WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2019

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Beth Buffalo - his sister the same way became Navy lol now got pictures of both with the same expression.He’s a lot like her y Hubby like both of them. I’m the only outgoing one lol. They look wary or angry 😤 😡 😠 🤓 then theirs me lol sticking out like a sore thumb. Their outgoing at home tho lol

RV Rita- Talk to your Doctors even if it’s leaving a message through the nurse 👨‍⚕️ weight loss can make you need a decreased dosage in some people.

Family was over JR kept getting naked y destroyed the living room.Lol danced in the nude yelling “I want outta here!” Other goof ball things lol. Luckily my family just dances with him lol.

Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    M – am proud of you. I KNEW you’d do great

I’ve been in contact with the Newcomer group in Greensboro. Eileen seems to be having a hard time with the move from NJ to NC. I know the Newcomers really helped me. I figure if I get all the information, then I can just say to her “we’re going”. Or at least I hope I can! It’ll also be interesting for me to see how they are run. Like the gal said that right now they are on vacation. I wonder why we couldn’t do that? Well, I really don’t care at this point. I just go when I feel like it.

Chris – Keep coming back and you’ll see what a wonderful bunch of women are here. Feel free to just jump in if we’re on a topic that is of particular interest to you

Philicious – welcome! We’re glad you joined us. What part of FL are you in?

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.50min, 13.9amph, 131mhr, 1.58mi= 82c
    apple watch- 58c
    ELIPTICAL- 20min, 123mhr, 2650 strides, 5-12incl, 5-12resist raise 2 notches each song, 1.73mi= 152c
    apple watch- didn't record
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.49min, 18.5amph, 131mhr, 1.48mi= didn't record
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.19min, 12.7amph, 131mhr,3.02mi= 144c
    apple watch- 115c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.59min, 141mhr, 10.15min mi, .48mi= 67c
    apple watch- 62c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.21min, 9.39min mi, 145mhr, .45mi= 67c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm-17.06min, 8.9amph, 148mhr, 2.52mi= 202c
    apple watch- 148c

total cal 766
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Rita, glad you're ok!

Rebecca, glad you're doing better... You're such a lovely person, inside and out. I got rid of everyone on Facebook except family. And a few of them are about to get the ax as well...

Pip, I would like to be reincarnated as your dog. You give them all amazing, loving lives.

KJ, loved the steel tub, brought back memories. Enjoy your time with Joaquin!

Both scopes showed no tumors, no ulcers or ulcerations, no polyps, so yay! Biopsy results back in two weeks... But the doc expects those to be fine. So my earlier troubles were essentially a gut infection that cycled out of control.

Just exhausted, still, and my husband's been pampering me ever since we got home. Most unusual! :smiley: He got to help the plumber install the water heater this afternoon. Expensive, but worth it.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

wouldn't that be awesome??!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Lisa AR- That’s great news.

I’m eating the chocolate bars tossed out at me.Yeah Hubby got 3 chocolate bars when I read what I was reading out loud Godiva brand the orange dark chocolate just ate it not that great like other flavors.Indigestion for it even JR turned it down he loves Godiva. So good thing the other 2 is regular Godiva dark chocolates. Huge headache went over my salt intake got to be more careful about that.
    Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :) The management of the park we live in had a bbq today and I ate only food that I would normally eat and ate in moderation. Jake and I are not very social so we talked to a few people, ate our lunch, and walked home.

:) It looks like rain is coming for the next few days so I'm glad I got to work in the yard this morning in case I won't be able to for awhile. I have lots of indoor chores that need to be done.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    Yesterday while on Facebook, a friend of mine posted a political themed post, adding if you don't think as I do, then delete me. I posted my views, neither saying yes or no about it. She came back with a comment saying I didn't have proof, so my comment wasn't supported. Neither was hers but I didn't go into it with her. Its been awhile since I was challenged like that regarding being friends with someone. I decided she valued me agreeing with her on political things more than our friendship. It saddened me, but it is what it is. I knew she had different views than me, and I always put that aside. Facebook is just a platform to socialize with friends, not what she was making of it.
    💖Rebecca

She didn't add "if you don't think as I do, then delete me". She copied and pasted the political themed post with that statement. It's political spam and a phishing technique to locate the gullible. Did it have a spelling error in it?

Machka in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Rebecca y Machka - Bet your right! Try asking your friend directly by phone .Some if the phishing ones take over the chat messenger even had a friend it sent me a message after she clicked a link y everyone litterely has a whole conversation as if she was a “rake” saying go to a 💋 XX site if you know what I mean.She had clicked something about college or student loans bam 💥 everyone in town was shocked 😳. Here it wasn’t her so was able to get everyone to understand she didn’t write it by posting my chat with the bot! Litterely it was me asking the Bot who are you to well 😐 ummm your not Ashley she’s not into Women sooooo who are you. It was writing back answers that didn’t match my questions.Cant remember how she fixed it tho.Machka if it is phishing y phishing bots how can it be fixed now of days?
    Amber Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Lanette ... I had a lot of fun trying new recipes with the new veggies! While I've discontinued my Misfits Box for the summer, I'll probably pick it back up again this winter just for that reason. And, it forces you to eat well because you don't want to waste.

Kelly ... thanks for thinking of me. I have always told others that I'm not really what you'd call a dog-mom. But I have to confess that I'm missing our Zeke. Picked up his ashes yesterday and that hit me in a way I didn't expect. We keep looking for him. After 14+ years he had woven himself into the fabric of our lives. You forgot how much until they're gone. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of you grandson too! Be sure to share some photos.

Amber ... my youngest always had a wary look on his face like JRs... he's a confident young man now, but still keeps his distance!

Allie ... I would give my eye teeth to have you involved with my son's care! He so much needs someone with common sense and a love of adventure. Finding that is really hard to do. I know that there is work out there for you with the elderly.

Today I had my face rash biopsied. Waiting to see what it is but looking more like Lupus. Couple of precancerous spots on my arm and hand were frozen off as well. That's what you get for summers in the sun without sunscreen.

Very stressful day. Things continue to go downhill with my son's care. Met with his primary physician who is not impressed with his facility. Many emails. Lots of upset people. I have a headache. However ... I decided to get on the treadmill and do my kettle bell workout before eating today (I'm on 19:5 and waited until hour 22) and that has helped me feel that at least one thing is in my control. Waiting for jalapeño stuffed chicken breasts to finish cooking and I'll make some broccoli and call it dinner and a night.

Beth near Buffalo
    (((Beth)))
    DH had a rash on his face and it turned out it was shingles!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    This wasn't on Messenger, but on her page. With her friends/minions sticking up for her, highlighting me and pointing their finger at me, ( figuratively speaking).
    Rebecca

Yes, it would be on her page. Either as a meme or as something she copied and pasted from somewhere. One of the ways you can tell if she copied and pasted it is if there is a spelling error in the message. The "please delete me" line is another way you can tell it's been copied and pasted.

She would have liked something about the message to copy and paste it, and she would be one of the gullible ones to do that (so no doubt "someone" has taken note of that), but chances are she doesn't really mean the "please delete me" part. That's just a bit of drama the phishers/hoaxers put in to try to get people to react.

It falls in the same category as all the memes along the lines of ... "I bet I won't get one like", "Like this message and you'll come into some sort of good fortune", "If you don't like and share this message, I'm noting that you're not a very nice friend", blah, blah, blah.

It's best to ignore all of that stuff. At best it's rubbish and a waste of time and space, at worst, it can propagate viruses or open a person up to phishing.

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @bwtcetc I'm sorry about all you are going through.
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Oh, Margaret! And Margaret! I had shingles on my face last winter! Call your doctor if it gets anywhere near the eyes! It can cause blindness if it gets there. It’s miserable.

I had a very busy weekend at my daughters’ who live up near Rebecca on Whidbey Island. They have a great Independence Day celebration there, and their half-brother was here from TN. I hadn’t seen him for about 5 years, so it was good to reconnect. I was there through Friday, and then spent part of the weekend swimming and sleeping off the long drive back. Monday their brother drove my SIL’s car here, and I dropped the brother off at the airport. My SIL left for San Jose CA. He’ll be there 6 months while supervising a construction job. I’m driving his car down in a couple of weeks and flying back. ROAD TRIP!! Woot Woot! It’ll be fun!

Meanwhile, I stopped watching this site at about page 10. I have a LOT of catching up to do. Fatigue and a minor tummy issue are a pretty thin excuse (pardon the pun!), but I have logged my food every day, at least.

I’m going to skim, and I may post a directed comment or two, but if it’s between 10 and 32, that’ll be later.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    That was supposed to be “And Beth!” Oops! Won’t let me edit.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    July Goals
    This week

Health
    1. Write what I'm grateful for here daily✔️✔️
    2. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week✔️✔️
    3.Track all ✔️✔️
    4. Five minutes meditation 5 days a week ✔️
    5. Average 1100 calories net average✔️✔️
    6. Lose 1-2 kilos/month on track
    7. Take measurements every 2 weeks (?) not yet
    8. Go to free coaching session not yet
    9. Try one class per week at gym (I had signed up-annual sign up- for the 7 euros a month extra for classes and havent gone since the "zen" stretching classes weren't great.) not this week
    10. Use city bike 1x a week (I also signed up many months ago at about 3-4 euros per month, there was no bike free the first time I wanted to use it and I had completely forgotten about it, it's not in my habits). not yet
    11. eat fresh leafy greens 4 days a week not yet
    12. try skipping breakfast had breakfast at 10 ✔️✔️
    13. less than 50 carbs ✔️x
    Long term writing
    14. Spend at least 2h/day on long term writing project average xx
    15. Produce at least 3 rough pages per day average xx

Home
    14. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning ✔️✔️✔️

Paper
    15. Make a list of short term tasks, etc and prioritise them, x
    16. Take care of at least 2 short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill per week not yet
    17. Taxes not yet
    18. 1 h per week filing not yet

Art
    19. 1 hour on art project (other than sketching) per week not yet

Work
    20. do one work-related thing per week other than the above, to progress (I have to network and take initiative etc, in my job and I haven't been doing so much since focusing on thesis ) not specifically

Remaining from May to do in July : Make appointment with dentist 2

Grateful:
    good night's sleep
    awesome colleagues
    some pleasant moments yesterday
    intense stress yesterday morning dissipated
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I really didn't want to go to the gym today but I went for my minimal 15 min elliptical (plus 10 min round trip walk to gym) and felt much better afterwards.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    im up having my tea and will watch Joyce...
    I wont diagnose but Tom is staying home from work because of his foot.now that is saying something he never calls off work...im thinking he night have a stress fracture on his foot told him to go to the foot dr. but he will call the GP when they open.
    Have Tal today and will go walk the dogs and feed DFIL and then take her to the playground .. have to meet friends in cromwell at 12:45 for lunch.. they are childhood friends of mine and dragging Tal along..