.

My list is to complete the garage. Dead bolt garage just a handle lock now, fix the stairs that are in the garage, and get a garage door opener now that the foundation is fixed. Re seed areas torn up by fixing the garage.

In other words I agree the busy factor has nothing to do with the trauma. In fact I know I need to slow down and pace myself because I am getting tired.

The up side is it gives son and I quality time working together to fix his home and something positive to talk about other than what we have just gone through with the hospital.

The workers did nick some wiring and that now needs to be repaired too. The repair I did on it is not a long term solution, so I am hiring an electrical company we have known for years.

:heart: Margaret
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Well Coats are squeezed in y put up best I could! Later going through to get rid of any sz4’s I missed last purge cause I keep grabbing them y they won’t go over his head well we hang them back up if were in a hurry so goodness should have just tossed them on the goodbye bag while running out the door - after thoughts are 50/50 but unrealistic lol 😂.
    Tried the face mask 😷 on only half peeled off the rest hung on to hairs so tight I had to take a hot shower 🚿 with a 2yr old playing with the curtains.Peekaboooo I would hear as the cold 🥶 breeze hit my back side wooooo chills just remembering lol.

Finally getting my strength back so hopefully it won’t poof next random cycle. (Iron levels are bad due to absorption issues then add a cycle from Aunt Flo bam 💥 no iron even if I ate Iron Ore!

8zy8eb1s556r.jpeg
    tg0tpfii23lw.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Heather UK - Wow the necklace is gorgeous!!! Glasses are regal scarf too. She was a classy dresser!
    iyxp9boq3ksx.jpg
    Think my Hairdo finally calming down washed it brushed until it payed where it should! That spray they used wasn’t helping it none just made it smell funny. Hubby still hasn’t noticed it’s now a game for me to see if he notices how long.
    Amber Tx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Lisa - are you still doing the rowing? Or is it too hot there at the moment. Sometimes I do need a fan blowing on me, even in England! I like to watch Internet TV programmes while I row in the afternoon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Heather
    - since I got ill in late March, I haven't done any steady exercising. Re: the heat, we have central air conditioning, so my house isn't hot unless the electricity goes out. Pretty much a steady 72 - 74 degrees (22-23 C). So I have zero excuses for not doing it now that I'm feeling better... just need to get back into a routine again... for the sake of my health, it's becoming more and more important.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    I lost my AC once and resorted to cold footbbaths in the tub for me and my dog to keep cool. Also I used to put washcloths in a cooler with ice for horseback riding. Felt so good to wipe off with that!

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: We had produce available from a truck a year or two ago. When we stopped in to shop there was very little that we wanted to buy. We like to go to the farm stores on Sauvie’s Island in the summer season. We haven’t been so far this season. :flowerforyou:

Rita: I hope you are feeling better now. Heat and fainting go together in my mind. Adding blood donation to the mix seems like the proverbial straw that broke the camel’s back. I am sorry fainting happened to you. :flowerforyou:

Kirby: Happy Birthday!!! :bigsmile:

Annie in Delaware: Welcome!

Vicki GI NE: I am so sorry to hear about your DSIL. :flowerforyou:

Lanette & Terri: I would love to have a Tardis. If yours is ever available, let me know. Regarding baking, I now bake with without wheat flour since DH can no longer eat wheat products. We’re able to get gluten free flour from Bob’s Red Mill. :smiley:

Okie: I’ve had chicken pox and so has DH so we are both at risk for shingles. I was able to take the shingles shots but he didn’t dare risk it due to a number of autoimmune issues. So far, so good. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: We are REI members, too. I may stop in there one of these days to look at shoes. DH wants me to buy insoles to put into my SAS walking shoes. I’m not sure how I feel about that. Foot and leg cramps at night are no fun. :noway:

Rori: Sorry to hear that your broken left pinkie toe is sore. I hope you heal quickly. :flowerforyou:

DH has a physical therapy session this morning and I plan to go along. It seems to be doing him good. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Lisa AR -I hate cicadas in the house! Outside noisy but there out so it’s okay. Inside they sound like a banchee screaming for revenge!

Daughter last package arrived also in pitiful condition! 5 boxes all were ripped to shreds! Not one in tact! Only things ruined was a backpack trying to fix it for her.Sone of her mail/papers covered in a pink goo! Cutting it off making copies of important stuff for her y shredded burned the rest! A 2yr old pair of beats headphones 🎧 ripped to pieces! Luckily everything else made it intact of course what the plane had was in mint condition. Not happy with the post office,but at least the computer stuff to her hand vacuum made it safe y sound! That lady going to get the worst review with a piece of my Mom mind attached! Disrespectful disgrace to treat anyone serving in any country this way!

fvmhoyum807c.jpeg
    2yckl6f175y9.jpeg
    gxx5j0iun9l8.jpeg

Spring cleaning got to work off these restaurant calories!

Amber Tx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Another warm day here. Last evening after work I mowed and sprayed weeds for 4 hours. We have a double lot and I got about half mowed but all sprayed. DH said he would finish the mowing this morning as he goes to work at noon today.

Our friend did come to stay as they moved everyone out where she lives on the river outside of Wood River which is 15 miles from Grand Island. She said the water was up in the yard. From the news there is more water coming so she will be with us several days. She did say she has 4 feet of water in her basement before she left. This weather is crazy and scary.

DSIL is still holding on. DH talks to his other sister that lives down in Kansas just a couple miles away several times a day.

Heather--What nice gifts to remember your friend by.

Allie--I am sending prayers about your job hunt.

Time to get something done before time to leave work.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    W2G Terri - Build that muscle!