jog wrk 2 sta- 4.25min, 144mhr, 9.48min mi, .45mi= 69c
    apple watch- 58c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.27min, 8.2amph, 143mhr, 2.51mi= 206c
    apple watch- 140c

total cal 788
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Went to the water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love’s Slim and Lean DVD

Lisa – the only thing I can add to your post is that we all respect each other.

Kirby – happy birthday

KJ – there was this one lady I wanted to unfollow but I couldn’t figure out how to do it so I finally unfriended her. Some of the things she was posting were so out of it, that I couldn’t be bothered to even read them. There were more things that I would like to see but her c*** was taking up so much room. We had a lady talking about the Shingrix vaccine to the Newcomers. The vaccine you got as a kid becomes more and more ineffective the older you get. We got the Shingrix. It comes in two shots and you have to get them something like a minimum of 3 months apart (I forget the exact number, I could be wrong about the “3” part). Now it is in high demand, we were on multiple waiting lists. Neither Vince nor I had any after effects

I have very few “friends” on Facebook. I very seldom post anything. I just like to try to keep abreast of the kids and a few other people. Actually, Facebook was how Eileen, Rita and I reconnected. That’s probably one of the few good things about that

As I was leaving the gym today, this one gal had a birthday cake. Oh..why didn’t I just “walk on by”. She’s 65. Boy, I would never say it to her, but she looks more like 70+. All wrinkly. I’m about to turn 65. I don’t look like that. But on the bright side…I had a VERY small piece, like 4 bites and threw the rest away

Vicki – (((HUGS))))

Put Grumpy in to be fired at ceramics tonight and worked on Sneezy. I really need to get started on the turtle Pete asked me to make him. I say he wants a turtle, Vince said he wants a tortoise. I need to confirm what exactly it is that he wants. He said he wanted it painted like a real turtle. Personally, I think that's boring. His shell will be green, his body green. Well, I'll make the shell using two different shades of green. How boring to have everything green. But that's what he wants

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - I am envious of your weekend on the farm. How restful with that kitty by the hearth. Bravo on your test results. When will you be finished with your degree?
    Lanette
    Cool & Rainy SW WA State

Good question!!

I have 5 more courses to go.

I'm taking one this semester (Semester 2) which starts next week.

I would like to take one in the spring/summer session but I'm having trouble finding a suitable course. I need to check it again to see if they've added any. I keep pestering them ... they're probably tired of hearing from me begging for a decent course to be run then.

Then I've got two courses which I have to take which involve creating a project, I think. They'll be in Semester 1 and 2 next year. They're supposed to be taken right near the end. I could have gone two ways with this Masters: Research or Coursework. I opted for Coursework, but I think these two courses are a way of getting the Coursework people to dabble in Research.

And then I hope to be able to find a suitable course in the next spring/summer session.

So ideally, I'd like to be done by Christmas 2020 ... but we'll see. It will depend on those spring/summer sessions and will depend on how heavy those two research/project courses are.

In many ways I wish I could take a spring course and a summer course right away and be done October 2020, but so far, there isn't much potential for that unless they decide to offer something intriguing in Business or Health or similar in the summer.

Machka in Oz
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I'm excited tonight, my oldest daughter (the CPA, yes I'm still saying it, sorry lol) is flying in tomorrow evening and will spend the weekend. We'll get in shopping, eating out and lots of visiting. Trying not to start dreading how quickly the time will fly by.

Love you my dear friends,
    Janetr OKC
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    July Goals
    This week

Health
    1. Write what I'm grateful for here daily✔️✔️✔️
    2. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week✔️✔️✔️
    3.Track all ✔️✔️✔️
    4. Five minutes meditation 5 days a week ✔️
    5. Average 1100 calories net average✔️✔️
    6. Lose 1-2 kilos/month
    7. Take measurements every 2 weeks (?) not yet
    8. Go to free coaching session not this evening
    9. Try one class per week at gym (I had signed up-annual sign up- for the 7 euros a month extra for classes and havent gone since the "zen" stretching classes weren't great.)
    10. Use city bike 1x a week (I also signed up many months ago at about 3-4 euros per month, there was no bike free the first time I wanted to use it and I had completely forgotten about it, it's not in my habits). not yet
    11. eat fresh leafy greens 4 days a week ✔️
    12. try skipping breakfast had breakfast at 10 ✔️✔️
    13. less than 50 carbs ✔️x x
    Long term writing
    14. Spend at least 2h/day on long term writing project averagex x✔️
    15. Produce at least 3 rough pages per day average xxx

Home
    14. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning ✔️✔️✔️

Paper
    15. Make a list of short term tasks, etc and prioritise them, x
    16. Take care of at least 2 short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill per week not yet
    17. Taxes not yet
    18. 1 h per week filing not yet

Art
    19. 1 hour on art project (other than sketching) per week not yet

Work
    20. do one work-related thing per week other than the above, to progress (I have to network and take initiative etc, in my job and I haven't been doing so much since focusing on thesis ) not specifically

Remaining from May to do some day : Make appointment with dentist 2

Grateful:
    reasonably good night's sleep
    library
    summery not-too-hot weather
    going away for a few days next week
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    shingles @KJLaMore I had never heard of shingles vaccine so just googled it here (in France) it says "recommended in France since 2014 for people ages 65-74 to reduce occurrence of shingles but also to reduce the severity and amount of pain if one does get shingles." I have two acquaintances who got shingles, one just over 50 and the other quite young- in her 30s. About 2 years ago, upon coming back from 2 weeks of hiking and during a stressful professional period, my doctor sais she was certain that the bumps on my back were shingles. I never had pain, just itching and great fatigue. I would have wondered if the doctor was wrong but she has a good reputation and doesn't tend to say she's certain when she is not.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    I am up having my tea and watched Joyce.. im dressed and ready to go.. will feed Alfie and then go walk the dogs and go feed DFIL then run up to companions and homemakers to apply for a job..
    will also check into other ones, or might even start my own. dont know if you need licensing or not..
    lots of avenues to persue..
    working 11-5 today and will go feed DFIL tonight..
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :) Happy Thursday!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    bananas. Hoping your walk will help lift your mood. You are facing lots of challenges, putting your health first and work prioritized is a heavy lift, but I’ve always found a good walk can reset a mood. One step at a time <3

A puttering day on tap for me today, will work on getting blinds purchased and installed upstairs. As there is no attic fan upstairs, it gets beastly hot so working up there is only manageable in short bursts, like a sauna :s

Dinner last night (peri peri chicken) was a hit, will grill salmon and serve over greens tonight. Leftover corn will be tossed with black beans, cilantro, lime, and jalapeños to dress up the salmon. No walk with bff today, she got hit with a stomach bug :(

NYKAREN
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Back to work today, after seven days off. Not exactly a restful seven days, but a few things were accomplished, anyway, both planned and unplanned!

Allie - pleased to see you moving forward to making changes. Being miserable in your working situation is horrible. Many hugs as you make your next decisions.

Heather - isn't it amazing when you get a good feeling about someone who's performing a service for your home? Doesn't hurt when they are also worth looking at! :wink:

Kim - good to see you posting, and your schedule sounds exhausting. Looked and looked for ways to cool a house down without air conditioning, and every one of them boiled down to "get a fan." Well, duh. Hope you've cooled a little, and that the grant writing is spectacularly successful. :smiley: It's very much a delayed-gratification process, which is not necessarily my strong suit, but it sure is gratifying when you do get the award!

Pip - happy belated birthday to Kirby!

Off to the races. Going to walk the property this morning, get back into my own routine after a chaotic week.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Lisa - are you still doing the rowing? Or is it too hot there at the moment. Sometimes I do need a fan blowing on me, even in England! I like to watch Internet TV programmes while I row in the afternoon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Bananas - I'm curious, is this a French speaking, or English speaking school? The behaviour seems very French (guys who fancy themselves as Casanovas). :o:# Are you fluent in French? Sorry to be curious, but I find your situation very interesting. Must be so stressful for you. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Heather & Lisa,

I've rowed 3 days in a row now. :) 16 min, 18 min and 21 min. It's not long, but because I haven't done it consistently, I feel it in my arms and back.

My rowing machine is connected to Concept2's ErgData program which syncs with Strava so that my rowing is included in my Strava data along with my walking, running, and cycling. :grin:

I see from Strava that I've rowed 24 times since I got my rowing machine set up on March 23.

Are there any other indoor rowers here? :)

Machka in Oz
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Today will be a day of readying everything for my daughter's visit, I haven't seen her in over a year. Clean linens in guestroom, sparkle up guest bath and and a quick dusting and vacuum of entire house. That may have to suffice as today's workout. We will pick her up at the airport and stop for dinner on the way home. Thankfully the relentless heat and humidity have eased up today. Temperature to reach only 90 degrees, and much lower humidity than the last few days. Thank goodness for central AC.

Have a terrific Thursday my friends,
    Janetr OKC